Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

James, I'm always impressed by your output on writing pieces like this. I'll be sure to read it today my friend.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Wow, thanks man. I appreciate hearing that.

As for OUATIH itself: that’s a film that appeals to me more and more. I’m itching to rewatch it again, and that actually happens pretty rarely these days.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I shall read it as well!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    A few months ago, I got to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for the 2nd time on the big screen, and I suddenly found myself comparing and contrasting it to one of my favorite films, Withnail & I. Not that they're remotey similar in terms of style or execution, but they both explore the end of a decade from the point of view of actors. If anyone fancies a read, here's the link:

The end of a decade: Comparing and contrasting Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and Withnail & I
    First of all, why are we just getting this now? Did I miss it?

Second, we need more of these deep dives. It was a fantastic, enlightening read. I know I shouldn't be one to talk considering how much my movie review writing has fallen off, but I would love to see more of these.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks, Mike! Why you’re getting this now: back when I wrote this in January, I was pretty quiet on the board, especially with the writing on FanSided taking up a lot of time. But I decided to be more active on the boards lately, and one article I wrote that compared two takes on a similar idea reminded me of the above article. Really happy you enjoyed the read. What made it so easy to write was that it only just occurred to me while I was watching OUATIH the second time. I’d love to explore other contrasts, it’s just a matter of finding the right combination of films.

- Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mike! Why you’re getting this now: back when I wrote this in January, I was pretty quiet on the board, especially with the writing on FanSided taking up a lot of time. But I decided to be more active on the boards lately, and one article I wrote that compared two takes on a similar idea reminded me of the above article. Really happy you enjoyed the read. What made it so easy to write was that it only just occurred to me while I was watching OUATIH the second time. I’d love to explore other contrasts, it’s just a matter of finding the right combination of films.
    Totally! I love the idea of comparing and contrasting two films. I think that's a really unique idea that I can't say I've seen. Especially to take two films that seemingly don't have a ton in common on the surface. I will keep my eyes open for some possibilities.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched Hollywood again. Fuck, that is a great movie, isn't it? A film that doesn't have an overwhelming amount of plot, but the sheer love it has for movies and TV shows is clear and infectious. My ex Sarah absolutely loves it - it's already one of her all-time favorites - and I can see why. Just a brilliant love letter to both film and the 60s from Tarantino.

- Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Hollywood again. Fuck, that is a great movie, isn't it? A film that doesn't have an overwhelming amount of plot, but the sheer love it has for movies and TV shows is clear and infectious. My ex Sarah absolutely loves it - it's already one of her all-time favorites - and I can see why. Just a brilliant love letter to both film and the 60s from Tarantino.
    It's a testament to great writing, directing and acting. QT gets a lot of hate, but in the wrong hands, this film would have been a train wreck.

When I went to see it, I surrendered myself to Tarantino. That's a trust I have in very few directors. Here is my review where I probably explain it better.

https://boxd.it/LWVvp

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I also wanted to show you this beautiful movie mylar I bought.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couldn't agree more.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is an excellent documentary with a lot of behind the scenes and historical info showing on, Starz called: QT8: The First Eight

Check it out if you can
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! Enjoyable article. A couple of the Reservoir Dogs visual hints were super subtle, would've never picked up on them.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36