I write for all kinds of reasons.

I write to capture moments in time. Life moves so fast, and if I fail to at least write some of it down, I feel like the story of my life may be lost some day. So, I guess my non-fiction writing is for sentimental reasons.

I write to express emotion. This usually comes out as poetry. Sometimes the world can be so beautiful or ugly, sometimes my soul can feel so full or so empty, that I can only sum it up with jumbles of words that pour out too quickly to form anything other than a poem.

Lastly, I write because I feel like I have all these tiny stories/ideas that pop up out of nowhere and leave me with a feeling of needing to give breath to that idea. They usually grow quickly, start to breathe, really coming to life...then collect dust in the corner of my mind and laptop. This is my saddest form of writing. Because these people I've created will come to mind at times, and I feel such a sense of helplessness for not being able to do more with them. [Sounds psycho, but I know that fellow writers can understand that].