Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's the thing that's made me a little divided about The Plan: the reaction seems to be either that it's a great addition for the BSG universe that allows a new spin on events in the series and gives us a better idea of the Cylon perspective, or that it's completely unnecessary filler.

I think I will ultimately watch it, though. Here's the thing: that last line of the old intro of "And they have a plan..." was a hell of a great hook, but you never really had an idea of what that plan was. At least, you never got an idea of what exactly the Cylons had planned. I'd like to think it was something more sophisticated than:

A) Blow the shit out of humanity.

B) Chase the survivors around the universe

C) Conveniently have a few models with the survivors on the ships to cause some MAJOR shit when possible

It may not be entirely satisfying, but still, since I am done with the series, it'll be worth one watch at least before re-watching the series already.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

In my opinion it gave a look into the mind of the "minion" cylons aka the ones that were told what to do and what they did to carry out "The Plan"

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching 3.8
    Spoiler:
    Unfinished Business. I am completely in love with Starbuck (when she's being awesome and not mopey), Hot Dog, Gaeta, Baltar, Chief, Laura and Bill.

Laura is freaking fantastic as a strong female character who still acts "feminine" and doesn't posture. Perfect. Also I totally called her and Bill boning in the first episode. Their first power play said it all.

Holy crap they ripped off the Titanic, dance AND music. I feel like someone should be suing them for it.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfinished Business is an amazing episode.

Between the flashbacks and final scene...I would say one of the top ten best episodes of the series.

Fuck I miss that show.....the music, the writing, the story, the acting....it was all so good.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm getting a little frustrated with how the show feels the need to tackle every "real world" issue they can think of, episode by episode. I would really rather have plot than the writer's commentary on the state of things. I know mining work sucks, I don't need it to infiltrate my leisure time. So far we've had marital fidelity and commitment, racism, class divisions, religion, politics, law... just get to Earth and reveal the final five, already! I don't have a problem with these issues appearing on a small scale, but this is like half a season now.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't mind allegory in BSG, in fact sometimes it was its biggest appeal for me - it reminded me of old school scifi like Star Trek and of course The Twilight Zone. But there were definitely times when it felt like the writers were hammering the point home a little too much. The abortion storyline was the most offputting for me in season 2, it was just far, far too fucking obvious.

And yes, you're right, there are times when it's padded out too much. It's why I'm not a fan of watching American network shows, at least on a week by week basis, anyway - there are some great ones that want to focus on one story overall, but sometimes, with 20 eps a season and with shows that are meant to run for a few years, there can tend to be a little too much filler. Which isn't a bad thing, so long as the filler stands up on its own perfectly, but like I said, with a show that's supposed to have an ongoing story, it can still remain a frustrating experience.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

1st EDITION 1978
    Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Frazetta!!! I remember the magazine ads.
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is the ones!! You are amazing Needful.

AND YOU THINK YOU ARE A FAN?
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember when I lived in Vegas women killing themselves hearing Elvis died.

Tape recording? What year was the show cancelled?

Spoiler:

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The original aired in 1978 and was followed by the horrible sequel series Galactica 1980.
    I watched reruns of the original a lot as a kid since I was in diapers for original airing.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    I remember when I lived in Vegas women killing themselves hearing Elvis died.

Tape recording? What year was the show cancelled?
    LITTLE DID HE KNOW

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph McQuarrie was the concept artist for a lot of the visual elements in the original series.
    He also did a lot of NASA's Apollo animations for the news networks and then went on to do to the design, matte paintings, etc. for a few obscure films by some guys named Lucas and Spielberg.

That probably explains why Lucas sued the creators of BSG.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Original book cover art? Very Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

No 1 of 23 McQuarrie art inserts from the AUG 30 1977 SPECIAL RUN GALACTICA Saga of a Star World script. My understanding only 50 were run.
    SPECIAL RUN cover
    r

11/3/1977 run cover (no inserts)

1st EDITION BERKLEY BOOK SEPT 1978.

1st EDITION EDUCATION READERS SERVICE SEPT 1978

1st EDITION BERKLEY PERMA-BOUND SEPT 1978

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember owning/reading one of those.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is all from your collection? Is there anything you don't have?
    Is it safe to assume you have the BSG sequel books that Richard Hatch wrote?
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Starbuck just died. Maybe. I'm resisting looking up if she comes back. Uuuuugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    This is all from your collection? Is there anything you don't have?
    Is it safe to assume you have the BSG sequel books that Richard Hatch wrote?
    YES & NO.... STOP COLLECTING IN 1996

U.K. 1st EDITION 1978

FRENCH 1st EDITION 1979

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast