Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

July 30, 2008 - QT's long-awaited WWII film, Inglorious Bastards, may have found a distributor in Universal Pictures.

In today's Variety, we learn that the studio is in talks with the Weinstein Co. to assist in bringing the anticipated picture to the big screen. The details of the deal are still reportedly being hashed out, but industry sources tell the mag that it's practically a sure thing.

Tarantino and producer Harvey Weinstein reportedly met with five major studios last week about co-financing the movie, and the finalists were Paramount and Uni. Paramount was ultimately passed over due to issues the studio had with profit distribution from the movie.

Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio have both been linked to roles in the flick. Pitt would play the movie's main hero, Aldo "the Apache" Raine, the world-weary leader of a group of men on a mission. DiCaprio would play Nazi villain, Hans Lada.

Inglorious Bastards is expected to start filming this fall in France and Germany.

UPDATED: Entertainment Weekly's Hollywood Elsewhere blog claims that rumors of DiCaprio being up for the villain role are false.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

July 30, 2008 - QT's long-awaited WWII film, Inglorious Bastards, may have found a distributor in Universal Pictures.

In today's Variety, we learn that the studio is in talks with the Weinstein Co. to assist in bringing the anticipated picture to the big screen. The details of the deal are still reportedly being hashed out, but industry sources tell the mag that it's practically a sure thing.

Tarantino and producer Harvey Weinstein reportedly met with five major studios last week about co-financing the movie, and the finalists were Paramount and Uni. Paramount was ultimately passed over due to issues the studio had with profit distribution from the movie.

Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio have both been linked to roles in the flick. Pitt would play the movie's main hero, Aldo "the Apache" Raine, the world-weary leader of a group of men on a mission. DiCaprio would play Nazi villain, Hans Lada.

Inglorious Bastards is expected to start filming this fall in France and Germany.

UPDATED: Entertainment Weekly's Hollywood Elsewhere blog claims that rumors of DiCaprio being up for the villain role are false.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Inglorious Bastard Found
    Tarantino casts a fellow director.
    by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, August 6, 2008 - Quentin Tarantino may have found his first Inglorious Bastard in the shape of horror director Eli Roth.

According to Variety, the Hostel helmer is in talks to play Nazi-hunter Sgt. Donnie Donowitz -- a role that should suit the Red Sox-loving Roth well as the character's weapon of choice is a baseball bat.

As previously reported, Brad Pitt is the current favourite to play leader of the men on a WWII mission Aldo Raine, although Tarantino has reportedly decided to cast a German actor as SS Col. Hans Landa, a role originally ear-marked for Leonardo DiCaprio.

Inglorious Bastards is set to shoot later this year, with The Weinstein Co. and Universal Pictures overseeing.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Sandler, no way. I'm with you there. He can't act and I don't think he's all that funny either.
    Adam Sandler is a fine actor. His dramatic acting is top notch.

Tarantino...he needs to branch out a little, try something new. I was hoping on him just doing a WWII movie then I found out (surprise, surprise) it involves criminals and I groaned. Let's hope he can make a good movie and not lose himself in the dialogue.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yeah, he's a real DeNiro.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That Bastard Brad Pitt
    Official casting for Tarantino's WWII movie.
    by Jim Vejvoda

August 7, 2008 - Brad Pitt has been officially cast in writer-director Quentin Tarantino's forthcoming World War II film Inglorious Bastards. He will play the lead role of hillbilly soldier Aldo Raine, who leads a group of Jewish-American G.I.'s on a mission against the Nazis.

"You'll see something different with the two of them," producer Lawrence Bender told The Hollywood Reporter. "They're going to push each other and really help make something special."

Also joining the cast is The Office's B.J. Novak as PFC Utivich, described by THR "as a soldier of slight build who comes from New York."

Variety says filming begins on the Weinstein-Universal production Oct. 13 in Germany

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yeah, he's a real DeNiro.
    Yeah, unless DeNiro is playing a crazy guy or a mobster his skills are virtually nilch. At least use a good example like Kevin Spacey, a guy with some range.

Have not seen Reign Over Me or Punch Drunk Love? Love to see DeNiro even try a role like that lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

You're actually saying Sandler is a better actor than DeNiro. Thanks. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Also, I think lumping many of DeNiro's roles together as "a crazy guy" does a disservice to his range. First and foremost, not all "crazy" is the same and cannot be played that way convincingly. Are you really saying that Rupert Pupkin (The King of Comedy) and Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver) are essentially the same role? That'd be a serious error. I can't imagine Sandler playing either of these roles. Ditto Michael Vronsky (The Deer Hunter)

Also, are you lumping his portrayal of Jake Lamotta (Raging Bull) in with the "crazy guys"? Another error. There is SO much more to Lamotta than just being some standard nutcase.

It's a major oversimplification to write off all of his roles as generic crazy guys without considering the nuances he brings to the role to portray the mental illnesses as realistic.

We all have our opinions and you are certainly entitled to yours, but I know which of the two actors has provided for me the more memorable performances.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how I feel about this...

Myers in on the Q.T.
    Comedian goes from Love Guru to Inglorious Bastards.
    by Todd Gilchrist

August 15, 2008 - On Thursday, August 14, 2008, Variety announced that Mike Myers joined the cast of Inglorious Bastards. Myers is set to play British General Ed Fenech, a military strategist who helps develop a plan to hunt down Nazis during WWII.

Myers joins a cast that includes Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Simon Pegg, Nastassja Kinski, David Krumholtz and B.J. Novak. The film was written and is being directed by Quentin Tarantino, and borrows its name from Enzo Castellari's 1970s war film of the same name, although it is not intended to be a direct remake. Rather, Tarantino intends his film to be a broader homage to the exploitation films that inspired him, and follows a group of Jewish-American soldiers who band together to kill Nazis.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm definately not thrilled with that news. I'm not a fan of Mike Myers. However QT seems to do a good job with casting so hopefully he'll work well in the film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

I am not all happy about it. I think Myers is so overrated and not funny. QT will have to do one hell of a job to keep him from making his scenes suck ass.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not that I don't like Myers (I'm a huge fan of Wayne's World and Austin Powers), it's just that I don't think he's the right actor for this type of movie.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw a trailer for a film that Tarantino is in. It's a Japanese Western movie directed by Takashi Miike.

He's known as the Japanese Tarantino. The movie looked pretty good. I can't remember the name of it. I wouldn't be able to spell it even if I could remember.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Troy Beauty Joins Inglorious Bastards
    Plus QT casts his bad-guy.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, September 1, 2008 - Hurrah! Yet more Inglorious Bastards casting news! Diane Kruger, Christoph Waltz and Paul Rust are the latest set of thesps to sign up for Quentin Tarantino's WW2 epic, according to Variety.

Kruger, who you might remember as the comely Helen from Troy, plays a seductive German actress who enters in a plot to sabotage some devious Nazi plans.

German actor Waltz will play the bad guy Colonel Hans Landa, while 'Wheelchair Darren' from Semi-Pro Paul Rust is one of the titular Bastards.

Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Mike Myers and Michael Fassbinder are already onboard the film, which starts filming on location in Germany this October.

Along the Path of the Beam Seppe-sai is on a distinguished road Seppe-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trying to sum up what I can since this thread was merged...

1. Seymour Scagnetti was Mr. Blonde's parole officer in Res Dogs. Jack Scagnetti was the cop in NBK obsessed with catching Mickey and banging Mallory.

2. Mike Myers certainly sounds like odd casting to me, but QT is nothing if not passionate about casting the right actor for the role. I'll trust his judgment until the movie comes out and proves me otherwise.

3. DeNiro is a better comic actor than Sandler, let alone dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppe-sai View Post
    DeNiro is a better comic actor than Sandler, let alone dramatic.
    Thanks Seppe-Sai. I was sticking with the more obvious dramatic roles because it was easier to make a point, but I agree with you completely. DeNiro has impeccable comedic timing. His all-too-brief role in "Brazil" is evidence of the comedic genius of the man.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Feev, you read my mind. I was going to ask if you had any new info on Inglorious Bastards. Of course I had to look up all those names because I've never heard of any of them before.
    Is there any news on when they start filming?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They start filming this October, in Germany.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Inglorious Exclusive
    Star discusses Tarantino role.
    by Kaleem Aftab, IGN UK

UK, September 26, 2008 - It's been quite a year for Michael Fassbender, an actor who for a decade was seen mainly on British TV. He wowed Cannes audiences with his brilliant turn as Irish Republican hunger striker Bobby Sands in Steve Mcqueen's award-winning film Hunger. The 31-year-old who, was born in Heidelberg Germany before moving to Ireland at age two, was also recently seen playing a middle-class holiday maker harassed and tortured by unruly British youths in James' Watkin's horror Eden Lake. IGN caught up with him at the San Sebastian film festival while he was en route to the biggest gig of his career so far, a starring role in Quentin Tarantino's WWII action yarn, Inglorious Bastards.

IGN: How was it meeting Tarantino for the first time?

Fassbender: It was amazing, fantastic. He's a film enthusiast. I love that you can mention any film to him, and he doesn't only know the f**king film, he'll quote sections of the film to you. I love that. I'm a film geek, too.

IGN: Tarantino loves Italian B-movies. Is this anything like the Enzo G. Castellari-directed 1978 Italian WWII movie Inglorious Bastards (Quel maledetto treno blindato)?

Fassbender: I haven't seen the original to be honest. I don't know, this plot is very much in a Quentin Tarantino-style. The dialogue; the rapid sort of response between characters.

IGN: Who do you play?

Fassbender: I play Hicox, Lt. Hicox, who is an English guy posing as a German soldier.

IGN: What happens to him?

Fassbender: I can't tell you that, Jesus Christ.

IGN: Tarantino is well-known for changing the script on set, are you prepared for the dialogue to change or to do some serious ad-libbing?

Fassbender: Look, I always think my job is to tell a story. The character within a script is to tell a story. I'm just going to make sure that my German is good because he might want to drift off the script, just like you said, so I have to make sure that I'm prepared enough on the German. I prepare in a very disciplined fashion, in terms of the script. I work on it, over and over again, until I'm sick of it, and then I work on it a couple of other times, so I just prepare for getting it on the page and then I relax.

IGN: Do you think that acting in a Tarantino film will be something that changes your career?

Fassbender: I just want to keep working and working with interesting people. He's definitely up there at the top of the list in terms of interesting directors, but I just want to keep on getting the chance to work and learn.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! Thanks for posting that, Fever.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Basterds of August
    Tarantino's Inglourious film gets a release date.
    by IGN Staff

January 1, 2009 - The Weinstein Company (TWC) and Universal Pictures have announced that Academy Award-winning director Quentin Tarantino 's World War II epic, Inglourious Basterds, starring Brad Pitt, will open domestically August 21, 2009.

The announcement was made by Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of TWC and David Linde, co-chairman of Universal Pictures who are partners in the film. TWC and Universal are co-financing and co-presenting the film with TWC handling domestic distribution and Universal handling international distribution. International release dates will be announced shortly.

The ensemble cast of Inglourious Basterds includes Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Mélanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Eli Roth, Samm Levine, B.J. Novak, Til Schweiger, Christian Berkel, Michael Fassbender, Mike Myers, Rod Taylor, and Cloris Leachman.

Inglourious Basterds begins in German-occupied France, where Shosanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent) witnesses the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz). Shosanna narrowly escapes and flees to Paris, where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to engage in targeted acts of retribution. Known to their enemy as "The Basterds," Raine's squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget Von Hammersmark (Diane Kruger) on a mission to take down the leaders of The Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own...

Trailer is up
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcoPxyxpE9A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcoPxyxpE9A[/ame]

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait!

It's scheduled for release 6 days before my birthday!!!!!

Thanks for posting the trailer Heather

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast