Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know, I'm getting excited about it.
    I hope since it's your birthday Jayson, you'll be able to make an exception and head out to the theater to see it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the trailer at the theater tonight. Looks like it will be pretty bad ass but it is definitely not going to be one that I am going to be able to drag my wife to. It looks like it is going to be gory.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I know, I'm getting excited about it.
    I hope since it's your birthday Jayson, you'll be able to make an exception and head out to the theater to see it.
    I've never missed a Tarantino movie in the theater and I don't plan to start now.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Adam Sandler is a fine actor. His dramatic acting is top notch.
    Yeah, he's a real DeNiro.
    Yeah, unless DeNiro is playing a crazy guy or a mobster his skills are virtually nilch. At least use a good example like Kevin Spacey, a guy with some range.

Have not seen Reign Over Me or Punch Drunk Love? Love to see DeNiro even try a role like that lol
    Deniro has no range outside his mobster skills, haha what an ignorant statement,

Awakenings
    Backdraft
    Cape Fear
    This Boys Life
    Sleepers
    Jackie Brown
    Men of Honor
    Meet the Parents/Fockers
    Analyze This/That
    Deer Hunter
    Midnight Run
    etc.etc.etc.

Oh and Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love were Sandlers worst two movies
    Sloth Love Chunk

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never missed a Tarantino movie in the theater and I don't plan to start now.

me either. I've seen them all on the big screen and most on opening day.

Jayson, I wish we lived closer so we could go together.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

August 21!

Ahhhhh but I want to watch it nowwww!!!
    Sloth Love Chunk

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it is done filming yet I'm looking forward to a good full trailer not the dumb teaser they just released.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Jayson, I wish we lived closer so we could go together.
    That'd be cool.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know I'm beginning to get really anxious as well. I wish it was coming out sooner.

And here's the other two posters that are out now for those that are curious.

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so excited!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

I've already told my friend that what I want for my birthday is for her to babysit Ella so we can go to the theatre to see the movie.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

These posters are cool!!!
    I've never been one to hang up movie posters, but these are tempting.

Garage.....HMMMMMM
    Sloth Love Chunk

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

4 to 6 hours is a looooong ass time for anyone, from any country. jesus.

anyway, here is a trailer for Inglorious Basterds. I'm psyched for new tarantino stuff.

Inglorious Basterds Trailer

just realized i posted after the 1st page, referring to something from a long time ago.

anyway, those posters look sick as eff.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING'S CHILDE View Post
    Meet the Parents/Fockers
    Analyze This/That
    Deer Hunter
    Midnight Run
    etc.etc.etc.
    See, this is the problem I have with Deniro. Instead of preserving his legacy as a brilliant actor, he chooses to accept any role, no matter how demeaning. I'm not saying he can't do comedy well-in fact, Midnight Run is probably one of my favorite movies, which is not something you would normally hear me say about a film starring Charles Grodin-but there has to be a limit to what you'll tolerate.

It's like Michael Caine. Do people think of him as a distinguished actor any longer? No, they think of him as an actor who's notorious for accepting any crap role for which he can get garner a seven figure salary.

Adam Sandler is a fine actor. His dramatic acting is top notch.
    Yeah, he's a real DeNiro.
    Yeah, unless DeNiro is playing a crazy guy or a mobster his skills are virtually nilch. At least use a good example like Kevin Spacey, a guy with some range.

Have not seen Reign Over Me or Punch Drunk Love? Love to see DeNiro even try a role like that lol
    Deniro has no range outside his mobster skills, haha what an ignorant statement,

Awakenings
    Backdraft
    Cape Fear
    This Boys Life
    Sleepers
    Jackie Brown
    Men of Honor
    Meet the Parents/Fockers
    Analyze This/That
    Deer Hunter
    Midnight Run
    etc.etc.etc.

Oh and Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love were Sandlers worst two movies

Deniro's skills are nilch??? He has no range? Did I just walk into backwards world?

Dude, he has a pretty wide range as an actor. Look at that list in the quote above. I admit that he's done some shitty movies in his time too, most actors do. But I think the guy maybe got tired of the serious drama and decided to try new genres. He already made his mark in film, he's getting older, he wants to do something a little lighter, who knows. I thought he was hilarious in meet the fockers. and i cried like a little jerk for his character in awakenings. he also doesn't get enough props for his role in The Fan. May seem like a ridiculous movie at first, but i think it's a pretty solid flick, and deniro (although playing crazy again) kind of makes you hate him/fear him/sympathize with him throughout.

Adam Sandler? I thought his role in punch drunk love was strange and weak and unlike anything he's done before. And i really dug that, but there were times where he almost fell back into his angry happy gilmore voice, and it almost became comical. i never saw reign over me, but i'm sure he's alright in it.

And please, I can't let this one go. You don't really believe there's a role out there that adam sandler could pull off, but too much of an acting obstacle for Robert Deniro? That was a joke, right? I'm almost sure that was a joke, but it's hard to tell with this internet thing.

The Michael Cain thing is a bit similar. these guys have all done academy award work. why not do some stupid movies once in a while. what does it matter to them? They succeeded in their craft and now it's time to fuck around a bit. I don't blame them at all. As far as recent movies, Michael Cain was great in Children of Men. And eventhough it was silly, i enjoyed him in Austin Powers 3.

that's how i feels.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly cannot believe that anyone would seriously try to argue that Adam Sandler has more depth than DiNero. I really dont think that I can even debate with someone of that opinion. I like Adam Sandler, but he will always be the Waterboy/Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison/the Wedding Singer. Is there any actor out their that is as one-faceted as Sandler?
    Sandler is just beginning to take on serious roles, and has yet to prove himself IMO. Click wasnt bad, Reign Over Me wasnt terrible, but Punch Drunk Love was a two hours of my life I will never get back. And Spanglish sucked balls
    Anyway, Since this is a thread about Quetin Tarentino's new movie, this is my last comment about this here.
    If you want to open a DeNiro vs Sandler thread, I will post there, along with a few other people I would expect.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    As far as recent movies, Michael Cain was great in Children of Men.
    I actually thought Caine was the one and only good thing in that film. I thought I'd like that film but I hated it, though I thought Caine's performance was great and reminded me about why I love Michael Caine.

I also agree completely with the rest of what you said Mike, except that I didn't really like The Fan (though DeNiro was very good).

They could both do nothing but crap for the rest of the careers and it may cause me to question why they take some roles but it will never lessen the great performances they've already given or cause me to question their abilities. No amount of stupid roles will make me forget DeNiro in The King of Comedy.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I too did not care for Children of Men
    Sloth Love Chunk

yeah, it seemed like it would be better than it was. and i really like the director.

i would have enjoyed 2 hours of michael caine smoking weed at his house, though.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

hahahaha......yeah I guess that was a redeeming value in the movie.
    I remember seeing the previews and thinking that it was going to be good.
    Then I saw it and was quite dissapointed, especially with the end.

It was one of those times that the end comes and I was like "What, this cant be the end"
    But it was, and I went to sleep confused.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    i would have enjoyed 2 hours of michael caine smoking weed at his house, though.
    Indeed. When I got home from the movie I packed a bowl and wished Michael Caine was there to smoke with me.

I remember seeing the previews and thinking that it was going to be good.
    In my case I had read the book first and thought well this will make a good movie. I really should remember I rarely like adaptations and this was a good example of why.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Who wrote the book? Was it good?
    Sloth Love Chunk

It was written by P. D. James. I thought it was very good, much better than the film which changed a lot from the book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast