Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know what you mean. Oh, I've kept myself busy, watching the entire classic series in order (now close to finishing season 14 - after this, just 12 more to go of the classic stuff) and of course listening to the monthly audios, but nothing beats that brand new on tv feeling (well, maybe the feeling I got when I finally started listening to Dark Eyes last year, but then it was "my" Doctor it featured). I imagine the wait's been considerably more difficult for you, waiting for your Doctor to return.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I know what you mean. Oh, I've kept myself busy, watching the entire classic series in order (now close to finishing season 14 - after this, just 12 more to go of the classic stuff) and of course listening to the monthly audios, but nothing beats that brand new on tv feeling (well, maybe the feeling I got when I finally started listening to Dark Eyes last year, but then it was "my" Doctor it featured). I imagine the wait's been considerably more difficult for you, waiting for your Doctor to return.
    So true. I know it will never be same for me after Matt Smith leaves. I am sure I will continue to love Doctor Who. But I know that your first Doctor never leaves you from all the people I have read and heard. Yes, it was really hard for me to wait for him. And I really understand your "Dark Eyes" excitement.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watching Jonathan Ross, Matt is such a sweetie, I want to adopt him.

The teaser look awesome, I can't wait.

I think Matt's really grown and taken this role and made it his own, I wish all those naysayers from the first series would give him a break, the first few eps of his run where a little weak, but that was more the writing. He looks brilliant now!

And Matt's dad is from Blackburn - brilliant I love it, although Jonathan Ross accent was crap, I do not talk like that

And Matt's teaser for the 50th was
    Spoiler:
    paintings lol, love it

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    And I really understand your "Dark Eyes" excitement.
    Oh yes. In a way, despite the frustration I feel at the lack of a definitive ending to McGann's Doctor, I'm also kinda lucky - it means that I still get to listen to continuing adventures with his Doctor. He's the closest thing to a "current" Doctor that Big Finish are allowed to have. Of course, with Dark Eyes, I was especially excited, as it directly continued off a story 18 months before that left the Doctor in a very dark place (for reference, think where 11 was after losing the Ponds, but ten times worse at least). Dark Eyes built on that, and was quite the epic, but the best thing is it's the start of a whole new era. I'm still waiting to hear when the next box set will be released, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Just watching Jonathan Ross, Matt is such a sweetie, I want to adopt him.

The teaser look awesome, I can't wait.

I think Matt's really grown and taken this role and made it his own, I wish all those naysayers from the first series would give him a break, the first few eps of his run where a little weak, but that was more the writing. He looks brilliant now!

And Matt's dad is from Blackburn - brilliant I love it, although Jonathan Ross accent was crap, I do not talk like that

And Matt's teaser for the 50th was
    Spoiler:
    paintings lol, love it
    I'll have to watch that. Also agreed that Smith has really grown and made the role his own. I still prefer series 5 to the first half of series 7, but I honestly cannot wait for the 2nd half. Really am hoping that, now that it's finally 2013, they really do start building towards the 50th anniversary, especially with the question asked at the end of series 6.

Oh, and just listened to the 3rd part of UNIT: Dominion, a 4 hour epic featuring the 7th Doctor, two previous Big Finish companions (one of whom was previously a Nazi), a ton of alien invasions happening all at once...and another Doctor, an incarnation we've never encountered before, far into his own future. That last character is especially exciting, as it seems Big Finish are going to reveal a lot more about who he is in subsequent stories, something I'm hugely looking forward to. Anyone looking to jump on board Big Finish and see what they can really do should start with this story - it's big, it's epic, and although it features a number of characters with history, it's all quickly and easily explained over the story's length. Like I said, a really epic listen.

- Melike

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

glad I wasn't drinking or eating anything when I saw that picture....It would have been all over the computer screen....lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

because of the way the pictures are arranged I put them in spoiler tags because they would take too much space. Finished about 1:30 tonight. Son will be surprised in the morning...lol
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Wow! Very nice work, mystima.

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It took only three weeks...yay me...lol...the other took longer because i was being lazy...lol...I put the other in the picture to show the difference in length between the two. now my daughter is making a Tardis beanie hat with the words Bad Wolf instead of police box for a friend of hers....lol...we have to much time on our hands...hahahaha

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Big Finish are currently running an offer this weekend: 10 of the best stories for £5 each (except Jago & Litefoot: Series 1, which is on sale for £20). My personal favourite of the list (of the 8 releases I have listened to) is by far A Death in the Family. A little continuity heavy, true, but the basic idea and execution is absolutely beautiful. Epic, tragic and deeply moving, it's definitely worth listening to. Followed closely by The Girl Who Never Was and The Condemned, two stories that are very closely linked to each other.

http://bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-w...-special-offer

- Melike

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Omigosh! I am caught up! Angels Take Manhattan...crispy crap, I cried my eyes out!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Uh...yeah I did the same. For days.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Omigosh! I am caught up! Angels Take Manhattan...crispy crap, I cried my eyes out!!
    Despite not enjoying the first half of series 7 as much as series 5 or 6, and thinking that the story of the Ponds went on a little longer than it should've, yes, I did feel sad about their ultimate ending in Angels Take Manhatten. Also glad though in that it was a pretty definitive ending to two companions I've loved watching the past couple of years (and it better be an ending, Steven Moffat - if you do what RTD did and decide to bring them back in a couple of years time, I will go Liam Neeson, I will find you, and I will kill you. Although you can bring Brian back, he was a wonderful character. Definitely bring him back at some point like RTD did with Donna's grandad Wilf. Now there's an idea...).

Like I said though, really looking forward to part 2 so much more than I looked forward to part 1. Hopefully, with a proper new companion, the series can go back to having more of the flow and development that characterized Moffat's first two series.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So, John Barrowman tweeted with some pretty bad news this weekend - he's not going to be in the 50th anniversary special. How does everyone feel about this? I'll admit, I do have my worries, but I'm not gonna give up hope just yet. We've still got another 8 eps of the current series (not to mention actually wait for the 50th to be even filmed) before we can worry just yet.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not the biggest fan of Jack, so that doesn't upset me that much...I feel like there are characters and companions who have made a much bigger impact on the show as a whole, and deserve to be there more than Barrowman does.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, I can definitely think of at least one. *Points to current sig* More than likely won't happen, but still. Love Ace. Wouldn't mind seeing Jamie back, if possible. Most of all though, although they may not be my all-time favourites, I think it'd be wonderful to bring either William Russell or Carole Ann Ford back, to really reference the show's beginnings. If Moffat could bring either back and write a good story for 'em, then we'd really be talking. Probably wishful thinking, but still.

- Melike

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! I remember her

I actually love Captain Jack, for all his cheesy innuendo and banter. He was a good counterpoint to the Doctor's serious side.

I didn't want to make ANY critiscms of DW on my first watch through, but there have been things that bugged me, writing wise, I'm going to rewatch and take notes. I must admit, I am frequently irritated by River Song.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Despite not enjoying the first half of series 7 as much as series 5 or 6, and thinking that the story of the Ponds went on a little longer than it should've, yes, I did feel sad about their ultimate ending in Angels Take Manhatten. Also glad though in that it was a pretty definitive ending to two companions I've loved watching the past couple of years (and it better be an ending, Steven Moffat - if you do what RTD did and decide to bring them back in a couple of years time, I will go Liam Neeson, I will find you, and I will kill you. Although you can bring Brian back, he was a wonderful character. Definitely bring him back at some point like RTD did with Donna's grandad Wilf. Now there's an idea...).

Like I said though, really looking forward to part 2 so much more than I looked forward to part 1. Hopefully, with a proper new companion, the series can go back to having more of the flow and development that characterized Moffat's first two series.
    Agreed. They should have skipped the entire first part of this last season and ended season 6 with the angels. I think it would have had such a stronger impact, as at that point I was so sick of them. I was happy to see a definite ending to Amy and Rory though.

And I am very excited about the new companion. It will be good to see the Doctor traveling with someone fresh. And like you said hopefully this will get the show back on track.

So, John Barrowman tweeted with some pretty bad news this weekend - he's not going to be in the 50th anniversary special. How does everyone feel about this? I'll admit, I do have my worries, but I'm not gonna give up hope just yet. We've still got another 8 eps of the current series (not to mention actually wait for the 50th to be even filmed) before we can worry just yet.
    Well this is very sad news. I love Captain Jack. It would have been wonderful to see him with the Doctor again.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ha! I remember her

I actually love Captain Jack, for all his cheesy innuendo and banter. He was a good counterpoint to the Doctor's serious side.

I didn't want to make ANY critiscms of DW on my first watch through, but there have been things that bugged me, writing wise, I'm going to rewatch and take notes. I must admit, I am frequently irritated by River Song.
    Aww, I love River Song. I think she and Captain Jack would make a great pair. (Not in a shipping way, btw. Just in an innuendo match way. )

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well this is very sad news. I love Captain Jack. It would have been wonderful to see him with the Doctor again.
    I know. Maybe one day, he will. I'm still wondering if the rumours that a
    Spoiler:
    younger Time Agency Jack will appear, to explain away what happened during the missing 2 years of his life. I'd love it if they finally explored that, especially if it turns out that, of course, the reason the years were missing were due to meeting 11 before 9, just as 6 forgot meeting Charley before he became 8!

Still, we can be sure of one thing: no matter what happens, it'll still be a better anniversary story than Zagreus.

- Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Aww, I love River Song. I think she and Captain Jack would make a great pair. (Not in a shipping way, btw. Just in an innuendo match way. )
    Haha! Too late - James ships Captain Song! Pass it on!!

Yes, they would be an ace pair, but oddly where Jack's cheesiness does it for me, Rivers constant banter annoys me. And if she says Sweetie one more time...grr! I also think Alex Kingston is too old to play the character, I mean, is the Doctor she goes on all these amazing dates with the eleventh Doctor? If so, it doesn't work for me. they have no sexual chemistry at all.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to see Jamie again....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Haha! Too late - James ships Captain Song! Pass it on!!

Yes, they would be an ace pair, but oddly where Jack's cheesiness does it for me, Rivers constant banter annoys me. And if she says Sweetie one more time...grr! I also think Alex Kingston is too old to play the character, I mean, is the Doctor she goes on all these amazing dates with the eleventh Doctor? If so, it doesn't work for me. they have no sexual chemistry at all.
    Hmm, can't say I agree. I think Smith and Kingston have great chemistry, even more so than Kingston and Tennant. I think for me how old Kingston is and the age difference works, especially with the Doctor being far older than Song and yet looking considerably younger. It's a dynamic that I really, really like. To each their own, though.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My only criticism of the River story is that I feel like it's been...I don't know. Maybe it's been drawn out too long. Because for the longest time, it was "Who is River Song?!?" and now we know. And yes, I understand that she continued to have a really strong presence in the rest of season 6, which was pretty good. But isn't it time to let her go? She just keeps showing up. It's about time to let her go, lest she become another Jack. Because that's my problem with Jack - he just kept showing up for no real reason. New Who is good about creating secondary characters, but maybe they need to tone it back a notch? I'm not sure...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, that, I can agree with. Series 6 helped fill in a few more blanks afterwards with Let's Kill Hitler and The Wedding of River Song, and let's face it, the departure of the Ponds pretty much needed to be one last family reunion, imo, but now that story is over. If she does appear again, I personally hope it's the last time the Doctor sees her before she has to make a trip to the library. That, I'd like to see.

As for Jack - I do think that he needed to be brought back to resolve some pretty major issues with the Doctor in Utopia, but after that...yeah, he does get criminally underused in the two eps after that. Hell, in Last of the Time Lords, he's chained up for nearly the entire fucking episode! The Stolen Earth and Journey's End wasn't quite so bad, since it was a mega-cool celebration of the whole of the RTD era at least, with the added bonus of Davros and Sarah Jane, so it was more than right to bring him back for a special occasion like that. Yes, it meant that like 70% of the characters who were in it, he wasn't given that much focus, yes, the plot's a little weak if you think about it, and yes, it's the earliest instance of RTD pissing all over the entire concept of regeneration...but you've gotta admit, seeing all those companions/enemies/spin off characters together was pretty fucking epic to watch! It sounds like Moffat isn't going for that approach for the 50th, so he needs to do something else to make the anniversary ep special: give it a really fucking great story!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast