Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

BTW, what's in the frickin' briefcase????

(you all know what I'm talking about, yes?)
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    BTW, what's in the frickin' briefcase????

(you all know what I'm talking about, yes?)
    There are a few theories, but I think Tarantino's never explained it, as far as I know. I think the really popular theory is that it's Marsellus Wallace's soul. You see him with a band aid on the back of his head at one point, and apparently that's where the devil takes your soul from. So he was basically trying to buy it back.
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i don't need to know what's in the briefcase.

i also didn't need to see the robbery in reservoir dogs.

it's just like the complaints about how you didn't actually see the basterds in action more often. i didn't need that, either.

i like the mystery.

*shrugs*

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post

it's just like the complaints about how you didn't actually see the basterds in action more often. i didn't need that, either.

i like the mystery.

*shrugs*

i'll tell you exactly what's in the briefcase...

Spoiler:
    needless speculation

Spoiler:

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted this the other day on FB but it should go here too.

Quentin Tarantino announces plans for 'Kill Bill 3'
    by Nicole Sperling

Speaking on an Italian talk show Parla Con Me, Quentin Tarantino confirms his plans to make a Kill Bill 3. The writer/director — whose last film Inglourious Basterds has generated over $245 million in worldwide box office — says that he will make another installment of his successful Kill Bill series, but that he wants there to be a 10-year break between the second and third film. That would put Kill Bill 3 with a 2014 release date and his star Uma Thurman at 44, just the right age to kick more ass.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I posted this the other day on FB but it should go here too.

Quentin Tarantino announces plans for 'Kill Bill 3'
    by Nicole Sperling

Speaking on an Italian talk show Parla Con Me, Quentin Tarantino confirms his plans to make a Kill Bill 3. The writer/director — whose last film Inglourious Basterds has generated over $245 million in worldwide box office — says that he will make another installment of his successful Kill Bill series, but that he wants there to be a 10-year break between the second and third film. That would put Kill Bill 3 with a 2014 release date and his star Uma Thurman at 44, just the right age to kick more ass.
    thanks sarah

he's said this previously as well, that his plans have always included a third installment where nikki (vernita's daughter) is grown and seeks the revenge beatrix promised her was hers to seek (and then i suspect b.b. will want some revenge of her own)

it was my understanding that one of the reasons he is waiting is because he wants to use the same actress that played the young nikki to play the older nikki.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Technically, shouldn't it be Kill Beatrix ?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thought this was kind of interesting.
    QT's favorite films since 1992. There were quite a few in his list that I was really surprised to see, and some that I was surprised he didn't include.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz4K-Rxx2Bk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz4K-Rxx2Bk[/ame]
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fight Club and Boogie Nights are two of my favorites as well. I was surprised that he didn't include The Departed or another Scorsese.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

i like the mystery.

*shrugs*
    I agree with the first two, but I would have liked to see the Basterds in action more.

They are the title characters and seemed to take a back seat for much of the film.

I'm not really complaining because I really loved the film. I just wanted to see the Basterds a little more and I'm not just talking about them killing and murdering. I would have liked to see more back story for some of them and some interaction between them.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

see...

in my OPINION, although the name of the movie might be inglourious basterds, the real story we were there to see was that of shosanna and her revenge.

see...

in my OPINION, although the name of the movie might be inglourious basterds, the real story we were there to see was that of shosanna and her revenge.

precisely!

here's the real question, when it comes down to it...

what would you have cut out to put that in?

the movie is already 2.5 hours. to put in basterd backstory, something else would have to go. i cannot think of 30 seconds of the existing film i'd have lost to make room for that.

i saw enough interaction between aldo and the other two surviving basterds in the movie theatre.

shosanna's story resonates much much more because of that brilliant opening sequence. from then on, it was her movie.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. i would say........... DON"T CUT ANYTHING!

I have no problem with sitting on my ass for three+ hours if the film I'm watching is (in)glourious.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I agree with the first two, but I would have liked to see the Basterds in action more.

They are the title characters and seemed to take a back seat for much of the film.
    My thoughts exactly.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think the film worked fine just the way it was. But I can't deny that I would have loved to have seen more of the basterds. They were definitely an interesting group of characters, I'm really curious to learn more about them.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man... I looove Tarantino's films. Haven't seen The Basterds yet but most definitely I will. My all time fav films from him are: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooohh Myste, you HAVE to see Inglorious! Its amazing! While Pulp Fiction is my favorite, I think Kill Bill 1-2 might eventually take the lead simply because I am in love with the soundtracks (not saying that there's a bad tarantino soundtrack, they're all awesome, but kill bill's the fav).
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Inglorious Basterds.

I thought it was entertaining...

but...

I can't decide if its a really good movie or a ridiculous farce. I mean, dude, I seriously thought that a gorilla was going to go bounding across the set at the end.

Maybe if...

Spoiler:
    ...the entire German high command including Hitler and his lieutenants weren't all killed in the end...

it might be easier for me to decide.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you suggesting that this seems unrealistic?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a tad...yeah. But realism isn't necessary for me to enjoy a movie. There's realism and there's historical accuracy. It's the complete disregard for history that sticks in my craw. I mean, its a movie; actually its more than that. It's a fantasy. I get that. And it isn't like The Dirty Dozen was historically accurate either. But the inconsistency with reality is so blaring that it was like being slapped in the face with a copy of The Longest Day.

Like I said, I enjoyed it but the ending made me drop my jaw and say, "Uh...what?"
    It was like someone went through the trouble to make a perfect banana split then, instead of putting a cherry on top of it they put a jagged little pebble.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Just a tad...yeah. But realism isn't necessary for me to enjoy a movie. There's realism and there's historical accuracy. It's the complete disregard for history that sticks in my craw. I mean, its a movie; actually its more than that. It's a fantasy. I get that. And it isn't like The Dirty Dozen was historically accurate either. But the inconsistency with reality is so blaring that it was like being slapped in the face with a copy of The Longest Day.

Like I said, I enjoyed it but the ending made me drop my jaw and say, "Uh...what?"
    It was like someone went through the trouble to make a perfect banana split then, instead of putting a cherry on top of it they put a jagged little pebble.
    Couldn't have put it better myself, Cozener.

Just caught it on dvd, and... dear, oh dear. The film really can't seem to decide whether it's trying to be a truly great, thoughtful film in the vein of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, or whether it just wants to be a good ol' OTT stupid b-movie flick with Nazis. I like both, but not at the same time: it's like mixing cheese with chocolate. Just not my cup of tea. Shame: with that real Sphagetti Western-esque beginning that seemed almost a tribute to Angel Eye's introduction in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, I was kinda hoping a sphagetti western style flick, but in France with nazis. Ah well. Maybe I'll have to view it a second time to "get" it.

Not anytime soon, though!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The official trailer for Django Unchained !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

I don't think I can wait till Christmas for this movie to come out

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We're going to have both The Hobbit and Django Unchained in December. Merry Christmas to us!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

tried to watch Inglorious Basterds, which was kind of fun, but, as usual, fell asleep in the middle and lost interest... hope to resume some time soon

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast