Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite quotes? :spoilers:

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

misterman: I have put it into spoiler box, ok? You see, it is a big spoiler.

It's a wonderful picture, too, thank you for posting it!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    misterman: I have put it into spoiler box, ok? You see, it is a big spoiler.

It's a wonderful picture, too, thank you for posting it!

благодарность!!!
    -Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler Randal Flagg is on a distinguished road

Let's see...

"I have no opinion. No, none at all. Opinion is politics, and politics is an evil that has caused many a man to be hung whil he's still young and pretty."
    -Cuthbert Allgood

"KILL THEM ANDEW! EVERY SISTER FUCKING ONE OF THEM!"
    -Walter O'dim/Randal Flagg

"Fault always lies in the same place: With him weak enough to lay blame."
    -Cort

"I don't need a sigul!"
    -Pere Callahan

The man finally gets his faith back and finds redemption.

"May it do ya fine"
    -various

That last one has definitely become a part of my vocabulary.

Also pretty much anyhting Blaine says, but largely because of the way I pictured it in my head. I also found it hilarious anytime a robot was destroyed and a loudspeaker would blast "THIS UNIT IS SHUTTING DOWN!!!!!" for hours.

Traveler Echof0xtrot is on a distinguished road

"first come smiles, then lies. last is gunfire" - Roland

also

"I never been to harvard business school, but i guess i can kick a fella in the crotch as well as anyone..." - John Collum

both are frequent away messages for me

--also, here's a stupid question...how the hell do i add a signature? i looked all throughout user cp and nothing...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Go to the quick links link at the top right under the site's banner. Click that and a drop down type box will appear with a link for editing your sig. There is also a edit signature link in the control panel on the left of your screen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Echof0xtrot is on a distinguished road

thank you very much brice. done and done.
    please ignore any/all spelling mistakes regarding names, places, and words unique to DT. despite all the splendor george guidall added with his sultry/provocative voice, he neglected to spell out new/exciting words.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My pleasure! If you need help with anything around here you should feel free to PM me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Oh, Christ. I left the world i knew to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked up weasel. Shoot me, Roland, before i breed." - Eddie

a few awsome roland quotes;
    "first come smiles, then come lies. Last is gunfire."
    ""It's the way of the Eld, we are of that an-tet, khef and ka, watch and warrant, Gunslingers, do ya."

But my fave has to be the one by the sage below
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember laughin madly on a crowded bus because of a conversation between Eddie and Henry relating to a baked turkey. cant remember now but it was funny as hell.
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

Traveler ///Ficarra is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ///Ficarra View Post
    Roland remembers one of Cort's teachings: "Fault always lies in the same place: with those weak enough to lay blame."
    Quote Originally Posted by Randal Flagg View Post

"Fault always lies in the same place: With him weak enough to lay blame."
    -Cort

Traveler Cinder2007 is on a distinguished road

"Suppose that all worlds met in a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower. A staurway perhaps, to the Godhead itself. Would you dare, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality there exists a room?

You dare not."

"Someone has dared," the gunslinger said.

"Who would that be?"

"God," the gunslinger said softly.

Also i like,

The gunslinger waited for the time of the drawing and dreamed his long dreams of he Dark Tower, to which he would someday come at dusk and approach, winding his horn, to do some unimaginable final battle.

Now i have two questions.

What do they mean by his horn, and why did King change the strangers name from Maerlyn to Legion?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder2007 View Post
    "Suppose that all worlds met in a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower. A staurway perhaps, to the Godhead itself. Would you dare, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality there exists a room?

You dare not."

"Someone has dared," the gunslinger said.

"Who would that be?"

"God," the gunslinger said softly.

Also i like,

The gunslinger waited for the time of the drawing and dreamed his long dreams of he Dark Tower, to which he would someday come at dusk and approach, winding his horn, to do some unimaginable final battle.

Now i have two questions.

What do they mean by his horn, and why did King change the strangers name from Maerlyn to Legion?
    Hey,
    thank you for the great quotes.
    If I am right you have just read the first book. If I were in your shoes I would ask questions.. I mean it's a long series and you are reading it because you like it.
    You should be careful with the spoilers. If you keep asking questions you are gonna meet some.
    just my two cents

Roland would have understood.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post
    "Oh, Christ. I left the world i knew to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked up weasel. Shoot me, Roland, before i breed." - Eddie
    i'd forgotten this one, thanks bango made me laugh all over agai. i love the eddiesms

Traveler hotbaud87 is on a distinguished road

Default help - trying to locate a passage

I’m trying to find a really good passage from one of the DT books (I swear it’s from the last one) – but I can’t find it! I was hoping you could help me out – I’ve been flipping through the pages of the books and can’t find it! It’s a passage where Roland is walking along a road, in a town, I think, and thinking about the souls of his past falling into line behind him as he is pulling them along with him on his quest. Do you know the one I’m talking about? It’s driving me crazy!

Traveler mdk101 is on a distinguished road mdk101's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Is it enough to put me in the club? Am I a gunslinger yet?" - Callahan

"O Discordia"

"Ka like a wind" (when Eddie says it at the end of Wizard and Glass)

"Fuck Comalla" and in the same vein of Wolves, although I think Eddie uttered the latter in a later volume..."Oy! Eld! Thankee!"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mdk101 View Post
    "Is it enough to put me in the club? Am I a gunslinger yet?" - Callahan

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hotbaud87 View Post
    I’m trying to find a really good passage from one of the DT books (I swear it’s from the last one) – but I can’t find it! I was hoping you could help me out – I’ve been flipping through the pages of the books and can’t find it! It’s a passage where Roland is walking along a road, in a town, I think, and thinking about the souls of his past falling into line behind him as he is pulling them along with him on his quest. Do you know the one I’m talking about? It’s driving me crazy!
    Welcome to the site.
    If only I could help you. I hope someone will remember it. We have lots of great minds with incredible memory here.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Josh19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

"As for the end of the universe.....I say let it come as it will, in ice, fire, or darkness. What did the universe ever do for me that I should mind its welfare? All I know is that Roland of Gilead has lived too long and I want that son of a bitch in the ground." - Randall Flagg/Walter o' Dim

Traveler hotbaud87 is on a distinguished road

I appreciate any help anyone can give me to locate the quote I posted about a few days ago. Another great quote:

"Control the things you can control, Maggot, let everything else take a flying fuck at you. And if you must go down, go down with your guns a-blazing."

Traveler Ozymandias is on a distinguished road Ozymandias's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I appreciate any help anyone can give me to locate the quote I posted about a few days ago. Another great quote:

"Control the things you can control, Maggot, let everything else take a flying fuck at you. And if you must go down, go down with your guns a-blazing."
    I'm pretty sure it's The Drawing of the Three, but where exactly in it I'm not sure, though I'd guess towards the last third of the book.

My favorites:

We deal in lead. - Roland

"WHAT DOES THAT SIGNIFY, FOOLISH CREATURE?" -Blaine
    "It's the world's smallest violin, playing 'My Heart Pumps Purple Piss for You.'" - Eddie

If we were going to rape you, you would be one well-raped woman by now - Roland
    My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Gunslinger Apprentice Disincarnate is on a distinguished road Disincarnate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

"Because death was the gift that kept on giving. Dead, like diamonds, was forever."
    I really love this thread. It makes me want to re-read the books again.

Also, this quote is one of my favorites.

Along the Path of the Beam Wilbur is on a distinguished road Wilbur's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Its that kind of stuff right there that drew me to the books and has also, to a certain extent, made me question the very fabric of reality.
    Holy crap me too!! It's why I became a Tower Junkie. That passage changed the way I looked at the world and my place in it. The book literally changed my life. I was so worried it was just me.....I'm so happy I found this site!! Thank you for this

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Spoiler:
    Oh my God! That's so beautiful. Thank you for that post. I almost couldn't finish the book after I read that for the first time. My heart stopped. Even reading just now on your post and I'm tearing up.

Country
    Country Flag

It's from Wizard and Glass, Hotbaud. Roland and Cuthbert are riding into Hambry and they pass the Delgado house and Roland sees Susan.

"Roland looked up and saw Susan sitting in her window, a bright vision in the gray light of that fall morning. His heart leaped up and although he didn't know it then, it was how he would remember her most clearly forever after - lovely Susan, the girl at the window. So do we pass the ghosts that haunt us later in our lives; they sit undramatically by the roadside like poor beggars, and we see them only from the corners of our eyes, if we see them at all. The idea that they have been waiting there for us rarely if ever crosses our minds. Yet they do wait, and when we have passed, they gather up their bundles of memory and fall in behind, treading in our footsteps and catching up, little by little."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast