Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Rewatching the TV movie right now. Ok, overall, the plot is weak, but my god, do I fucking love the direction. Despite the reason for the 7th Doctor's death being weak, the regeneration itself is wonderfully directed. Cutting back and forth between that and someone watching the big moment in that old Frankenstein where Frankenstein screams, "It's alive...it's alive...IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIVE!"...holy shit, that still sends shivers down my spine. Wonderful way to introduce me to my favourite Doctor, especially as I was 8 years old when I first saw it. That key scene made the whole thing distinctly memorable to me.

Shit, no wonder I'm still hooked on this 16 years later!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Rewatching the TV movie right now. Ok, overall, the plot is weak, but my god, do I fucking love the direction. Despite the reason for the 7th Doctor's death being weak, the regeneration itself is wonderfully directed. Cutting back and forth between that and someone watching the big moment in that old Frankenstein where Frankenstein screams, "It's alive...it's alive...IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIVE!"...holy shit, that still sends shivers down my spine. Wonderful way to introduce me to my favourite Doctor, especially as I was 8 years old when I first saw it. That key scene made the whole thing distinctly memorable to me.

Shit, no wonder I'm still hooked on this 16 years later!

- Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Well, it is time for me to watch it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah yes, you're all caught up on Torchwood now! What story will you be watching then? One you've watched before, or have you been able to track down any of the classic series yet?

- Melike

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

DOCTOR WHO AND THE INVASION FROM SPACE 1961

1967 STICKER BOOK WITH STICKERS.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Ah yes, you're all caught up on Torchwood now! What story will you be watching then? One you've watched before, or have you been able to track down any of the classic series yet?
    I finished Torchwood, I will go with 8th Doctor.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ooh, ok. The movie isn't great, but I do love his performance in it, and there are really nice touches of lovely direction in it. His audio stuff is way, way, way better, though.

Let me know if you want any recommendations from me on the classic series, anyway.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Only now have you caught up on series 6? Ok, you gotta give us more than that! What were your thoughts, razz?

Overall, I really enjoyed it, especially for really exploring the Doctor, his impact on the universe, and his rather gradual downfall, but I did have some problems with character development, particularly Amy in Let's Kill Hitler. It wasn't perfect, but i'd give it a 4/5. How about you?

Nice pics, btw.

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Ooh, ok. The movie isn't great, but I do love his performance in it, and there are really nice touches of lovely direction in it. His audio stuff is way, way, way better, though.
    I second this. His audio stories are really good. And they're some of my favorite episodes. The tv movie I didn't really care for. Although I pretty much just watched it to put a face to his voice.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

This is just epic. I had to share with you immediately:

Doctor WTF? Cover by ~jimoakley666 on deviantART

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Very "what the hell?!" I like it!

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

For you comic fans here is something for you.

http://www.startrek.com/article/prev...n-doctor-who-2

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Pre-ordered the final set of Lost TV Episodes on cd last night, which means that, along with the Krotons on dvd and Planet of Giants in a couple of months, it should fill in all the remaining gaps in my collection of 60s Who on cd and dvd, to a degree, anyway. So, come August, I will, after a month of having an awesome time with my wonderful girlfriend, I can get back to the rewatch and continue it properly. Before, I took long gaps. Now, that doesn't look quite so likely.

Oh, btw, for anyone who wants extreme timey-wimeyness, I recommend 7th Doctor cd Flip-Flop, which I listened to last night. It's a bit of an odd one in that, as usual for Big Finish audios, it comes on two cds, but instead of "disc one" and "disc two", they're labelled Black and White, as you can listen to the story in either order. Seriously, there is no "right" way to listen to it - it's so incredibly timey-wimey that the actions in one lead directly into the other, and vice versa. It's bonkers trying to get my head round it. There are a couple of flaws, namely that if you listen to one cd, the next becomes pretty predictable in a few places with the Doctor and Mel's stories, but it's great trying to get your head round it all. Listened to all last night with the cd Black first. Might listen to it again later with White first to try and process it better. Anyway, recommended for fans who really love their headfuck-with-time stories.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

OMGOMGOMGOMG!

FINALLY!!!! After years of having unveiled that costume, Big Finish are finally using it. Which makes total sense. After the epic but incredibly dark and depressing To The Death (a brilliant finale to one of the best seasons of Who ever, the 8th Doctor and Lucie Adventures: Season Four), it makes perfect sense for him to start getting badass. I won't give spoilers, but the previous story broke the Doctor. After what happened - and I am very sad to say this - he can't act like the happy Victorian explorer we knew from the movie, so I'm glad they've ditched the old look in favour of the new.

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

apparently I have a Whovian for a son...he found this for me...lol

http://youtu.be/4_BDUNeIAY4

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes! Awesome, isn't it? Oh, I so wish I had the money for something like that! (Note: if they make an edition based on the 8th Doctor's new sonic screwdriver, rest assured, no matter what it takes, I will get it. By any means necessary. )

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Very sad to hear that Mary Tamm, the actress who played the first Romana, died yesterday. Another to add to the list of legends gone.

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any chance The Doctor (Doctors?!) will make an appearance at the opening ceremony today?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Brand new trailer. Finally.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

x1900000000

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

^ cubed

If you rescue me

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast