Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Joker

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From IGN's review:

There are so many reasons why Detective Comics #833 is one of the best Batman comics to hit shelves in years, maybe even decades.
    Go get it.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Spoil me, I'm broke.

Gunslinger Apprentice The_Nameless is on a distinguished road The_Nameless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Spoil me, I'm broke.

As am I. I would greately appreciaite it if you filled me in.
    "Help me out here
    All my words are falling short
    And there's so much I want to say"

Gunslinger Apprentice The_Nameless is on a distinguished road The_Nameless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post
    I need that TPB....Blake are you paying attention?

As for Heath as the Joker....*sigh*
    Im not happy about it, but Im anxious to see what he does with it.
    All I ask is that they do NOT put Harley in the movie. She's still my favorite and the character will get ruined if they do.

If any of you havent read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth you need to hit the comic shop right now and read it.
    Well, I'm not sure if she'll become the Joker's apprentice/sidekick, but the charcter of Dr. Harley Quinn will be in the movie, from what I hear.

It is still rumour (as far as I know). The rumours are suggesting it may be Sarah Michelle Gellar playing Harley. It may have been confirmed now; I haven't been following the movies news.

By the way, Arkham Asylum is one of my favourite graphic novels. Killing Joke is one of Joker's best stories, even if it got rid of one of my favourite characters.
    "Help me out here

Country
    Country Flag

I'll see if I can find a review with no spoilers, but big hints. That'll be fun.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's that whole IGN review:

There are so many reasons why Detective Comics #833 is one of the best Batman comics to hit shelves in years, maybe even decades. It's not just the brilliant twist ending, which is so damn crazy, out-of-leftfield and well executed that it genuinely caught me off guard - something few comics are able to do to any jaded, internet-connected comic fan these days. It's not just the pitch-perfect characterization of all players involved, from Batman to Zatanna to Gordon. It's not even the fact that in just two or three pages, this issue deals with the emotional fallout from the whole silly Batman mind-wipe fiasco better than any other issue or series to previously attempt to do so.

No, even though all these factors do indeed play a large role in making this issue so incredible, the main reason Detective Comics is so bloody enjoyable (pun intended) is because finally, after spending the larger part of his run on this series telling very good, immensely readable, but not quite great one-shots, writer Paul Dini has finally smashed one out of the park and delivered a Batman story (or at least, part one of a Batman story) that is as good, if not better than the best episodes of Dini's Batman: The Animated Series.

This issue channels the same dramatic, anything-can-happen energy of the Steve Englehart/Marshal Rogers Batman run of the 1970's, which isn't too surprising considering some of the finest Dini-penned Batman: The Animated Series episodes are direct adaptations of Englehart/Rogers stories. And while his style doesn't quite match the late, great Marshal Rogers', artist Don Kramer also hits one out of the park with his work in this issue, particularly with how effectively he's able to hint at the ending's heart-stopping reveal throughout the body of the story without quite giving it away. I realize I've spouted a whole lot of hyperbole in this review, but man, this is a great comic book. Screw the inevitable fill-in issues, screw Countdown even - I want more Batman comics like this out of Paul Dini in the immediate future.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

SMG as Harley Quinn makes me want to slap babies.

For reals.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For real? Sarah Michelle Gellar as Harley Quinn? I'm with Erin, please no.

Just out of curiosity, who do you guys think would be a good Harley Quinn if they go that route in the film?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

I am with y'all there. Then again, I wasn't very pleased with their Joker choice, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin
    Just out of curiosity, who do you guys think would be a good Harley Quinn if they go that route in the film?
    Hmmm.
    I don't think I have an answer to that question.
    Maybe some unknown name in Hollywood.
    "Help me out here

Country
    Country Flag

Cameron Diaz or Jenny McCarthy

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Drew Barrymore could make a great Harley
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

SMG as Harley Quinn makes me want to slap babies.

For reals.

Sometimes babies just need a good slapping anyway.

As for who should play Harley Quinn, only the girl from Gotham Public Works is ever allowed to be Harley Quinn in my book. http://www.gothampublicworks.com/harleyquinn.html

Paul Dini agrees as well. There's a note/autograph from him in her pictures.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

The only actress who could pull it off is Sheri Moon of House of a Thousand Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

No Barrymore, no Diaz, no McCarthy and no Gellar.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

pfft Barrymore all the way man.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

When I think of a woman playing HarleyQuinn, I can't help but picture Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nameless View Post
    I need that TPB....Blake are you paying attention?

As for Heath as the Joker....*sigh*
    Im not happy about it, but Im anxious to see what he does with it.
    All I ask is that they do NOT put Harley in the movie. She's still my favorite and the character will get ruined if they do.

If any of you havent read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth you need to hit the comic shop right now and read it.
    Well, I'm not sure if she'll become the Joker's apprentice/sidekick, but the charcter of Dr. Harley Quinn will be in the movie, from what I hear.

It is still rumour (as far as I know). The rumours are suggesting it may be Sarah Michelle Gellar playing Harley. It may have been confirmed now; I haven't been following the movies news.

By the way, Arkham Asylum is one of my favourite graphic novels. Killing Joke is one of Joker's best stories, even if it got rid of one of my favourite characters.
    I have the first printing of The Killing Joke. Sealed and put away in a nice safe place.

OH SNAP! I think Jamie Pressly (from My Name is Earl) who make the best Harley!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post

I have the first printing of The Killing Joke. Sealed and put away in a nice safe place.

I do as well, I bought a later printing (orange letters) to read.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The funny thing, I have to try and remember where that safe place is...

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Check it out....there are 18 new pictures released from the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight.

Batman photos

I'm actually really liking how Heath Ledger looks as the Joker.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look really good, erin. thanks for posting. any word if HG will be in the movie? wasn't that just a rumor anyways?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'll reserve full judement until I see the movie, but as of right now, Heath Ledger as the Joker can still suck it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was waiting for you to come in here and rain on the parade.

That's what I do. It's what I'm good at.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I never understand why they have to act like is face is fucked up. The joker simply had white skin, green hair and was as crazy as a shit house mouse, not thing more.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Check it out....there are 18 new pictures released from the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight.

Batman photos

I'm actually really liking how Heath Ledger looks as the Joker.
    The pictures are gone from the linked site. Damn.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast