Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yes. So supposedly the humans on Caprica (50 years) before Battlestar Galactica create a Cylon. And the Cylon ('s brain) is basically a digital duplicate of the creator's dead daughter. Sooo unless Greystone (or the greystone family) was really a cylon bloodline that came with the 12 colonies instead of going with the 13th colony to "Earth", I do not understand where the link between the thousand year old cylons and the more current cylons comes into play. Because in Battlestar it is explained that even if Humans did create Cylons (1,000s of years ago), Cylons became a seperate species with it's own "dna" so to speak. So how does Greystone create this other species especially when he uses his dead daughters digital duplicate as the AI foundation for the cylon. Oh..I have a headache....

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Yes. So supposedly the humans on Caprica (50 years) before Battlestar Galactica create a Cylon. And the Cylon ('s brain) is basically a digital duplicate of the creator's dead daughter. Sooo unless Greystone (or the greystone family) was really a cylon bloodline that came with the 12 colonies instead of going with the 13th colony to "Earth", I do not understand where the link between the thousand year old cylons and the more current cylons comes into play. Because in Battlestar it is explained that even if Humans did create Cylons (1,000s of years ago), Cylons became a seperate species with it's own "dna" so to speak. So how does Greystone create this other species especially when he uses his dead daughters digital duplicate as the AI foundation for the cylon. Oh..I have a headache....
    They explain this. 13th colony destroyed itself and the final five resurrected. When they came upon the 12 colonies, they discovered they had made the same mistakes as cobal. They then created the 8 skin job models. All Greystone created was the centurions. The 1,000 year old cylons came into play AFTER the war 40 years prior to BSG.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

But it still dosn't make sense. Greystone makes the AI from his dead daughter, but in Battlestar it should not be possible because cylons are a seperate race.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So syfy cancelled Caprica but they still air crap like wwe 'rasslin'. What a stupid fucking channel.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Wife and I finished the series yesterday.

Even though "We're all Cylcons" was a tiny bit of a spoiler, it was not all all what I expected until
    Spoiler:
    they actually got to our Earth and I saw Africa. I knew immediately that Hera was going to be "Eve",
    which I probably wouldn't have understood as quickly without the bit of a spoiler.

Overall, I have to say that it is one of, if not absolutely, the best ending to a TV Series I have ever seen.

The combination of religion, science, and human nature were mixed in a truley impressive way.

If there was anything at all that I was not completely satisfied with, it would have to be Kara.
    Spoiler:
    I understand that she was the divining rod that they needed to find earth, but the fact that she was just an apparition since her trip to their Earth kind of bugged me.

Is that really how she existed or did I miss something?
    This is exactly my thoughts on the finale. Gris' final question was never answered though and I have the same one.
    Spoiler:
    Was Kara really just an apparition towards the end?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the mystery behind Kara. Explaining it would take away the entire essence of that I think. I like unexplained mysteries

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And what was the deal with the hybrids calling her
    Spoiler:
    "The Harbinger of Death". didn't she save them all.

plus i found this about the cancellation of the series.

The cancellation comes less than a week after Syfy announced the development of another Battlestar Galactica prequel. Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome will follow a young William Adama fresh out of the academy — and in the 10th year of the first Cylon war

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    And what was the deal with the hybrids calling her
    Spoiler:
    "The Harbinger of Death". didn't she save them all.
    I believe the hyrbrid was referring to
    Spoiler:
    they cyclons following cavil, as they all died
    or they were telling her she would lead them all to their end aka
    Spoiler:
    she led them to earth, where their cylon conflict ended

My Mood
    Amused

Wait what? is that why Caprica wasn't on last Tuesday?! canceled? as much as I'm confused I was still watching...damn it..

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah the last few episodes will air in 2011

My Mood
    Amused

yeah the last few episodes will air in 2011
    2011....what??? Uhhhhhhhh.....

My Mood
    Amused

I forgot I have the Darth Vader sig and av...I should have said "NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. ...*crush beer can with hand*"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol.....

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

am not all that thrilled with how this series ended....now I am more confused.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    They explain this. 13th colony destroyed itself and the final five resurrected. When they came upon the 12 colonies, they discovered they had made the same mistakes as cobal. They then created the 8 skin job models. All Greystone created was the centurions. The 1,000 year old cylons came into play AFTER the war 40 years prior to BSG.
    from what I saw Greystone actually created
    Spoiler:
    resurrection. he was able to create a skin job for daughter.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    from what I saw Greystone actually created
    Spoiler:
    resurrection. he was able to create a skin job for daughter.
    No.
    Spoiler:
    Final Five game the cylons ressurrection. You can't ressurrect a human into a machine; ressurrection in BSG doesn't work that way.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

And when the final five first discovered Caprica, the cylons only had the metal battle bodies. The organic technology was given to them by the Final Five, who had developed the same sort of technology that recreates a person after they die in a computer form well before them, but had advanced well beyond what the Caprica Cylons had when they were discovered. The war was already happening and the Final Five saw what happened to their world happening again(this has all happened before, it will all happen again) and they gave the cylons the organic technology in an effort to look for a path to peace between the two races, which, of course, went horribly wrong. Greystone never invented anything beyond his battle machines. I haven't watched the final episodes yet, but I think that it was likely the Zoe avatar who progressed the technology to be able to hold the replications. They didn't progress beyond that until the organic tech was given to them by the final five from the failed 13th colony. That is how I understand it anyway.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

In the last episode
    Spoiler:
    Greystone resurrected his daughter's AI into a skin job.
    That is what is confusing to me.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

In the last episode
    Spoiler:
    Greystone resurrected his daughter's AI into a skin job.
    That is what is confusing to me.
    I am guessing that that was probably just the result of not having time to tell the story properly because of cancellation and having the need to wrap up the story quickly. Cancellations tend to do horrible things to continuity. :\
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah and I wasn't too thrilled with
    Spoiler:
    them killing off Willie Adama and then having them "replace" him with another child.
    just didn't sit well with me.

My Mood
    Amused

ya they didn't do a very good job wraping up the end.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started watching Caprica a couple days ago. I'm about 6 episodes in so far. Really digging it!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got through watching the original. I really loved that show. Pound for pound, better that Star Trek and Star Wars put together. BUT...

There's one thing that bothers me...

Spoiler:
    I don't understand why, after they find "earth" The Adamas decide to never see each other again. It struck me as weird...almost like the writers were trying to add more tragedy and loss where no more was needed. I don't think I could just write my father off like that.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I think it is because Bill made the choice of who his new life partner would be and wouldn't leave her even after she passed. That and he was tired, aging, and did not want to be on the move to find what they needed to survive and build a new civilization. Just like a good chunk of old folks today... Move to Florida or Arizona to enjoy your remaining years in tranquility, even if it means leaving the family you love very far away.

That said, Wife and I just started Caprica. 1st episode was a wee bit slow getting the plot outlined, but it very quickly picked up in E02. Can't wait to get through it, and can't wait for Blood & Chrome.

It's sad, but TDT was blocked by my government overlords while I was working for the US Army instead of my old/current job. The 7 months of that mistake just happened to encapsulate the BTVSAT competition. Sad to see that my 1 vote could have moved BSG to a clear 2nd place, if not the winner.

IMO, this is the best TV show of all time, if not for the episodes themselves, then for the Finale, which is the best ever in TV history. A bit back I had a post about how I was spoiled because I knew a tiny part of the ending, but nothing prepared me for how powerful it actually was and what it meant.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the first part of Caprica. I've seen some negativity in the forums I frequent, but I really liked the series overall. It's a bit slow moving but then again so was BSG. I remember getting a bit bored with the series, but then I caught up with some missing episodes on the web, it flowed better. I think this series actually works a bit better if you watch it at least on a daily basis.

I've yet to see the second part of Caprica. I'm not even sure if it's been shown in the UK yet. (Actually I'd forgotten it even existed. I think I assumed that with the second part never got made.) It's a shame they cancelled it. It was a good series, different from BSG but intriguing in it's own right. That's a good thing, as it's not good to be too repetitive.

I looked at the spoiler where
    Spoiler:
    it was mentioned that the daughter was downloaded into a flesh body at the end. I'm really not sure about that, although I've yet to see it obviously. I wonder how it fits with the storyline we know! I suppose we don't know that there wasn't a previous biological cylon (not including the older race from which the Final Five came I mean. I'm just talking about this cycle.) It does make me wonder, where she is in the BSG time period, and how come a human came up with something that took the cyclons decades later? We know from Razor that Adana encountered their first attempts with biological cylons as a youth, and they were rather behind, albeit they created a kind of psychic hybrid of sorts. On the other hand I'm not sure how bright the original centurions were. I assume they were brighter than the later centurions since those ones are essentially subservient to the humanoids.

I look forward to catching up though. Maybe the series makes it a bit clearer.

I'm looking forward to Blood and Chrome too. The backflash sequences in Razor were very enjoyable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast