Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Doesn't it just? I'm really excited about this. I've been a fan of the audios for quite some time - more so than the TV series, to be honest. It's for giving us stories with both the Fourth and Tenth Doctor that are a key example of why I'm such a huge fan.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I was born in the late sixties, so Tom Baker (1974-1981) was “my” Doctor growing up - although I saw a lot of Jon Pertwee episodes as well. David Tennant is my favourite of the new crop. So having them both in the same adventure is pretty sweet - even if only on audio.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, it's definitely a dream combination for many. Tom Baker is David Tennant's Doctor, so you can easily imagine how he feels. And the wonderful thing is that Tom Baker's still got it. His voice has noticeably changed, but he clearly enjoys playing the Doctor, even now. In fact, they released a brand new story earlier this month that had been recorded entirely in lockdown - recorded remotely with each member of the cast, and then edited seamlessly together in post-production. It's quite amazing, really.

Oh, and Tom Baker is also in the Eighth Doctor's new box set next month. But not as the Fourth Doctor. I'm rather looking forward to that.

- Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For anyone looking for a good Doctor Who story to watch this Halloween - violent, stylish, psychological, whatever - make sure to give this list a read. Spent a weekend working on this one, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

20 greatest horror stories of the Classic Series

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've been counting down to this all year. Less than two months to go now...

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey James, instead of watching Doctor Who, can you give me the link to an audio version of the episode with incredible sound design?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Hey James, instead of watching Doctor Who, can you give me the link to an audio version of the episode with incredible sound design?
    Oh wow Fernando, where to even fucking begin? I mean, Big Finish have been making amazing Doctor Who stories for the past twenty years, at least. In fact, Paul McGann is genuinely my all-time favorite because of them.

Speaking of which: The Eighth Doctor: Time War 1 is a good strong start to the worlds of Big Finish. That shows both the beginning and the middle of the Time War for Eight, at least from certain points of view, and really throws the listener into a war across time. For a darker take on that idea, check out The War Master: Only the Good, which is a lot of evil fun. (Plus, you can never go wrong with Derek Jacobi.) Also, more recently, we had the twentieth-anniversary box set The Legacy of Time: six episodes featuring six Doctors and a huge cast of characters from Doctor Who's long history, both classic and new. All of which are fantastic stories to listen to. Here's a trailer for the latter example:

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love the Dr. Who audio stories! I have Spotify and I've been meaning to go back and start listening to them all.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

UNIT: Dominion is a good one to check out. It does throw a lot at the listener, but it's an incredible ride. I'm pretty sure that's on Spotify, at least.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some earlier adventures of the Doctor and River. I rather enjoyed listening to these stories.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So it's been confirmed that Derek Jacobi's War Master will be facing the Tenth Doctor again next year. I'm really excited about this. The audio series The War Master has been so fantastic, and it's great that Jacobi's really got to show off just how great he is in the titular role. It'll be great to hear plenty more from this very brief Doctor/Master pairing.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

- Melike

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Fuck. Yeah.

‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Russell T. Davies to Return for Next Season

RTD has been my favourite showrunner of the new series. I think Moffatt had better individual stories or character arcs as a writer, but tended to make each season more overblown than the last, in a desire to up the stakes. RTD kept things a bit more under control and a bit less overwrought.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Later this year has been confirmed in the uk as 31st October 2021 in the uk
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    So it's been confirmed that Derek Jacobi's War Master will be facing the Tenth Doctor again next year. I'm really excited about this. The audio series The War Master has been so fantastic, and it's great that Jacobi's really got to show off just how great he is in the titular role. It'll be great to hear plenty more from this very brief Doctor/Master pairing.
    Reading back through the thread I missed this post. Did the late John Hurt do any audio as the War Doctor? Now that's a performance I'd love to hear.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Reading back through the thread I missed this post. Did the late John Hurt do any audio as the War Doctor? Now that's a performance I'd love to hear.

HBJ
    He did! In fact, he did a whole series of audios shortly before his death. 4 box sets, 3 episodes each. It was wonderful to hear how they explored his character.

They've also started doing a new series called The War Doctor Begins. Recasting a new actor as a younger version of Hurt's Doctor is a risky move, but honestly, Johnathan Carley is amazing as the War Doctor. It's easy to forget you're not listening to Hurt himself.

Here's a link if you're curious about either: https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/v/d...the-war-doctor

- Melike

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Later this year has been confirmed in the uk as 31st October 2021 in the uk
    When I first read about this season I was sad that there were only going to be 6 episodes after such a long wait. After having watched the first three I am now very glad that there are only 6 episodes because I don't think I could take or sit thru many more. This season is a complete shitshow. I'll only be watching the rest of it because I like to finish what I start.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Happy Doctor Who Day, everyone! Currently, I’m enjoying watching An Adventure in Space and Time with the family. Pure magic, and David Bradley is wonderful as Hartnell. I’m particularly excited about the announcement for the next animated release.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that they've reverted to the Third/Fourth Doctor Who logo. That's from about the time I started watching the series back in the day. Tom Baker is "my" Doctor.

A bit shattered that DW is moving to Disney+, though. My home country, Australia, has an equivalent of the BBC called the ABC, and it has received and broadcast, free-to-air, every Doctor Who episode over the last 60 years, multiple times. The fact that Doctor Who could be watched and shared by everyone in both countries was an important part of the culture of, and relationship between, those two companies. It's sad to see Doctor Who leave the ABC for a paid streaming service.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 LastLast