Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam and Spammers

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

nope, doesn't sound stupid at all. you won't be able to miss it because it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, it's full of links, and it generally advertises something (like a game or something). i'll pm you an example if you'd like.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Aha, like a random commercial.
    I think I'll be able to spot one if I see one.
    Thanks for the info.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

for example just going to random threads and posting VOTE DIXIE PIG, or something, then just leaving.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is not on the criteria list but I will say that if you come here and post a link in under 10 posts, we'll be notified.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Aha, like a random commercial.
    I think I'll be able to spot one if I see one.
    Thanks for the info.
    you say true, i say thankya.
    "random commercial" i like that. i think i'll use that. do you want royalties?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    for example just going to random threads and posting VOTE DIXIE PIG, or something, then just leaving.
    shutup traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

That is not on the criteria list but I will say that if you come here and post a link in under 10 posts, we'll be notified.
    okay. call me stupid (don't even think about it razzle dazzle) but i don't understand this.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Does going off topic count as spam? for example we spoke of zombies in the "fear" thread, and ended up with rainbow cake.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It means spammers are generally not established members. They join and start spamming right off, which means they have a low post count. Part of the rules the spam program recognizes is know spam content + low post count.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does going off topic count as spam? for example we spoke of zombies in the "fear" thread, and ended up with rainbow cake.
    No, it's not spam, but I will kill you if you do it again.

Just kidding.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

too late

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Daggers and Razz are correct.

The system will notify us if you just got here and are trying to post an off site link.

Being off topic is not considered SPAM but it does piss off the admin

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    No, it's not spam, but I will kill you if you do it again.

Just kidding.
    somehow i get the feeling that you're not.

Daggers and Razz are correct.

The system will notify us if you just got here and are trying to post an off site link.

you know, i've noticed that. the bear in particular tends to get, well, bearish. never, ever, piss off the bear!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You are correct. I *will* kill you for off-topic posts.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Hey what if you accidentally hit that button on somebody who is a valuable member of the site. Can you guys fix that?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Sorry... my bad...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Hey what if you accidentally hit that button on somebody who is a valuable member of the site. Can you guys fix that?

i think it's all automatic now. and it seems to be working like a charm so far. i've gotten a few messages in my inbox that so-and-so posted thus-and-such but when i go to the thread. BAM. it's so not there.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We're ironing out the wrinkles for sure.

There are safe guards in place to ensure it cannot be used on an established member of the site Liz.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to let you guys know that our first "real" SPAM was reported by our automated system and stopped immediately. I believe we have it ironed out for sure.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i saw that one i think.. started with a "w"

Just wanted to let you guys know that our first "real" SPAM was reported by our automated system and stopped immediately. I believe we have it ironed out for sure.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

was it the one I reported? started with a K?

awesome!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so. It's an automatic thing now - the site is patrolling itself, looking for spammers.

It's pretty cool.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool! It's like Secret Service Gunslingers! "Watch it spammers or we'll blow you the f*ck away!"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And the spam detector is named Roland.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is exactly why I chose his name.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast