Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who/what would you like to be?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • a gunslinger

26 61.90%
  • a simple folk

6 14.29%
  • a taheen

2 4.76%
  • a billybumbler

1 2.38%
  • a low man

0 0%
  • a child of Roderick

0 0%
  • demon

0 0%
  • a vampire

1 2.38%
  • a breaker

2 4.76%
  • Manni

4 9.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: In the world of Roland what type of creature would you like to be? *spoilers*

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    It looks like everybody was being killed off or scared of muties, scared of being poisoned, and many other disasters, pillaging, etc.,. how were they really that happy?
    For my part I often felt Roland's world truer than ours... I might be sick to feel this way but that's the truth.
    I am sure the people in the Calla could be happy when they didn't think of their curse.
    The way I see it people can be happy and sad anywhere.

Roland would have understood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I'm with Liz on this, I don't think most of the folk in Mid-World are happy with everything falling apart at the seams. The Callas seem like the exception, with the exception to that being the Wolves stealing their kids every generation.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And how do we know there are no more many villages like the Calla?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Well we can only go by what Roland has said and what we see throughout the series. There might be other communities that are happy but it seems not. By the way there are many Callas remember?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Yes but NOBODY really lived a great life from what we saw...
    I'd say a hard life and a bad life are distinctly different. And a great life can be both greatly good and greatly bad. I'm sure they had lives filled with both joy and sorrow, as all of us do.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    i think that the manni rule (n so far im the one vote for em) theyre like a combination of budhism and doctor-who, word traveling mystic is the job 4 me, remember roland and his (2nd) ka tet r the only gunslingers 2 travel the way the manni do, id want to travel the multiverse
    Same here. And they know so much more than anyone else does anyway so why only 2 manni and so many gunslingers ? This totally lacks logic, doesn't it ?
    I have to admit I had a hard time choosing between the 2, though.

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't live like a Manni. I can't live without roots.. I know they have roots and they know where they belong to but they are big travellers and I can't imagine myself as a big traveller. I love travelling but it couldn't be my lifestyle.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love travelling as I've told you and it could actually be my lifestyle as long as I stayed enough time in one place to become familiar with it. Anyway, the Manni interested me a lot because they're way more knowledgeable than all the other creatures in Roland's world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3