Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

poop

just googled "Turdis" and someone beat me to it

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry mate. Been done with a time travelling toilet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy_-8qfwOOc&feature=related"]YouTube- Bottom Live: Weapons Grade Y Fronts Tour Part 4[/ame]

Skip to 9:00. Saw this live. This specific performance live, so I can still go "YAYYYYYYYYY!" at all the southend references: glad to see my hometown getting recognition for the piece of shit it is!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i loved Bottom, those live stage shows are fantastic. I would love to have gone to one o them

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, saw it live at the Cliffs Pavillion when I was 15 with my dad. The live shows were great not just for the extra disgusting content that they couldn't have gotten away with on telly - such as saying "c**t" a fuckload of times, to say the least - but for all the moments they* kept screwing up.

*When I say "they", I of course mean "Rick Mayall."

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

oh god i know, i watched most of them on video - waiting for his screw ups

and, god that man can sweat!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know! He's almost (but not quite) as bad as Lee Evans when it comes to sweating!

I think my favourite adlib was in the 2nd show when Rik kept going on one of his massive rants again, and Adrian asked, "You finished now? It's just that I'm beginning to see why Stephen Fry fucked off!"

Even Rik couldn't resist bowing to that!

- Melike

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Found this:

A wii remote, being released soon I think (soon being anytime between now and next year )

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, we were discussing that earlier, Dt. Most likely it'll be released around October/November-ish to coincide with the release of the Wii game.

- Melike

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha, I knew I shouldn't have been so lazy and read the previous pages

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Mag-Lev TARDIS. Spins freely -- just like the real thing!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And another awesome bit of merchandise I need to look out for! (But i think the sonic screwdrive wii remote is the one i want the most!)

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Mag-Lev TARDIS. Spins freely -- just like the real thing!

I don't even watch Dr. Who and I want that!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was wondering what you were doing in here Ricky. I thought you might of started watching some more eps!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, not yet. One day though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

No, not yet. One day soon though.
    Just thought I'd correct that!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just stumbled on this page, and it made me laugh so fucking much!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/DoctorWho

It's all of Doctor Who's CMoA: Crowning Moments of Awesomeness. I love it so much because it's so fucking long, and by sheer length alone shows just why i love this show so much!

I think it's time to change my Lost combo, now!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just stumbled across this, and all I can say is...what the fu...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIDJB...ayer_embedded#!

Apparently, whatever "this" is, it's going to be announced on Saturday. I can't wait to find out what the guys have got planned!

- Melike

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Conventional wisdom is that it may be some lost classic episodes coming to DVD

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's definitely the popular theory Bev, but I don't want to get my hopes up, as "New Dimension" almost makes it sound like they're planning a 3D release of a classic story, and I really hope that's not what's going to happen! If it is a lost story, animated hopefully, then yes, I'll look forward to it, but until it's been officially announced, I'm going to do my best to keep my expectations low.

And am currently failing. A lot.

If it is a lost story, then the large number of possible stories was massively reduced to just 3 when that font appeared! Brilliant, as they're all classics, imo!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So, on that whole teaser thing: no lost episodes, I'm afraid, but at least it wasn't a fuss over a re-release of Resurrection:

Day of the Daleks on DVD in 2011

2|entertain have announced that the 1972 Third Doctor story, Day of the Daleks, will be released on DVD in 2011.

The announcement was made at Time and Space, the DWAS convention in London, where commissioning editor Dan Hall confirmed the story would be released with new SFX and Dalek voices.

The story was the first story of Season Nine and was first broadcast between January 1 and January 22, 1972. Alongside Jon Pertwee as The Doctor, Katy Manning starts as Jo Grant with Nicholas Courtney playing Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, Richard Franklin as Captain Mike Yates and John Levene as Sergeant Benton. Guest stars include Aubrey Woods as The Controller, Anna Barry as Anat, Scott Fredericks as Boaz and Jean McFarlane as Miss Paget.

The story was one of four written for the series by Louis Marks, who died last month. It was directed by Paul Bernard and designed by David Myerscough-Jones.

The story was first released on VHS and Betamax in an omnibus format in 1986 and re-released in episodic format in 1994.
    Source.

Now for those of you who don't know, this update is definitely a good thing. I've seen the Day of the Daleks, and whilst it was a great story, with time travel and a future invaded Earth, it was let down by only one thing: the Daleks themselves. Their first appearance in 5 years, and they got crap voices with a crap invasion (there were only 3 props made, after all). I know it's a 70s story, and Dr Who has always looked cheap, but even with this story the lameness of the Daleks ruined it. If any story deserves a little touching up, this would be it. I'm not sure they should've made as much of a big deal out of it as they did, especially since they got everyone's hopes up (including mine) that they were animating some more lost episodes, but still, good to hear this one's getting released, at least.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I was checking all the websites this morning and freaking out that nothing had come out yet...this makes me happy

Thanks for posting!

And on a completely separate note: I think I may be able to get the DVD box set after all
    I did some searching, and Amazon has the set for $50. It's still a tad pricey, compared to what I normally buy, but with all the features considered, that is extremely reasonable! Now I'm even more excited...maybe more than you, DD?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Blasphemy!

Although with you being the massive Matt Smith fan that you are and me being the obsessive Who fan since I was 8 years old, I'd say we've got just about the same amount of anticipation each!

And God bless Amazon!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah..you probably have more reason to be excited than me. but that doesn't stop me from trying

I'm assuming your anticipation is akin to mine with the release of the Supernatural DVDs? If so...I know your pain! I put the release dates in my phone, I made countdowns, I do all the pre-oders....it gets intense

This DVD is almost there, but not quite. Mostly because I haven't been a fan as long as I have for Supernatural. Would that be the case, the excitement might even be bigger!

And, I just read Matt Smith signed on as the Doctor through 2013, for the 50th anniversary. Here's to hoping that is accurate and nothing happens to mess that up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast