Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure nothing will be revealed in the ep...what'll happen is a massively intense build-up (probably at the Fields of Trenzelor? Unless they are saving that for season 8..) and then *BAM* there'll be a cliffhanger. Hopefully to be resolved in the 50th. Which we won't get until November.

That's the way I'd like to see it at least, even if the wait will kill me.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched Hide. Initial reaction: pocket universes! Entropy! The orange enviroment suit! Eye of Harmony! Metebelis 3! Pushed a lot of fanboy buttons, this ep.

Oh, and I found it to be a pretty cool, atmospheric and creepy ep for the first half, the creepiest I've ever seen the new series, really. Went down a bit in the 2nd half, but only because it naturally went from unknown horror to the classic sciency-wiency explanation. Also, really like the Doctor's relationship with Clara is far from perfect. At times, they seem ok, but he's definitely more alien and distant since the Ponds, and the fact that he's being so secretive around her is something I adore. Wasn't too keen on the overall resolution, but it was the scariest ep we've had in a long while I'd say, certainly leagues better than the attempt we got with Night Terrors, imo. There was some emotion in this ep, but it was much more nicely done than what we got in Night Terrors, really.

Also, gotta mention: really enjoyed Cold War as well. As an Ice Warrior fan and a fan of certain claustrophobic horror movies, that was an ep that I also really enjoyed. Btw, really looking forward to next week's ep! That looks set to be an awesome one!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Just watched Hide. Initial reaction: pocket universes! Entropy! The orange enviroment suit! Eye of Harmony! Metebelis 3! Pushed a lot of fanboy buttons, this ep.

Oh, and I found it to be a pretty cool, atmospheric and creepy ep for the first half, the creepiest I've ever seen the new series, really. Went down a bit in the 2nd half, but only because it naturally went from unknown horror to the classic sciency-wiency explanation. Also, really like the Doctor's relationship with Clara is far from perfect. At times, they seem ok, but he's definitely more alien and distant since the Ponds, and the fact that he's being so secretive around her is something I adore. Wasn't too keen on the overall resolution, but it was the scariest ep we've had in a long while I'd say, certainly leagues better than the attempt we got with Night Terrors, imo. There was some emotion in this ep, but it was much more nicely done than what we got in Night Terrors, really.

Also, gotta mention: really enjoyed Cold War as well. As an Ice Warrior fan and a fan of certain claustrophobic horror movies, that was an ep that I also really enjoyed. Btw, really looking forward to next week's ep! That looks set to be an awesome one!
    It is called Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS!!! How can it be not interesting?

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

anything where you might learn more about the TARDIS is automatically for me an awesome show.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've really been enjoying the the show since it picked back up. I actually look forward to watching it again every week. Loved the last ep especially, and next week's looks pretty good as well. Sad that there's only going to be a few more eps. Wish they had started the first part of the season like this.

Country
    Country Flag

So will the 50th anniversary episode be part of next season or is it gonna be during the mid season break kind of like the christmas specials?

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i think it may be toward the end of this season

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The 50th anniversary episode itself is gonna be in November, and yes, it's gonna be a one-off in between seasons, like the xmas specials. Should be on the 23rd. I'd really love it to be on the 23rd - not only is that the actual day of the anniversary itself, but it's also a Saturday. Practically destiny for the 50th anniversary special to be broadcast on a Saturday, as Saturdays were what Doctor Who was made for in the first place.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I've really been enjoying the the show since it picked back up. I actually look forward to watching it again every week. Loved the last ep especially, and next week's looks pretty good as well. Sad that there's only going to be a few more eps. Wish they had started the first part of the season like this.
    See, I'm almost opposite of this. I don't know what it is, and I really am enjoying the episode, but over the last 6 months or so I've found my Who-fandom in a bit of a decline. I will be the first to say it's not a result of the episodes themselves declining. I really like them. Clara rocks. But...I'm sure there are a lot of factors. But I'm much more interested in other shows/movies as of late.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    See, I'm almost opposite of this. I don't know what it is, and I really am enjoying the episode, but over the last 6 months or so I've found my Who-fandom in a bit of a decline. I will be the first to say it's not a result of the episodes themselves declining. I really like them. Clara rocks. But...I'm sure there are a lot of factors. But I'm much more interested in other shows/movies as of late.
    Probably your love of Amy and Rory Whereas I'm the opposite. What was your first Who that you watched? I know you've seen a ton, but wasn't sure when you first started to regularly watch it. And if it was with Moffat then I could see why you'd feel that way as well.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

the first episode I ever saw was Gridlock, from season 3 with 10 and Martha. The first episode I ever watched, though, was The Beast Below. I don't know if it's Amy and Rory, though. I mean, I love Rory. But I also really enjoy watching Clara.

But, oh well, I guess. Not all bad...I've been able to focus on other fandoms a bit more now, and I've rekindled my love of musical theatre

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have two whovians in my house now....both kids came home with tally marks on them....lol.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Second try: got knocked off internet first time. Hate having to remember what I said

Ok, I loved loved loved this episode. I think I am in a minority that is finding thus half of the series some of my favourite episodes - really didn't like the first half, but have never been a big amy fan and it felt tired and plodding. I believe the first half of this series has a lot to do with people being 'meh' about the who series now

Anyway, I digress. I love this episode, seeing the tardis - with tidbits and teasers, j really cant wait to rewatch because I bet I missed loads

Spoiler:
    i loved that we now have an answer to the crack in the universe. And the exploding tardis, and why people where forgotten about when they touched the crack.

I'm finding the actress playing Clara a little wooden, but I really like the character. I like the mystery surrounding her, however I think it's a bit too much for viewers who maybe aren't as obsessed as me.

I wrote loads last time, but have now forgotten it again - the trials of age unfortunately.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really enjoyed last night's ep a lot as well. I thought it was great how the episode not only explored more of the TARDIS, but also the Doctor and Clara, both individually and as a relationship. At times, they get on like a house on fire, at others, and this is what I really like, they can't trust each other. Both have their secrets, only with Clara, she doesn't even know what those secrets are. The only thing I didn't like that much was the ending,
    Spoiler:
    with the most literal "reset button" ending ever. I'm not a big fan of "reset button" endings, although at least there's the hint that the characters have slightly changed, like the brother treating his little brother better.

As for the explosion - the idea that it was the same explosion as the one in The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang was one I was really hoping for, but there wasn't any evidence that suggested it was the same one, from what I could see. I loved the return of the Crack, and the fact that it was brought up, so who knows, maybe it was done as a reminder to viewers of the previous one before revealing the answers to it later. Idk, I know that's wishful thinking on my part, but that lack of clear answer as to who blew the TARDIS up and why is one of the biggest gripes I've had with the Moffat era so far. It's been 3 years now, Moffat, can't you give us some clue already?!?

But I digress. Like I said, overall, really enjoyed the episode, in fact, I've been enjoying these eps - especially Bells, Cold War and Journey - much more than the ones from first half of the current series, that's for sure. I'm eager to see what next week's has in store!

- Melike

Shannon that is an amazing video!

Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS is my favorite episode of this season, so far. It was also one of the best performances of Matt Smith.
    Also:

What room do you think would exist in the TARDIS? Write it, draw it, build it. Tag your post ‘My TARDIS’. We want to see.

egriz:
    I’ve always thought that there is a calm place for the Doctor in the TARDIS. He probably couldn’t find it if he tried, but whenever he’s aimlessly wandering the halls fatigued and melancholy, he tends to stumble into it. It is her way of helping, in between companions.
    The room appears to be a garden with a personal universe. The planets hang in the air, and if you watch closely, you can see them orbiting. It’s quiet, and lit only by the local sun and the glow of some of the flora.
    Though he tried to hide away after the loss of the Ponds, he always seemed to find himself in this room again. It’s never quite the same, but he wouldn’t have it any other way.

Country
    Country Flag

Since the finale is supposed to finally reveal the doctors name, I wonder if they had an idea for what his name really was from the beginning or is it something Steve Moffat came up with since he took over?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe they did have an idea of the Doctor's name in the beginning, but I think if it is revealed, it'll ultimately be something Moffat came up with. It's been 50 years after all, and I doubt it would've been something passed on from producer to producer. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the finale, anyway.

- Melike

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.jameshance.com/prints.html this guy has done some great DW artwork

They are great fearless.
    Some other Doctor Who art:
    The Roar of Our Stars (Matt Smith's Doctor)
    The Time Lord (Tennant's Doctor)
    I've Forgotten Why I Shouldn't Blink (Weeping Angel)
    The Song of Your Sadness (Amy Pond)
    Eleven
    River
    by
    Alicexz

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

1st EDITION 1976

1982 reprint

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard rumors that The Doctor's name is the "Key" to the time lock on the time war....not sure if I heard that here or somewhere else....

on a totally different note and a day early...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

this week's episode was cool. I loved the ending, but am a little worried
    Spoiler:
    when you start to bring kids on the T.A.R.D.I.S. things tend to go bonkers...and the episode we are all waiting for is next week....cybermen....woohoo.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I was unsure a little about the ending, but then again: Neil Gaiman!!!! Can't wait to see what his next story's gonna be like!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast