34 54.84%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

35 56.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Harry Potter Book Discussion

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

other than prisoner, half-blood prince is my favourite. erin, listen to me. not your friend.

*i* know what i'm talking about.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Pffft. Erin knows I am wise in the ways of good books.

However, I will admit that my opinion of HBP may very well be tainted by the fact that the big suprise of the book was ruined for me before I read it. I still don't think it would stand up to OotP, though. OotP has a big focus on Sirius, and if I were female, and Sirius were real, I'd probably have his babies.

Also, as I recall, sara didn't like Hostel. We both loved Hostel. Stick with me.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post

other than prisoner, half-blood prince is my favourite. .
    i know what you're talking about, too.

we are one and the same, sarajean...one and the same.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Pffft. Erin knows I am wise in the ways of good books.
    who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    i know what you're talking about, too.

we are one and the same, sarajean...one and the same.
    like, for reals, and junk...and stuff.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked PoA and HBP the most too - I thought they were darker than the other books. What didn't you like about HBP Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I liked PoA and HBP the most too - I thought they were darker than the other books. What didn't you like about HBP Chris?
    yeah, chris...what was it? huh?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Harry Potter ***SPOILERS FOR BOOK SEVEN***

Hello all. as I'm as nervous as can be about spoilers for this book i thought I'd start its own thread.

This thread will be merged with the official harry potter thread on the 21 or so of July.

Happy chatting of spoilers. I won't be back in this thread until I merge it.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

unlike the last book, i don't have any spoilers for this one.

i wish i did.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Meh. It just didn't engage me as much. It wasn't a bad book by any means. It was just not as good as OotP. I'm considering re-reading it since the new one will be out soon.

I think she should write a book that is completely about Fred and George.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't count on any spoilers before the release. They're keeping this one tighter than a frog's ass.

Or, y'know, something that's particularly tight. I'm sort of tired, and my ability to craft an analogy is at a low ebb.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

ah damn i thought i was gonna find lots of awesome spoilers floating around in here.

i don't know a damn thing about what will happen in book seven july is so far away.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

The whole book is Harry eating bagels. Swear to God.

Is it the 7/21 yet?!!! Aaargh!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hah - totally! "The Weird Wandering's of Weasley's Wizardly Wheezes"

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

"See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

as great as that would be...she's said more than once that this is it for her and the hp world. i don't really have a problem with that.

Spoiler:
    that's why harry needs to die, though.

Meh. She'll get hooked on the horse and write some more for money down the road.

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She's as rich as the friggin' Queen... I really doubt she'll go back to the well out of desperation.

If she gets hooked on the horse she will. All that money will disappear quickly.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

:!:

Good news for Harry Potter fans awaiting release of the boy wizard's next movie. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," the fifth movie based on the best-selling books, will open in U.S. theaters July 11, two days earlier than expected.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Good news for Harry Potter fans awaiting release of the boy wizard's next movie. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," the fifth movie based on the best-selling books, will open in U.S. theaters July 11, two days earlier than expected.
    while that is great, and all...i will probably wait to see the movie in the theatre until i've read deathly hallows at least twice.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished up Goblet of Fire yesterday and i'm about 40 or so pages into Order of the Phoenix so far. I really liked how GoF ended with the showdown with Voldemort. I love that he thought it was going to be a piece of cake and Harry gave him more than he bargined for.

So far in OotP, I'm really digging Tonks.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

everyone loves tonks.

tell me, erin...do you see her as feminine in your head, or kind of butch-y?

I saw her as feminine, but sort fo tom boy-ish myself. Kind of like most of the punk girls I know, though that could be because of the changing hair color alone. haha.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I'm picturing her as more feminine as well. Sort of like a small little fiesty girl. With one of those really cute pixie haircuts. How do you see her Sara?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

She pretty much looks exactly like this in my head. I found this image on a hp site. I'm not sure who did it.

Edit: The image is by Jenny Dolfen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast