Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

when I have time from school, I fully plan on writing proper reviews

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

if i have offended thee i am sorry in advance if not enjoy...found by son by the way

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The third episode was probably the best of the new season so far -- better than I expected from the previews. I'm looking forward to next week's, though, which seems to explore the Doctor's impact on Rory and Amy's normal life.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I quite liked tonight's ep. It was a bit different, but then, these last few eps in general have been a bit different, especially compared to last season's, which I've gotta admit, I still rate extremely highly.

Spoiler:
    It's interesting seeing Rory and Amy as not being the Doctor's companions, especially in this week's ep. I don't think we've ever focused on what happens on the ordinary lives of the companions at home quite as much as this ep did. Must admit, the ending of them choosing to travel again with the Doctor, I did kinda see coming. I know that them choosing to leave the Doctor for good would've been the easy choice, but this is Moffat, and there was no way the easy choice was ever gonna happen! Which means that next week will be, hopefully, completely and utterly heartbreaking, as it damn well should be. These are the Ponds, after all, a big part of the show since 2010, so they deserve a big send-off. And besides, at the end of the day, it is time for them to go, as much as I've liked them. I've enjoyed watching the last few eps, but still, I miss the old routine of the Doctor taking his friends around the universe and showing them wonders and dangers, not to mention that these last eps have, by their nature been a lot less arc-y, not just compared to the last couple of years, but since the show came back, really. I'm hoping that when the new girl does arrive, a brand new BIG! story will begin along with it, as well.

Back to the ep itself, I also liked the new character of the Brigadier's daughter in the ep, nice touch! Really glad the legacy of the Brig lives on.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So now that you Brits are about done with Kaen Gillan could I have her please?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I didn't understand much of the alien part of the story in this week's episode. None of it made any sense. Once they got on the space ship, things really went to hell. I liked the stuff with Amy and Rory's life being disrupted, but other than that, what a disaster.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

We need the writers to put together a multi-Doctor episode like they used to do in the old days.

I want to see David Tenant and Matt Smith interact.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, but it's really annoying that the standard response given by a lot of the past Doctors has been that they haven't heard anything so far on whether they'll be appearing in a special for the 50th anniversary or not. Not even Paul McGann, and let's face it, that Doctor needs more screen time than anyone.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I didn't understand much of the alien part of the story in this week's episode. None of it made any sense. Once they got on the space ship, things really went to hell. I liked the stuff with Amy and Rory's life being disrupted, but other than that, what a disaster.
    I agree...to an extent. I understand what they were doing and I know the reasoning behind the alien's plans, but my main gripe was that they didn't fully explain the box thing. Specifically, was it was the numbers. I understand it was just a basic showy countdown (I think) but certain scenes made it seem as if
    Spoiler:
    they specifically needed those 7 people they captured and it could have been made clear as to why that was necessary. My best guess is that they were studying them, but isn't that the whole point of the boxes in the first place?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What a wonderful way to end Amy and Rory's story. While it's my least favourite Angel story (only because the first two were so bloody great), this ep wasn't about them, and quite fittingly, too. Wow. Goodbye, Ponds. I'll miss you.

Spoiler:
    Not as much as the Doctor though, I suspect.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. Or me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not yet, but as soon as I've gotten over the departure of Lucie Miller, the full weight of the Ponds departure might start to sink in.

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

18 minutes till the weeping angels come to my house.

I don't wanna' lose the Ponds. Make them take it back.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Wheeping Melike.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

ok, I have a few questions.

Spoiler:
    Why is it a fixed point when Amy goes back? When they were going back for Rory (before the Doctor knew that the Angels had taken manhatten <-- important point) it was just going to be a quick pop back to get him. It was only when the Angels had taken manhatten that the Doctor needed to get a lock on Rory's place/time) I know there have been a few arguements on the web saying he will be crossing his own time line, but a) he wont be as its not his time line, and b) he does it all the bloody time - otherwise he would not be able to time travel. It seems to be me to be a lazy opt out, but I am more than willing to be prooved wrong

Also my other question is - [SPOILER]
    Spoiler:
    when the tardis lands for the second time in the grave yard (when they both get 'Angeled') just before this, River turns to the Doctor and says ' Amy and Rory, they are both going to get pretty bored hanging around the graveyard' (or words to this effect, need to watch it again to get the exact words) its like the story is going to go in a whole different direction, when she said this I thought they had died in their jump and could not leave the graveyard? Its a very strange sentence and its like its out of context??

Final thought for the day
    Spoiler:
    A lot of people say they cried and that it was really sad? I don't see it the same way. Rory and Amy got to live out their lives together which is what they wanted? Ok so they didnt have the doctor, but they had each other - and although Amy outlived Rory but 5 years they still had long and happy lives. So I really think it was a lovely ending. If you want flood gates look at Donna ending!!!!

Oh and 'hi' everyone

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Spoiler:
    First, to hit a big point with me: Amy and Rory's issues. I didn't really find them horribly believable. I know that's an issue many couples have issues with, and theirs would naturally be compounded by the other stuff in their life. But the way it was handled bugged me. It seemed like that was the only source of their issues, and that the went so quickly from fighting to divorced? I think this would have been better understood if we were given some sort of timeframe in which this was taking place. Seemed very rushed....
    Additionally, we were all but promised relationship issues, and to have it resolved so quickly also bothered me. I have a hard time imagining that after such a huge fight worthy of splitting up and kicking Rory out, something as simple as just talking about it for a few minutes in a room would solve all of their problems. They never talked about it before? Really? They should have had that conversation 10 times over before even thinking about getting a divorce.
    I found this quire beleivable actually, its easy to get waylaid by life, and the communication goes. Then from a single issue, crap gets added on and on, and its still not discussed. Until you hit breaking point and a seperation is the only option, and you still won't discuss whats at the heart of it - either because by this time there is too much crap added to the original issue or because its too heartbreaking to reveal. Imagine if Amy had told Rory the reason and he had turned around and agreed with her. Its much easier to grow a hard shell and allow the poison to carry on. As to the fact that is was solved within minutes?well initially it could be but I imagine that when we left the Ponds in their 'real' life they discussed it in much more details (fighting foir your life kind of puts relationship discussion on the back burner)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Regarding your thoughts candy: agreed that Donna's was a much "sadder" ending for me.
    Spoiler:
    Admittedly, it was heartbreaking to know that Amy could never see her "raggedy man" again, and even worse that they won't get to see their family like Rory's dad, but yeah, I was so happy that they were together at least, and overall I thought it was perfectly bittersweet rather than tragic.

Really, I just thought it was a perfect ending, overall. Really keen to watch it again later on today. For now, though: continuing my epic Who watch with more Troughton while doing homework, I think.

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    ok, I have a few questions.

Spoiler:
    Why is it a fixed point when Amy goes back? When they were going back for Rory (before the Doctor knew that the Angels had taken manhatten <-- important point) it was just going to be a quick pop back to get him. It was only when the Angels had taken manhatten that the Doctor needed to get a lock on Rory's place/time) I know there have been a few arguements on the web saying he will be crossing his own time line, but a) he wont be as its not his time line, and b) he does it all the bloody time - otherwise he would not be able to time travel. It seems to be me to be a lazy opt out, but I am more than willing to be prooved wrong
    Spoiler:
    I feel like the term ''Fixed Point in Time'' is left undefined, intentionally. So they can cover things up with it. Seriously, I add another question to Candy's: Why can't Doctor go to see Ponds but River can? She makes Amy publish the book and write a last note to Doctor.

Also my other question is - [SPOILER]
    Spoiler:
    when the tardis lands for the second time in the grave yard (when they both get 'Angeled') just before this, River turns to the Doctor and says ' Amy and Rory, they are both going to get pretty bored hanging around the graveyard' (or words to this effect, need to watch it again to get the exact words) its like the story is going to go in a whole different direction, when she said this I thought they had died in their jump and could not leave the graveyard? Its a very strange sentence and its like its out of context??
    Spoiler:
    I thought River said it because they would have to stay there for a while they were putting TARDIS under maintenance.

Spoiler:
    A lot of people say they cried and that it was really sad? I don't see it the same way. Rory and Amy got to live out their lives together which is what they wanted? Ok so they didnt have the doctor, but they had each other - and although Amy outlived Rory but 5 years they still had long and happy lives. So I really think it was a lovely ending. If you want flood gates look at Donna ending!!!!

Oh and 'hi' everyone
    Spoiler:
    Candy, I loved Donna and Martha so much, it was sad to see them go. But this was the hardest for me. Donna was sad when she learned she had to forget. But then she forgot and got married and didn't remember. She didn't suffer. Amy knew the Doctor from her childhood. She kept waiting and remembering. In the end, she kept missing untill she was dead.
    And I have personal reasons. You love your ''first''s more. I got into this show with Eleven and Amy.
    And, also, I don't think there exists a happy ending.

And hi!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Spoiler:

Oh and 'hi' everyone
    Spoiler:
    Candy, I loved Donna and Martha so much, it was sad to see them go. But this was the hardest for me. Donna was sad when she learned she had to forget. But then she forgot and got married and didn't remember. She didn't suffer. Amy knew the Doctor from her childhood. She kept waiting and remembering. In the end, she kept missing untill she was dead.
    And I have personal reasons. You love your ''first''s more. I got into this show with Eleven and Amy.

And hi!
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, but it was still absolutely heartbreaking to know Donna had opened her mind and grown so much, before going back to the way she started. She was happier with the Doctor, and although it wasn't sad for Donna, it was heartbreaking for both Wilf and the Doctor to see. She lost everything and she didn't even know it. It was nice she got a happy ending eventually, over a year and half later, but at the time, it was gut wrenching.

While Amy will always miss the Doctor, it's not half as bad - she had made her choice, made it a long time ago - to be with Rory, no matter what. Like I said, she'll miss her best friend, but she'll be with the man she loves and grow old with him. That I find to be a much happier ending than what Donna got, although it certainly wasn't any less emotional.

Really, it's the Doctor I feel sorry for the most. I think that's the only thing I find horrendously sad about it - that to the Doctor, after that one last trip to see Amelia, that's it - they're as effectively dead to him as the Brigadier is. That's definitely the saddest part, I think.

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Spoiler:

Oh and 'hi' everyone
    Spoiler:

And hi!
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, but it was still absolutely heartbreaking to know Donna had opened her mind and grown so much, before going back to the way she started. She was happier with the Doctor, and although it wasn't sad for Donna, it was heartbreaking for both Wilf and the Doctor to see. She lost everything and she didn't even know it. It was nice she got a happy ending eventually, over a year and half later, but at the time, it was gut wrenching.

While Amy will always miss the Doctor, it's not half as bad - she had made her choice, made it a long time ago - to be with Rory, no matter what. Like I said, she'll miss her best friend, but she'll be with the man she loves and grow old with him. That I find to be a much happier ending than what Donna got, although it certainly wasn't any less emotional.

Really, it's the Doctor I feel sorry for the most. I think that's the only thing I find horrendously sad about it - that to the Doctor, after that one last trip to see Amelia, that's it - they're as effectively dead to him as the Brigadier is. That's definitely the saddest part, I think.
    Spoiler:
    You're right. Generally it is the Doctor who has to live the most tragic part of these separations. Anyway, I hate endings. All of them.

Haha, this is amazing. Karen is amazing. I am sure you have seen this before. But still... I have to share.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*giggles at Amy as a Dalek*

I didn't mean it was sad because Amy and Rory died after many years together. It was sad that they left ME.

Oh, and Melikeys! I have missed you so.

If you rescue me

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    *giggles at Amy as a Dalek*

I didn't mean it was sad because Amy and Rory died after many years together. It was sad that they left ME.
    As always best explanation of the things I really want to say. ❤
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Oh, and Melikeys! I have missed you so.
    Me too, Bricey. How have you been?!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

On the plus side though: NEW beginnings. I always look forward to those!

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    On the plus side though: NEW beginnings. I always look forward to those!
    Aaand thinking the introduction of the new companion... It is so exciting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast