Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Can you please post pics?
    Of course. I didn't take a picture of every page, but here is a sample.

Cover:

Cast:

Three of the eight centerfolds:

Rear cover:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Very cool! Thanks Jerome
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I reeived the booklet too, got the Walter Goggins centerfold (who was fantastic in the film). Very cool little keepsake.

Also, Tarantinofiles will love Hateful Eight, but don't be surprised to see it receive lukewarm receptions outside his circle of influence.

Will post a full review later. Loved it.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to see it today.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    You have a responsibility to see it for those of us that can't. It's like the end of Good Will Hunting. You don't owe it to yourself, you owe it to us.

I'm hearing it's kind of slow and self-indulgent (and the roadshow kind of a gimmick without adding anything to the film itself), so that's why I was undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The roadshow version works so well with the intermission, I'm not sure how it would work otherwise. It's like it was designed to have a little break there. Plus the regular version is 10 minutes shorter I understand, but there doesn't seem to be too much where you could cut.
    Thanks, pablo!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ricky, I'm just going to pretend I never heard you question going to the roadshow

Feev, that's excellent to hear. I've been trying to stay away from reading or hearing anything about it. Only 2 more days to go.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I saw it. I liked it. It's not Inglorious Bastards, but it's still pretty good.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In addition to the added minutes, the intermission, the overture at the beginning, the true 70mm Panamax Ultra wide-screen format, the credits rolling with an almost static 3 minute image (no immediate action that would divert attention), there were no commercials, no trailers, and no cell phone admonishments etc. The theater I went to sat ~425 people and was 75% full. The audience was self regulated and behaved perfectly.
    If the roadshow was a gimmick, I want more of them.
    Movie was scheduled to start at Noon and the overture began at 12:07 PM. They nailed it.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching now. We're at the intermission. Some people around me didn't know there was an intermission and I heard someone say "that's it?" when the movie just stopped playing. Anyway, so far so good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In addition to the added minutes, the intermission, the overture at the beginning, the true 70mm Panamax Ultra wide-screen format, the credits rolling with an almost static 3 minute image (no immediate action that would divert attention), there were no commercials, no trailers, and no cell phone admonishments etc. The theater I went to sat ~425 people and was 75% full. The audience was self regulated and behaved perfectly.
    If the roadshow was a gimmick, I want more of them.
    Movie was scheduled to start at Noon and the overture began at 12:07 PM. They nailed it.
    Agreed.
    I was very pleased with the experience beyond the film itself.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It has been 30 minutes and the 2nd half has not started up yet. Not sure why they have waited this long. Kinda annoying.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It has been 30 minutes and the 2nd half has not started up yet. Not sure why they have waited this long. Kinda annoying.
    That's strange... intermission should not have lasted more than 10-15 minutes.
    Your theater has dun goofed.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, they messed up. It started up again a few minutes after I posted. Just got out now. I enjoyed it. He hasn't lost his touch or thirst for buckets of blood, that's for sure. And I could only find one version of the brochure. I have one extra if anyone wants. The one with Jackson.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Our intermission was 15 minutes long.
    I believe it actually said intermission on screen as the break began. No one at my viewing seemed confused.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

When the intermission began someone in the theater yelled "I gotta take a shit!"

lmao

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Our intermission was 15 minutes long.
    I believe it actually said intermission on screen as the break began. No one at my viewing seemed confused.
    That's interesting. For the viewing I was at, the movie just stopped right in the middle when The Mexican was closing the piano. Maybe that's how it was suppose to be. There was no fade out of anything. Just abruptly paused at that moment then the screen went dark. No "intermission" for a couple of seconds and that's when people around me were confused. Then the word showed up and people obviously got it at that point. And our intermission was just over half an hour. Still, I wasn't disappointed. I thought it was a good movie.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    When the intermission began someone in the theater yelled "I gotta take a shit!"

lmao
    Spoiler:
    Sounds like something an ASSHOLE would say.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

lmao
    Spoiler:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

lmao
    Spoiler:

Wont, Waaa!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Off the Chain!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Went to see it last night when it opened near me. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny as well. I'd highly recommend it. I'm curious what was cut from the film. Does anyone know?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm drooling over the booklet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm drooling over the booklet.
    If you don't have one (and aren't getting one), PM me your address and I'll send you a Samual Jackson one.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Went to see it last night when it opened near me. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny as well. I'd highly recommend it. I'm curious what was cut from the film. Does anyone know?
    He purportedly cut come dialogue from extended conversations. So a minute here and a minute there.

Tarantino:
    "I actually changed the cutting slightly for a couple of the multiplex scenes because it’s not [the 70mm version]. Now it’s on Showtime Extreme. You’re watching it on TV, and you just kind of want to watch a movie on your couch. … It was awesome in the bigness of 70, but sitting on your couch, maybe it’s not so awesome. So I cut it up a little bit. It’s a little less precious about itself."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast