• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

34 54.84%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

35 56.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Harry Potter Book Discussion

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i hate to be a bumber on the subject matter but...
    Spoiler:
    "The green eyes found the black, but after a second, something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, blank and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more." Last page of chapter Thirty Two.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Spoiler:
    "The green eyes found the black, but after a second, something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, blank and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more in front of Harry or the narrator. Later, he move to a quiet community in Boca Raton where he lived next door to a lady who looked amazing like Lily Potter. She taught him to wash his hair, and he taught her how to brew poison. Eventually, they moved in together, bought a dog, and took over a small candy shop in town. And there they stayed until the end of their days." Last page of chapter Thirty Two.
    You guys might want to read the spoiler box as quoted here. I added the part JK omitted.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i'm going to go ahead and merge this with the pre-existing deathly hallows discussion.

for my part, i wasn't happy with how snape's ending was handled, but that's just me.

i'm pretty sure i discussed it elsewhere.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    i
    for my part, i wasn't happy with how snape's ending was handled, but that's just me.

i'm pretty sure i discussed it elsewhere.

I am not happy with that, either, and I am sure we did discuss it on that first summer here, when the book just appeared

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Spoiler:
    "The green eyes found the black, but after a second, something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, blank and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more in front of Harry or the narrator. Later, he move to a quiet community in Boca Raton where he lived next door to a lady who looked amazing like Lily Potter. She taught him to wash his hair, and he taught her how to brew poison. Eventually, they moved in together, bought a dog, and took over a small candy shop in town. And there they stayed until the end of their days." Last page of chapter Thirty Two.
    You guys might want to read the spoiler box as quoted here. I added the part JK omitted.
    girl you crazy
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Spoiler:
    Sweet!

I was pretty happy with the Snape-handling (like snake-handling, get it? I'm so witty.)
    Spoiler:
    Okay, the "Snape loves Lily" part was so overdone in fanfiction that I think it lost credibility and seemed pretty cheesy, but that's not really JK's fault. Taking it back to early childhood was pretty creative. And I never thought he was evil, just pissy. He needed to die though, poor guy. He didn't have a lot to live for.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, I wasn't sure where to put this - but wanted to share it with Harry Potter fans.

I was cruising around the FRENCH Amazon site ( for DT comics ) and saw this for pre-order :

It's the BluRay DVDs of HP movies 1-6 in a collectible Harry Potter castle !!!

It lists for about 185 Euros ( which is about 263 USD ). Plus shipping, of course.

[ame=http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B002AKKFSU/ref=amb_link_macro_81455965?pf_rd_p=470329353&pf_r d_s=right-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=518564&pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB9 6&pf_rd_r=17AAV99QNDPMQ7BWS6M9]Linkage for HP France Amazon[/ame]
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

that is freaking smurf!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really neat. Just remember, though, those are Region 2 DVDs, while the US (and many DVD players) are Region 1. My player will not play Region 2 items (darn it!)

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, for sure they won't play on your player...

... however ( and I've done this ) if you have a DVD player on your laptop, you can set it up to play Region 2. I'm not sure what program I have loaded, but I have the option to set it three times ( ie - pick a region ). I use my laptop to watch DVDs I buy from BBC, and my BluRay player to watch US coded discs.

Also - the above cool castle, it's also available for regular DVDs ( rather than BluRay ) but they will, of course, still be UK region.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's just the right place for the HP movies too...in the dungeon!!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hey is this now a combined Harry Potter thread or are we still just talking book 7?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

there's a general Harry Potter thread here

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Thanks Jean! I just hadn't seen it come up lately.

My Mood
    Amused

Who liked Half Blood Prince (the movie)? I myself thought it was alright, but man if I hadn't read the books I'm really not sure if I would have caught on to some of it. And, I know others feel the same, but damn it's frustrating watching a movie then reading the book! Oh ya, I'm re-reading half-blood prince after the movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i had many issues with the movie. i mean they didn't even tell the whole story!!! they used it as in introduction to the last two movies and barely referenced the half blood prince. it was good but i was still very disappointed. HBP is supposed to give a good history of relationships between certain characters and the movie failed horribly. i was transfixed throughout the movie while watching but ws mad afterwards.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

For better or for worse, I decided to watch Half Blood Prince in theaters before reading the book , and I can just tell that there were f-loads of stuff that weren't in the movie.

I'll be reading the book soon so that I can compare the two a little more.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also was very disappointed in the HBP movie. Too much was left out and it really affected the storyline. Much of what SHOULD be in the last two movies was based on what happened in HBP, so I don't have great hopes for those either.

John

guys, we have a whole thread for the movie here. can we keep the discussion there so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet?

thanks!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I didn't know!

John

totally okay, john.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast