Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 120 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have yet to be able to spot the 8th Doctor in that scene. Makes me pissy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Actually, you can barely see him, in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it clip with the Library. Same with the 8th, he very quickly walks by Clara and you don't see his face (more than likely due to rights issues with the TV movie).
    Thanks, I'll have to go back and check. I thought he should be in there somewhere. Surprised it wasn't a little more noticeable. And I was going to ask you about 8 as well since I didn't spot him the first time either.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    I have yet to be able to spot the 8th Doctor in that scene. Makes me pissy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Actually, you can barely see him, in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it clip with the Library. Same with the 8th, he very quickly walks by Clara and you don't see his face (more than likely due to rights issues with the TV movie).
    Thanks, I'll have to go back and check. I thought he should be in there somewhere. Surprised it wasn't a little more noticeable. And I was going to ask you about 8 as well since I didn't spot him the first time either.
    He makes a fleeting appearance right before 2. He passes by Clara so quickly you don't even see his face.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the finale as soon as I got in last night, so I may have had jet lag. But the episode felt really rushed to me, there was so much going on it felt almost shoe horned it. It could easily have been a two-part, or (and I'm just throwing thus out there) a whole series - like the classics used to be. I wanted to see more of trenzalore, I wanted more of the great intelligence, I wanted to see more of
    Spoiler:
    Clara saving the doctor, ans more of the great intelligence trying to kick the doctor

The build up at the start of the episode was phenomenal, you see the doctor
    Spoiler:
    going from his jokey silly self to being traumatised that he has to visit his grave

Thoughts on river song
    Spoiler:
    i loved that we said goodbye to her, however again it felt shoe horned in. Why did he suddenly stop going to see her, has he already given her his screw driver and sent her to the library? The way she talked she was close to more than one doctor, so I didn't expect 11 to be the one to say goodbye.

Thoughts on John hurt
    Spoiler:
    if he is, as internet rumours suggest the doctor between the 8 and 9 I won't like it, it will feel shoe horned in again, the doctor hasn't forgotten him so it should have at leadt been mentioned previously. The story itself would be better being the valeyard, otherwise you will end up with ' two' dark doctors, - the valeyard and then thus supposed 8/9 dark doctor

I wasn't struck on the whole 'introducing John hurt at the end either, it's not a block buster American film for goodness sake.

All in all I felt really sad that I feel so disappointed. It wasn't that it was a bad story. Which it wasn't, but that it was a really good story not given the depth it needed

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't like it? That's too bad. This was one of the few episodes I really, really liked for this half of the season.

I do agree with you on the error of making it 1 part, though. I had the exact same thought - it would be cool to go back to the serials of Classic Who. They would just have to make sure to get the pacing just right, though. Otherwise they risk losing viewers over the course of the 4 eps. Maybe if they did 2 a week? Like, start the series on Thursday or something, have ep 2 be on Saturday, then repeat for the next week and eps 3 and 4? I don't know...but I don't know if 4 eps over 4 weeks would work as well now as it did then

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Especially when those eps are now 45 minutes as opposed to 25. I can only think of one "3-parter" that the new series has done, and the trick was you didn't even know it was a 3-parter until you saw the watch. It was definitely a mistake to have NO 2-parters this year, though. I much prefer the structure the first 6 series had - have one half be single eps, and the other half 2-parters, to give it a decent amount of cliffhangers.

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Shadow is on a distinguished road Shadow's Avatar

My Mood
    Goofy

How many more season's has Matt signed on for?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Um I have a question. If
    Spoiler:
    Clara saw all versions of the Doctor up to The Eleventh she would have seen The Valeyard right?
    If you love me then love me..

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

by rights, yes

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's a possibility. If it was just the first 11 Doctors she saw and not his future forms, then it really depends when she saw Six, considering
    Spoiler:
    the Valeyard is supposedly not just the Doctor's raw darker subconscious given form but also in between his 12th and final incarnations. He's still a bit of an iffy subject, really.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Matt Smith to leave Doctor Who

So that's one thing not to look forward to about the November special: when that's over and done with, there'll be little over a month of Matt Smith as the Doctor left. I've gotta admit, I'm pretty shocked by this news. Shocked and a little saddenned. Smith has really, really grown on me these past few series, and I do wish he could've stayed just a little longer. Yes, there's a new Doctor to look forward to, a new take on the role, but unlike Tennant, I actually do feel there's plenty that could be potentially explored with Smith's Doctor. Oh well. I hope he's given a decent sendoff, at least.

- Melike

My Mood
    Goofy

My Mood
    Goofy

Matt Smith to leave Doctor Who

So that's one thing not to look forward to about the November special: when that's over and done with, there'll be little over a month of Matt Smith as the Doctor left. I've gotta admit, I'm pretty shocked by this news. Shocked and a little saddenned. Smith has really, really grown on me these past few series, and I do wish he could've stayed just a little longer. Yes, there's a new Doctor to look forward to, a new take on the role, but unlike Tennant, I actually do feel there's plenty that could be potentially explored with Smith's Doctor. Oh well. I hope he's given a decent sendoff, at least.
    I agree. I am sad. I do like when they do the metamorphasis but i never look forward to it.

Btw i used to be someone else on here. Havent been here in awhile but i talked to you about doctor who in the past.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, glad to see an old member around here. How long's it been, anyway?

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That does make me sad. He really had done a great job, and his Doctor is one of my favorites. But, it will be interesting to see who is next.

On a more happier note, finishing The Name of the Doctor has gotten me wanting to know more about his past so I've been watching old episodes of the original series. Here are my thoughts so far.

First Doctor. I like him okay, but he's not that intriguing to me that much.

Second Doctor. Him I like. Tomb of the Cyberman was bloody amazing. I also heard that was Matt Smith's favorite Doctor too.

Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee is pretty awesome. I like his style. So far.
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The First Doctor, imo, is really great if you watch all his stuff in order, particularly the first season. When I began watching the classic stuff in order, he seriously grew on me, as he slowly went from selfish old man to the hero we all know and love. His Doctor went through excellent character development over the first couple of years. Three's really special, as he was the first Doctor I ever watched. But yeah, out of those 3, I'd say 2's my favourite. Such a shame so many of his eps are missing, he brought such great physicality to the role. Glad to see you checking out the old stuff, anyway.

- Melike

My Mood
    Goofy

Here are some pics form the 2013 Motor City Comic Con that took place a couple weeks ago. Let me know if they are to much. Haven't posted pics in a long time.

Dude building a balloon Tardis

marked my car

child/kids tent

I did buy this robe! and it is comfy

Dalek from Victory of the Daleks

and the 6th Doctor

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice pics! I want all of that! Hey, since I kinda stopped SK collecting, maybe I'll start a Doctor Who collection! Does anyone out there collect Doctor Who? What are some of the rarest/unique items?

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

So will this next doctor be the last since on the show he said that he could only regenerate 12 times? I would think with how popular the show is they wouldn't want to end it. Also a friend pointed out that it took 30 years to go through 7 doctors but in the last 8 years they've gone through 4. I wonder why they are rushing through the actors.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think I read somewhere that the BBC's policy is that the Doctor is now virtually immortal. Personally, I'm not too bothered about the 13 lives rule. Remember, that rule was made up way back in the mid-70s, when the show was still only 15 years old. No one thought it would last as long it has. Perhaps they will explain in show about how the Doctor's gained more lives, but if they don't, I'll just chalk it up to the Time War and won't worry about it.

Also, I don't think they're rushing through the actors quite as much as you think. Surprisingly, most of the actors who've played the Doctor have only done it for roughly 3 seasons, with 5 exceptions: Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor (five seasons), Tom Baker as the Fourth (7 seasons), Colin Baker as the Sixth (2 seasons), Paul McGann as the Eighth (1 tv movie), and Christopher Eccleston (1 season). All the others have, like Tennant and Smith, only done 3 seasons each. 7 and 8 technically had long eras as the "current" Doctor, but only in print form, due to the series cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Nice pics! I want all of that! Hey, since I kinda stopped SK collecting, maybe I'll start a Doctor Who collection! Does anyone out there collect Doctor Who? What are some of the rarest/unique items?
    I've collected many items over the years. VHS tapes, books (a mixture of 70s/80s novelisations and 90s expanded universe novels), action figures etc. Usually, I'm just after anything that's story based rather than collector's items, really, with the occasional exception. Two of the rarest items I have include an annual from 1965 in very good condition, and the first volume of the 8th Doctor comics in good condition. Now, despite only being released back in 2005, for some reason this is already out of print and incredibly hard to find. Seriously, it cost me over £40 to get it in 2nd-hand condition. Probably wouldn't have tried as hard, but I've got all other 3 volumes in the 8th Doctor series.

As for what's the rarest collectable item out there? Definitely the New Adventures novel Lungbarrow. A book range back in the 1990s that tried to continue the story of Doctor Who off-screen, the New Adventures went for a more mature and darker take on the show than the tv series. Lungbarrow was pretty significant: it was not only the final one to feature the 7th Doctor, it was also one of the last books that featured the Doctor at all, with the Dying Days published afterwards being the only one in the range to feature the 8th Doctor before the "New Adventures" label continued as a spin-off range for former companion Benny Summerfield. But what makes Lungbarrow really sought after is the fact that it's supposed to go deep into the Doctor's origins - who he was before he left Gallifrey, why he left, who Susan is etc. People tend to charge a fortune for it.

- Melike

My Mood
    Goofy

I want the book next to the yahtzee game in the pic that says "chicks dig time lords"

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah yes, I've heard of that. A collection of essays of Doctor Who fandom from a female perspective, including interviews with actresses who've played former companions and people who've worked on Doctor Who Magazine. I'm always interested in any viewpoint on fandom - it's why I occasionally like to write my blog that's specifically about my love of Who - so I'm definitely keen to read that.

- Melike

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Waste Some Wibbly Wobbly Time With This Hilarious “Doctor Who” Plot Generator, Warning: You will waste an incredible amount of time playing with this thing.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

My Mood
    Goofy

Man, started rewatching the entire thing. I watched the first 5 episodes of season 1 (1963) last night.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, the ENTIRE thing! Awesome, I really do love those early seasons. Especially for Ian and Barbara and how much they really help the Doctor to change over time.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 120 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast