Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

So the wife and I started watching from the beginning and we're hook. Thank god I have the newest season waiting to watch on our DVR.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

From the beginning, I'm guessing you mean the 2005 series, right? Glad to have a pair of new fans on board, anyway! Who knows, by the time you've got up, the 2nd half of the current season will start!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

"Melody Malone," the faux-detective novel from the Doctor Who midseason finale, is now an ebook: http://bit.ly/QEEyeD

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah yes, I heard about that. Looking forward to reading that after finishing Shada and Stephen Baxter's The Wheel of Ice.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I'm drastically more excited for the next half of the series. but I'm not certainly not less excited. For me, especially considering that they were my first companions, I was very eager to see the send-off of the Ponds. And I was really happy with the way they left, even if it was really sad...
    But by no means does that imply that I'm not excited for the new companion, but I'm glad I was able to get closer. I loved the Ponds so much, I had to say goodbye before I could get ready for the new girl. That's the process that is starting now. I'm almost over what happened in TATM, so I have a few months to prep for awesomeness

And yes...I like the new costume. Very reminiscent of the 8th Doctor. Though, has anyone else noticed anything about some of the pics they have been releasing....
    Spoiler:
    that the Doctor is wearing Amy's reading glasses? I find that very sad....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yes, having closure on Amy and Rory was important, no question there, and I think in Angels, it was handled just right. Just the overall feel of the first few eps that was a little 'off' for me, but only a little. I was glad that their story was given a proper ending, at least, unlike 'my' Doctor, number Eight.

Speaking of which: only a month away until Dark Eyes is released. I've been looking forward to this, even more so than the new series. Nearly 18 months ago, the 8th Doctor audio series, which had its best ever season at that point, climaxed in To The Death, which is one of my favourite Doctor Who stories ever and left the Doctor in a considerably darker place. Next month, we're finally gonna learn what happened next, and I think it's safe to say that whatever happens, it'll be epic.

Here's the poster for it:
    Spoiler:

Genuinely cannot wait for this.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

IN regards to those new 8 stories, James....if I am not caught up on all my other audios, will you still send me those ones? I do so love 8 audios

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well I'm gonna need someone to discuss it with, so yes, very probably!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WooHoo

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I want the other half of the season to begin soon. If the new companion hasn't been introduced in such an interesting story, Ponds' ending would be more unbearable for me.

I really would like to see more big arc stories, I was really flattered at this scene:
    Season 6

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Gotta agree, I am eager for more arc-y stuff. In fact, season 6 was one of my favourite seasons ever due to how big the arc stuff got. It's interesting that it was broadcast in the same year that season 4 of the 8th doctor adventures ended, as both seasons seemed to deal with similar themes: taking a good hard look at the Doctor and completely changing his image by the end - for 8, it was the hero who never forgot the value of even a single life, for 11, it was the lonely god that made his enemies fear him. Very fitting that two of my favourite seasons ever in any format happened roughly around the same time really, and I loved both for very similar reasons.

As for
    Spoiler:
    The Question, I think more of that will be hinted and revealed about in 2013, so saving it for the 2nd half of series 7 makes perfect sense. The answer? Would they actually answer the biggest question of all. Hmmm. Whatever happens, one thing's for sure: something big is planned for the 23rd November 2013...

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Here's food for thought...what if, and that is a strong if, they did change the sex of The Doctor. How would that change how The Doctor is. It would make for interesting TV and be totally different.
    Personally, that might - I say might - be a step too far. It could be interesting, but it might be a little bit harder to accept that it is the same man that we've always known. Still, you never know, they might do it one day - they've hinted at it a few times that a Time Lord can change gender after regenerating.

So how much has your son watched of the show so far, anyway? Sounds like he's been enjoying it, at least.
    he is on the 9th doctor right now but has watched a few of 10's episodes so he knows who David Tennant is. We were watching Goblet of Fire a few months ago and without missing a beat when Barty jr changed back he said "Watch out Harry! It is a time lord!"

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Haha, nice! I remember when Goblet of Fire came out. That was a weird time because Tennant was technically the Doctor then, but he had yet to do a full episode, so I was unsure what he'd be like in the role. I just saw it and went, "Oh look, it's the new Doctor! Awesome!" Like I said, it's just weird now to think that, yes, there was a time before Tennant was not only memorable in the role but also was one of the most popular Doctors ever!

- Melike

Gotta agree, I am eager for more arc-y stuff. In fact, season 6 was one of my favourite seasons ever due to how big the arc stuff got. It's interesting that it was broadcast in the same year that season 4 of the 8th doctor adventures ended, as both seasons seemed to deal with similar themes: taking a good hard look at the Doctor and completely changing his image by the end - for 8, it was the hero who never forgot the value of even a single life, for 11, it was the lonely god that made his enemies fear him. Very fitting that two of my favourite seasons ever in any format happened roughly around the same time really, and I loved both for very similar reasons.

As for
    Spoiler:
    The Question, I think more of that will be hinted and revealed about in 2013, so saving it for the 2nd half of series 7 makes perfect sense. The answer? Would they actually answer the biggest question of all. Hmmm. Whatever happens, one thing's for sure: something big is planned for the 23rd November 2013...
    Spoiler:
    I hope so. Well, I do not think they will give an answer, but I am sure it will be better then an answer, because here the interensting and charming thing is the question itself.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Absolutely, in fact that's one thing I've been really glad about since Moffat took over: that he brought the mystery of the show and its main character back,
    Spoiler:
    ever since the Eleventh Hour and the Doctor tells Amy that he just wants to travel with her for her company, and you just knew he was lying, you just didn't know why.
    Absolutely loved that moment. It's one of the reasons why I have a soft spot for the 7th Doctor: there are so many hints that there was a lot more to him than we've always been lead to believe. It also had, up until that point, some of the biggest development for a companion both character and plot-wise with Ace, and even arcs that stretched across multiple seasons. After Tom Baker's first 3 years in the role, that's probably my favourite era of the classic series, so I like that there seems to be an influence there on Moffat's era.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

From the beginning, I'm guessing you mean the 2005 series, right? Glad to have a pair of new fans on board, anyway! Who knows, by the time you've got up, the 2nd half of the current season will start!
    LOL yes the 2005 series. Theey don't have full seasons of the classics on Netflix or Amazon instant video. There are either several shows missing from a season or whole seasons missing.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, that's due to two reasons: one is that, since the show was in serial format, the guys basically release one serial at a time, sometimes requiring a lot of restorative work from a very small team, plus extras to match the story. The other, and far more unfortunate reason is that some of the early eps don't even exist anymore, due to the BBC's habit of getting rid of them for space. It's why it's even taken me this long to have most of the classic seasons complete on dvd, because it's taken them so long. Hell, they still haven't even finished, yet!

But enough of that: where are you up to now, anyway? And have there been any eps that immediately leap out as personal favourites?

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

We're only a few episodes into the 2005 series, or season 1 whatever you want to call it. My favorite line is when the doctor tells rose, this is the year 5.5/apple/26. Really pisses me off that I have to spend $8 a month for Netflix because amazons instant video sucks ass on the ps3. It keeps buffering for me so I had to switch to Netflix.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, yet to reach the good stuff, then! Very good that you're hooked already, because the series gets better as it goes on. I wouldn't be too upset at the $8 a month for Netflix: considering how expensive the dvd box sets are (seriously, around $50 each from Amazon per season), it's definitely cheaper to watch from Netflix long term!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Re: Netflix - totally worth it, if you're anything like me. I watched all 4 seasons (that were available at the time) in like 5 weeks. So it was more than worth it.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

grrrr. can't find the darn series anywhere(don't have netflix anymore due to lack of funds.) anyone know where I can find them online. want to start watching again to finally see the ones that I have missed.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.cokeandpopcorn.com/

I use this site not just for Doctor Who, but to catch up a lot of stuff. I find it really helpful. Sorted by show, and once you are on a show's page the links are near the bottom. it's not the greatest quality, but it's free, so I'm inclined not to care

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Doctor Who is a history itself. Too much to learn. It effects your current experience. The Brigadier's daughter was someone from Doctor's past to me. Nothing more. Zygon story was also new. So who do you think they were? It was like the Doctor was convinced...
    The Doctor mentioned Zygons, yes, but when he was on an altogether completely different adventure with Amy and Rory in the past, when they went off for 7 weeks/1 day. Zygons are shapeshifters who look more like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygon

The aliens of this ep were completely new called the Shakri.

As for the Brigadier's daughter, this is the first time he's ever met her. Do you know about the Brigadier, btw?

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Doctor Who is a history itself. Too much to learn. It effects your current experience. The Brigadier's daughter was someone from Doctor's past to me. Nothing more. Zygon story was also new. So who do you think they were? It was like the Doctor was convinced...
    The Doctor mentioned Zygons, yes, but when he was on an altogether completely different adventure with Amy and Rory in the past, when they went off for 7 weeks/1 day. Zygons are shapeshifters who look more like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygon

The aliens of this ep were completely new called the Shakri.

As for the Brigadier's daughter, this is the first time he's ever met her. Do you know about the Brigadier, btw?
    No, I do not know anything about the Brigadier. I know it was the first time he saw her, but he knew her; actually he recognized her. I meant that.
    Oh, sorry, I was confused with the names. All in these posts I was referring to Shakri while saying Zygon. And I just remembered how Doctor was surprised about their existence out of stories.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nono, not the Brigadier's daughter. Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, her father, a major, major character from the classic series, ever since he met the 2nd Doctor. On tv, he encountered nearly all the classic doctors except for 6 and 8. One of the Doctor's closest friends.

Remember this moment in The Wedding of River Song?

Spoiler:

This was done out of tribute to the original actor Nicholas Courtney dying the same year. One of my favourite moments from Matt Smith, as you really believe he had lost an old friend.

Anyway, Kate Stewart is in fact his daughter. That's why the Doctor was so glad to meet her.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast