Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thousand lost worlds of the rose *spoilers*

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I like your theory Brainslinger. I think that his drifting might've had something to do with the Breakers attacking the Beams, which caused slight disturbances that in turn caused rifts in the boundaries between the multiple Americas.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Thanks. I don't think the history thing is always the case though. For example when Roland goes through a doorway America-side, I'm not suggesting that he automatically has a history in that world too, that he's suddenly an American citizen, the son of Steve the sheriff of Bangor,or whatever. (That was a rubbish example but I'm sure you know what I mean.)
    But we mustn't forget that doors and accidental slippings are not the same... so it's normal that when you step into another world through a door you won't exist in both. But when you are just slipping.. that's something very different.

Anyway why was Callahan slipping? Do we know it? I cry your pardon if the answer is obvious.

Roland would have understood.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Just a thought:

Once Callahan became convinced of other worlds, he wasn't afraid to die. He jumped through the window, avoiding the fate that Sayre had ascribed to him.

Could have been a similar thing for Jake, why he told Roland to go, and why he chose to let go of the train rail.

As a plot device, it works well for these reasons.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

*stops to pick up the blown peices of my mind*
    I think in a way your all correct, you sure are smart!
    Very interesting thoughts y'all. This is the closest to
    my thoughts on the subject.....
    Quote Brice:
    If there are (presumably) infinite worlds then every possibility must exist as reality somewhere.

Actually it is next door to what I believe is true right now.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    But we mustn't forget that doors and accidental slippings are not the same... so it's normal that when you step into another world through a door you won't exist in both. But when you are just slipping.. that's something very different.
    That makes sense. I'm not sure if Callahan always existed in that other world before he 'slipped' though (like twinners), or whether the history was created for him when he did. (That's confusing isn't it? He existed in the world before he entered it only after entering it.... durrrrrrr.... never mind...)

Anyway why was Callahan slipping? Do we know it? I cry your pardon if the answer is obvious.
    It seemed to be mainly tied to his imbibing the blood of Barlow. True there is some suggestion it happened for the first time at the funeral of the child (I believe it was Danny Glick), at least that's what Roland and Eddie speculate. However, his ability to detect vampires, see the vagrant dead and his ability to find the highways in hiding (and the general slipping) appeared to happen in earnest after that.

I think the vampires, are more aware of the thin spaces, being in a sense rather thin themselves. By cursing Callahan, Barlow ironically gave him that power.

As for why it happened the first time (assuming Eddie and Roland were right, since it is mainly speculation) I guess that could be due to Gan pushing Callahan across, via the writer entering Callahan into the story of Salem's lot.

Remember how many of the folk of the books also had counterparts in the Keystone world? And also remember when Eddie is talking to Roland about this sense of unreality he feels in Roland's world. He says something along the lines, (not exact quote) "The people themselves are all real, it's everything else..."

I kind of assumed it was King's way of saying how characters take a life all of their own, (and I think that is still very much the case) but in the context of the story, maybe it's something to take literally. The people already exist, King writes, and they pass into another world as dictated by the story. They themselves though are unaware.

Later books spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    That would also explain how Susannah's relatives exist in the keystone world, even though she appears to come from a different version of America. Maybe she originally did come from there too, but on appearing in Drawing of the Three, she crossed over too.... before Roland took her through the door to the beach. She wouldn't have been aware however, as.. the world would have incorporated her along with her history, but with some deviations like the trains station she lost her legs being different. Maybe that's the same for the other characters too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Whitey Appleseed is on a distinguished road Whitey Appleseed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno, but whenever there is talk of space, time is a factor in the picture, as well. So suppose that when Callahan flips between worlds time is different, as well. We know from the story that time acts differently regarding the time factor of when Tower's/Toren's agreement expires and how time acts in the Calla. So is it possible that when Callahan flips, time slows in the world from which he flipped?

Traveler ImprisonedNtheDarkTower is on a distinguished road ImprisonedNtheDarkTower's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Appleseed View Post
    I dunno, but whenever there is talk of space, time is a factor in the picture, as well. So suppose that when Callahan flips between worlds time is different, as well. We know from the story that time acts differently regarding the time factor of when Tower's/Toren's agreement expires and how time acts in the Calla. So is it possible that when Callahan flips, time slows in the world from which he flipped?

Callahan is strong telepathic breaker. he just doesn't realize it. now i know this is just a theory. but he's like sheemie. Callahan can create doorways, but do this, to be correct in theory. he would yes have to somehow stop time completely in the "beta" world...anyways just a thought

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2