34 54.84%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

35 56.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1131

Thread: The Official Harry Potter Book Discussion

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 14 - What do you think of the movies so far? Favorite? Least liked?

my favorite movie would have to be POA. just for the beginning scenes with the knight bus and the dialog contained in it from when he is picked up to when he is dropped off...Least liked would have to be HBP. you don't get to see who the name Prince is referenced to.

Day 15 - If you could have more backstory to any character, who would it be?
    Professor McGonagall

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 16 - Who is your favorite Hogwarts teacher and why?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Day 15 - If you could have more back story to any character, who would it be?
    mmmm...Tonks

Lupin!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Lupin!!!!
    Yes.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always like Professor Flitwick. No matter what happens to him, he keeps his cool, then hands out the detentions and extra work.

John

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Snape. I mean, come on, you don't f*ck with Alan Rickman

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Professor McGonagall. to me she has a dignity about her that i admire. plus she can be funny sometimes. that is why I would like to get her back story...she is an enigma...we don't really know that much about her. I think she is the only Hogwarts teacher that we don't actually know much about. we know she is an animagus and a transfiguration teacher but what else do we actually know about her.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 15 - If you could have more backstory to any character, who would it be?

Sirius. I always wanted to know just how sad his upbringing was. I'm sucker for a sob story...

Snape. For reasons similar to those above. He's just so misunderstood throughout the entire series...right until the end, anyways. Which is just very sad. Plus, add in his story with Lily, and all that happened to him up to this point. I just wanna give him a hug

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post

Professor McGonagall. to me she has a dignity about her that i admire. plus she can be funny sometimes. that is why I would like to get her back story...she is an enigma...we don't really know that much about her. I think she is the only Hogwarts teacher that we don't actually know much about. we know she is an animagus and a transfiguration teacher but what else do we actually know about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post

Snape. For reasons similar to those above. He's just so misunderstood throughout the entire series...right until the end, anyways. Which is just very sad. Plus, add in his story with Lily, and all that happened to him up to this point. I just wanna give him a hug
    oh yes, these too...

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 17 - Are you excited about The Deathly Hallows movie or scared it won’t do the book justice?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    I've always really liked Professor Sprout. She seems so solid and capable, plus she always stands up for causes she believes in - ie keeping Hogwarts open. Generally I'm in awe of anyone who has a knack with plants.

Day 17 - Are you excited about The Deathly Hallows movie or scared it won’t do the book justice?
    I don't really like the films, they've spoiled my mental images of alot of the characters and places, but somehow I cannot restrain myself from going to see them. I will complain all the way through DH, but on some level I'll also secretly enjoy it. Shhh, don't tell Feev

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited! I know it probably won't due it justice in its entirety, but there's always the small chance it might. Lord of the Rings pulled through the movies with flying colors in my opinion, so I always get hyped up for movies, regardless of other apprehensions.

And, if they suck, I still have an awesome book to go back to, with my own image of it untainted.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the two movies of DH will not do the books justice, but, as everyone else has said, I'm sure I'll see them.

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

you could say that I look forward to them but not that excited about it...but as tradition will go see it on or around opening week.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Excited!!! I am "happy as a tornado in a trailer park" about being able to see them! The actors who have portrayed there characters are THEM for me! I have laughed with them and cried with them and I will be able to see it through to the end with them!!
    Some of the movies have TOTALLY bitten the big one, but the characters have remained the same! I love them all!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 18 - Least favourite book and why?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 18 - Least favorite book and why?

don't have one. liked all the books

Country
    Country Flag

I like all of them, too, but if I had to pick the least favorite, it would be the first.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also liked them all. I think the weakest of the seven was Half-Blood Prince, but just by a hair.

John

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't disliked any of them either, but Goblet of Fire is probably the one I reread the least. I'm not madly into Quidditch - maybe that's why it wasn't so appealing to me?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like Chamber of Secrets, mostly because Lockheart pissed me off in every single scene.
    Other than that, it was a pretty good book.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

YES! Gilderoy was a major pain in the arse! I was dying for someone to punch him

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Alkanto and Elvira

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Snape.
    He was so good at being "bad" that I found myself actually rooting for him through the entire series. I always held out for some act of redemption from him so that I could feel okay for liking him.

Both! If the movie is bad, I can still depend on the book.

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 19 - Out of all the characters that died, which one would you have saved if you could?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast