Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 120 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nope, it was actually a quarter! They made them on a weekly basis back in the early 60s, and they made up to 40 eps per season! Most of the episodes were wiped, unfortunatly, but I've got the surviving audio, if you want me to send that to ya at some point.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So pieces of the story are missing, or just of that season? And 40 eps! That's so long for you guys now
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not the whole season, but quite a lot of eps were wiped out from that year, it has to be said. Out of the 12 eps of TDM, only 3 survive. Which is a shame, as when I finally watched it, I was at first worried that the freedom I had in audio might be ruined by the low budget...then I saw head villain Mavic Chen backhand a dalek eyestalk! Sheer Who magic, my friend!

And 40 eps is so long for you guys as well, let's be honest!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

True So the audios were they taken straight from the video? Or were they rerecorded at a later date?
    I just did a quick glance on netflix and didn't see it. Are they available on dvd?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The surviving 3 eps were released on the Lost in Time box set. Not really worth watching unless you have the audio stories anyway. And the audios were actually taken from fan recordings of the eps back in the 60s - essentially, it was the next best thing to a video recorder.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Not the whole season, but quite a lot of eps were wiped out from that year, it has to be said. Out of the 12 eps of TDM, only 3 survive. Which is a shame, as when I finally watched it, I was at first worried that the freedom I had in audio might be ruined by the low budget...then I saw head villain Mavic Chen backhand a dalek eyestalk! Sheer Who magic, my friend!

And 40 eps is so long for you guys as well, let's be honest!
    As long as the eps are under 30 min, 40 isn't that bad, really! I mean, every season of Digimon had 50 eps, and I would watch marathons when I was little. And, especially for Who...I'd watch that many!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yeah! Which reminds me: another boxset of Who came in the post today! This one featuring 3 stories from Tom Baker's final season, labelled The E-Space Trilogy. Which brings the total of Who dvds I haven't watched yet to 11 stories! That makes it 44 eps to watch! I'm saving them all up for November, where I can watch one story a day until November 23rd...which means I need to get 12 more!

- Melike

But what are you going to do after that?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Finally get round to watching Carnivale, of course! Well, I may get round to it soon, actually. But first I do wanna watch a ton of horror movies before Halloween, that's for sure.

- Melike

You better, you owe me!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hey, I watched the whole of Lost, didn't I?

- Melike

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but you prefer Eccleston to Tennant, so I wouldn't completely trust the majority on this one!

(I say this as someone who prefers Smith out of the 3 from the new series and whose favourite Doctor from the classic would be McGann, as he's fantastic in the audios and makes the one-off movie he did worth watching! Although Tom Baker's first 3 seasons in the show are possibly my favourite seasons of the classic series, I must admit.)
    Hey man, I'd marry Eccleston in a heartbeat
    I'm liking Baker as well, and starting to get really curious of McGann, as I haven't even seen the movie or heard any audio plays.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The tv movie is mostly crap and very americanised with a plot that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But it does give some great moments to McGann's Doctor. Especially this one:

On the plus side, in the audio series, he's given a lot of great material to work with. Some shite material too, but mostly good. There's really two series: the series with as the Doctor before 2005, that took his character into new and completely unexpected directions when he saves Charley Pollard, a girl who wasn't meant to be saved. Then there was the other series that's much later in his life and was made in 2006, when he travelled with modern companion Lucie Miller. This one starts out light-hearted, but got considerably darker in the final season. The final story was awesome, as it didn't lead into the Time War as such, it did leave the 8th Doctor much more prepared for a war. Both series were great, though.

- Melike

I'd definitely recommend them Chap. I've only listened to the first two seasons with Charley, but they're some of my favorite eps of the show. I really wish they filmed them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I told you before: some stories were made for audio. That includes Seasons of Fear, for budget reasons, and even The Chimes of Midnight:
    Spoiler:
    the plum pudding death is just about acceptable for family listening on audio, but on television? I somehow doubt it!

- Melike

I know, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it. And I know had they filmed it it wouldn't compare to what I have envisioned in my head. But if they could make that it would be amazing

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I told you before: some stories were made for audio. That includes Seasons of Fear, for budget reasons, and even The Chimes of Midnight:
    Spoiler:
    the plum pudding death is just about acceptable for family listening on audio, but on television? I somehow doubt it!
    Good lord, that was gruesome! A nice cheery scene for me to dream about on Christmas evening....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know. It's like the last words of the 8th Doctor, if they're ever revealed, won't be as awesome as the speech in my head, with his victorian gothic TARDIS burning around him, his clothing torn and bloodied, his face covered in bruises and looking well and truly messed up, after wiping out the Daleks, his home world, and his very species:
    So...this is how it ends. The Doctor...the man who saves people from monsters, from dictators, from the worst of the universe...couldn't even save his own race...and now it's just me left. The renegade. The one who ran away. Who went out into the universe to explore, to meet people, all in the name of fun. Only it wasn't fun, was it? Not all the time. Too many horrors out there. Too many nightmares. And the Daleks were the worst of them. The Daleks. Would this have happened if I had never left? If I had never become the Doctor, never encountered their race? The Doctor and the Daleks, fighting each other across time and space, isn't that how it always was? And now even they are gone. So what's the point of me being here? What's the point of carrying on? Do you hear me universe? I don't want to carry on any more. I'm done fighting with monsters, I'm done saving people, saving worlds, saving you. So be done with me. Do you hear me, universe?!?

[Now on his knees and arms out stretched:]

Let

Me

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!
    And on that last word, have him burst into light and change into Eccleston. God, that would be fucking awesome. Especially since McGann is the master of monologues!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you've told me that before...I still love it! I can only imagine how emotional that scene would be. it's just a true pity that we will most likely never get to see that moment...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know. But last time, that was in an email between you and me which I can't find now. This time, I'm putting it up online for posterity's sake, and for other fans to read!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you need me to email it back to you? I never delete emails from friends...ever. You know never when you might need them, or something...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If you still have it, that'd be great! I think I can remember typing up something a little better than the one I posted on here. A little better, anyway.

- Melike

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the movie last night, it was surprisingly not-terrible. Not a great movie by any means, but not as god awful as some people say.
    Now I'm convinced they should do animated seasons of the audio dramas. Won't even need to hire voice actors!
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Found this online, and thought it was genius: an online fan version of the Brilliant Book, but for 1965. Wonderful!

http://www.wonderfulbook.co.uk/

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just over 12 hours till November starts...12 hours until I can finally end my two weeks of no Who and get down to watching, listening and reading Who every single day until the 23rd: anniversary day! Epic!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 120 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast