Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

ves - thanks for the posts, i was going to say more or less what doc said about the lady in the library. she said he wasn't her dr and he looked young. The way i thought she said it was that he looked young in re-incarnations as opposed to physical age.

I don't think we will ever get to see that story though as its too much romance, most fans don;t want to see him married, and from what she said they were together a while, so if they did i bet its at the very very end (although whether there will be a very very end is a whole different converations)

i loved the cactus people and as you said crazy aliens and camp effects. i thought it worked brilliantly as when they were rescueing him you could tell their heart wasn't it - bloody hilarious though. worst rescue ever

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

*averts eyes to the end to post a picture*

Oh, I just can't imagine where.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ooh, that reminds me, Woofer: i recently watched something on the Doctor Who panel at comic con, and fucking hell! I know that Who's not well known in America, but every single american who knows it seems to love it! Seriously, it was like Tennant was treated like a rock star when he got on stage in front of hundreds of fans!

And Woofer, if you really need to see the specials, i wouldn't wait for scyfy, i'd just get the box set, which is out next month in america! I'd recommend getting it, it's got some pretty good special features on it, and some lovely packaging! Is it all the specials you need to see, Woofer?

On a random note, just bought 6 doctor who cds for 70 quid. Expensive, but totally worth it for the subscriber bonus: the Doctor meeting his granddaughter again for the 1st time since he was an old man back in the beginning! Fantastic! And any reason to listen to Paul McGann as the Doctor is a good one! (Still the greatest Doctor ever, imo!) It's major, epic stuff like this that still makes me buy the audios based on the classic series in the first place! Well, that and Paul McGann! Why haven't we found out how he regenerated into Eccleston, yet? Bring back McGann, I say!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So how many of the old episodes do you have, DD?

With luck, I'll see The End Of Time this weekend.

Spoiler:
    Don't ask how.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, if i count all the ones i've collected on video, dvd, and soundtracks of missing 60s eps, i'd say i've got at least 250, maybe even 300 of the old eps. Remember though that most of these would've been serials, so it's probably something like 50 or 60 stories. Like i said, i've been a fan a long time!

And you're gonna love End of Time: part two, brice! That's all i'm saying, though.

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*mails you a couple hundred blank video tapes*

J/k

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

oh my word, thats me off on a plane to stalk you DD!!! i'll be the one peeping throught the windows while you watch dr who

wait. thats a rather disturbing image, scrap that. i'll go with brice suggestion of recordable dvd (get with it brice, tut. cassettes sheeesh)

Brice, i shan't ask how, but when you do watch them let me know your thoughts

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It's good to hear that Doctor Who is getting the respect it deserves at last. I also hope it revitalizes the classic series. I think the classic suffered from budget constraints that American audiences weren't as tolerant of as the home front was. The only place I remember finding Doctor Who when I was very young is on the public television channels. Later, some independent cable channels picked it up along with other old scifi shows like Space 1999 and U.F.O.

The specials are all that have been produced since the season ended, correct? If so, then that's all I need to get back to speed. Sorry to sound ignorant, but I've intentionally avoided any information so as not to spoiler myself.

Speaking of, does anyone know when LOST is coming on? *wanders to the LOST thread to peek in*

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

due next month woofer, can't wait. I now have heroes back, dollhouse back and lost next month. all i need is dr who and fringe and i will be one happy kitten

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I still need to watch season 2 of Lost. That's how far behind everyone else I am! I'm more looking forward to the final series of Ashes to Ashes, myself. If it's as good as last year's series, and really does promise to tie up all the mysteries of A2A and Life on Mars in a way that doesn't suck like the US one did, I'll be one happy bunny!

But back on topic: yes, Woofer, just the past 5 specials you need to watch. There's gonna be a new series in the UK in the spring, so you don't have to worry too much about being behind everyone else just yet. Regarding to the new series, i've read plenty of things in the magazine that have almost made me weep with joy. I wouldn't regard these as spoilers, but here are two descriptions people have used for the feel of the new series:

Spoiler:
    "Tim Burton-esque", and "Pan's Labyrinth-y".

My God, as a huge fan of the old 70s gothic horror episodes that always went a little too far, having those words being used to describe Doctor Who is the best thing i've heard yet! I think my head might just explode from the sheer awesomeness of the idea!

- Melike

My Mood
    Worried

Oooooo. I am truly intrigued. I wonder...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The End Of Time=fucking brilliant

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

indeed. have you watched both parts? i was a little underwhelmed with the first one but the second was brilliant. (and wouldn't have worked without the first one)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I watched both and I definitely have to agree. It was fantastic....except for that whole Tennant not being The Doctor anymore business. Can't we go back and undo THAT. Where's a damned TARDIS when you need one.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What, and undo one of the most awesome sendoffs ever? No chance!

I must admit, whilst i thought Tennant was brilliant, I was kind of looking forward to the regeneration. It's one of those concepts that got me into the show in the first place! And from what i saw of the new trailer and the last minute of End of Time, I think the show's gonna be just fine without Tennant, tbh.

Spoiler:
    After all, how can you not love that moment when the Doc says, "And still not ginger!"

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I know. I just hate change.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

did you here that they got loads and loads of complaints about the whole ginger thing?

he said it when he changed from 9th to the 10th
    and then again on the latest one, so the ginger squad and the pc brigade have launched an official complaint the mind boggles

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, change can difficult to deal with, especially with how successful the new series has been, but i think everyone left at the right time, and that includes both RTD and David Tennant. Better to leave on a high than go out when it's been dragged on for so long that people have gotten sick of it. (I am of course thinking of Scrubs: that used to be a great show, and now it's gone on so long it's turned to sentimental shit. To make things worse they're making episodes AFTER the one called, "My Finale". WTF?!?) Doctor Who really does depend on change to survive, otherwise it would've been cancelled in its 7th year. (Yep, 7th, if it remained the same show it had been for 6 years. That's one year before the Master even appeared! Doctor Who without the Master! Can you imagine that?!?)

And here's something to help ease the change, Brice: the new series is being lead by Steven Moffat. To reinforce my point, THE NEW SERIES IS BEING LEAD BY STEVEN MOFFAT!!!! ONE OF THE GREATEST WRITERS IN TELEVISION!!!!

Ahem, anyway, I hope you take my point?

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    did you here that they got loads and loads of complaints about the whole ginger thing?

he said it when he changed from 9th to the 10th
    and then again on the latest one, so the ginger squad and the pc brigade have launched an official complaint the mind boggles
    And yeah, i heard about that candy. Ridiculous: over 150 complaints the bbc got. WTF?!? Being dissapointed at not being ginger is gingerist, now? These people had just watched a show that had Catherine Tate in, the most famous ginger woman in the country, right?

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wonder if when a Time Lord buys you a lottery ticket if that's a good thing???

And yeah, you are right about the change thing. I am just slow to like change. Hopefully the new doctor will be awesome too.

Oh, and I think they should get all the living Doctors together ala The Five Doctors now.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I just wonder if when a Time Lord buys you a lottery ticket if that's a good thing???

And yeah, you are right about the change thing. I am just slow to like change. Hopefully the new doctor will be awesome too.

Oh, and I think they should get all the living Doctors together ala The Five Doctors now.

i would prefer to travel with the dr tbh
    that would be ..... fanbloodytastic, but it ain't gonna happen. i reckon you could get them all bar eccleston

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why couldn't you get Eccleston?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i think he thinks hes above it

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He is not. WIthout Doctor Who he is nothing. Not even a blip on radar.

Well, the other doctors can just kidnap him and force him to do it.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

now that i would pay to see

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast