Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120
Results 2,976 to 2,985 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Beep the Meep is going to appear in the TV series. I never thought something like that would happen. In case you're wondering, Beep the Meep originally appeared in Fourth Doctor comics back in 1980. It was a pretty fun and solid comic strip too. It's definitely bold of RTD to do this, but I like it. Besides, The Star Beast is a good story, and it'll be great to show it to a whole new audience.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0g9tfc8

Don’t know if this will work for all, but the latest trailer….
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The new 60th anniversary DW trailer:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTRam_4a4cw

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I watched the Children in Need minisode - silly but fun - and the first 60th Anniversary special. Great - really great - to see David Tennant back as the Doctor, and while Donna Noble was never my favorite companion, Catherine Tate does a fine job as always.

Plot-wise, it was a middling monster of the week episode, but that almost doesn’t matter - clearly, the main objective was to get the main characters back on stage, and I think that was done very successfully. They are the same, but changed, and the writing and acting portrayed that very well.

Looking forward to the next special in a few days.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...sic-doctor-who
    “Lost media” is becoming a more and more prevalent term as streaming services wipe entire series from existence, making them completely impossible to watch, even for digital purchase. But the concept is not new at all. Now, there’s an expectation that whatever show you want to catch up on is at your fingertips. But before the internet, you were limited to reruns.

There’s no greater example of this than Doctor Who, the longest-running sci-fi series in TV history. The show has been running for 60 years, and yet there are countless fans who haven’t even seen all the episodes that still exist. However, that’s all changing now.

In celebration of Doctor Who’s 60th anniversary, Tubi is making all of “Classic Who,” the adventures before the 2005 reboot, available to watch for free. Here’s why this is unprecedented — and why you should tune in.

Tubi now includes more than 600 episodes of the series, which used a “serial” format, telling a single story over multiple episodes. However, not every story is available. The pilot episode, “An Unearthly Child,” isn’t streaming on Tubi, probably due to the rights holder’s dispute with the BBC. (That episode is still streaming on BritBox, however.)

Far more episodes are gone due to the BBC’s “junking” policy, which led to dozens of episodes being retaped and deleted. Thankfully, there are efforts to lessen the impact of the lost episodes. Tubi also features animated recreations of some adventures, meaning you can still keep up with the story.

While you can catch up with current-day Doctor Who without the “Classic” era, every Doctor Who fan should dip into the archives to see where it all started. Not only are they glimpses into another time, but there are aliens and villains in these episodes who would later come back in “New Who,” like the Zygons, the Silurians, and the Sea Devils. The Toymaker, a villain from a lost 1st Doctor episode, is even coming back in the form of Neil Patrick Harris in one of the 60th-anniversary specials.

Every episode of classic Doctor Who is notable, whether it’s because the episode is timeless and is just as exciting today, or because it’s a fascinating time capsule of low-budget science fiction. But if you’re more interested in the former, you should definitely check out “The Genesis of the Daleks,” which was even mentioned in the recent Doctor Who Children in Need short “City of Death” and “The Caves of Androzani.”

Whether you’re a new fan looking to find out just where Doctor Who began or an old fan who wants to revisit the heyday of 4th Doctor episodes airing on PBS, you’ve got no paywall stopping you from traveling in time without the need for a TARDIS.
    https://tubitv.com/networks/classic_doctor_who

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

As a long - very long - time Who fan, Having these episodes available on-line is wonderful. Admittedly, some of them do not hold up very well - the budgets for these shows were tiny compared to their modern counterparts - but if you look past the rubber costumes there are often solid stories and character moments underneath. And even the rubber monsters have their charm.

The whole "lost episodes" aspect of Who is tragic and surprising. Tragic that these episodes were ever lost, due purely to tapes being reused because of BBC budgetary constraints. Surprising that so many have been recovered, either from copies shipped to other countries for broadcast, or from home-taped episodes - many audio-only, pre-VCR - from viewers.

I will say that it's a weird experience knowing that a number of episodes I watched as a young boy - and remember quite well - are now lost, possibly forever. But it's also gratifying that so many of the episodes once thought so have been rediscovered in the most unlikely of places.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It is absolutely amazing that such vast libraries of classic Who episodes are available across multiple streaming services. I remember when Netflix had an incredibly limited story selection - about 1 story per Doctor, if you were lucky - so seeing most of the series being released on services like BritBox, Tubi and of course iPlayer is amazing. I'm actually making my way through the classic series using a mix of streaming services and blu-ray collections at the moment. Now on season 10. Jon Pertwee was absolutely magnificent as the Doctor, and this was an extremely strong season overall.

Regarding more recent Who stuff: has anyone else watched the recent specials? I rather liked them overall. Honestly, I don't see them working well as episodes designed to celebrate 60 years of the show. But as a kind of ending to the New Series? That's where it's most effective. Especially in the last special. The Giggle felt like a great way of celebrating and wrapping up everything since 2005, while giving the show the completely fresh start that it really needs.

As for the stories: I love The Star Beast, mostly because I love the original comic it's based on. It's a great balance between adapting what made the original story so much fun, while mixing it well with the new characters and storylines of this mini-era. Wild Blue Yonder was bonkers but very effective, and one I'm eager to rewatch. And The Giggle, aside from being a very effective ending, also worked as a fun and fresh way of bringing back a great character.

It was nice to see Tennant again for a few episodes. But I'm still much more excited to see Gatwa's era really begin. Especially after his rather unique introduction. I think Gatwa is a brilliant actor anyway, so I'm sure he's going to bring a lot to the role of the new Doctor.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120