Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Poetry Circle - 3 Words...

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

as a mod, can you delete the first two posts of mine, Letti?

and thanks.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    as a mod, can you delete the first two posts of mine, Letti?

and thanks.
    I would do it with pleasure but sadly I am not a mod here. I am a Mod but just in Mid-World.
    But Jean can do it anytime.

Roland would have understood.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

ok, i'll ask him to.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Good stuff all around. See, this is why I am always wary of posting my stuff. It's like tossing a little grain among poetic giants.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy

we're all rookies here, chris, just toss your grain amongst us chickens

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this thread sticky? Woooow. Amazing.
    I wish I could play as well. *sigh*

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Why can't you? She used your explanation, but picked different words. Play away.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

I used to play it a lot as I have said but just in Hungarian. I loved it sooo much.
    I love and respect rhymes too much.. I can't write without them. And shame on me my English is poor for it. That's the truth.
    But it's great to read your works so keep on writing.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nikolett, if I can play it, so can you.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Nikolett, if I can play it, so can you.
    Jean, I wouldn't like to argue about it because this thread is about poems and not arguments but believe me - I cannot. Your English is amazingly rich and prefect.
    *hugs*
    But I will be in this thread a lot.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

OK, are we ready for new words?

tree
    spasm
    rhetoric
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice The_Nameless is on a distinguished road The_Nameless's Avatar

You spout your boorish rhetoric
    cutting through skin and bone, to pierce the very heart of the problem.

A lack of passion guides these words
    penetrating my hide with a spasm of incomprehension.

It seems the foundation of our tree has been torn asunder
    sending the leaves afloat - endlessly falling, helpless to their fate.

Destructive words pour forth from your lips
    leaving no doubt of your intentions, however cruel they may be.

I try to say something - anything to make you change course, forgive these atrocious actions I have commited.
    I try to say anything meaningful, but my words come out jumbled and blurry in their purpose.

Next you turn, walking out. Heel, toe, heel - a rhythmic goodbye to leave me in befuddlement.
    "Help me out here
    All my words are falling short
    And there's so much I want to say"

My Mood
    Breezy

the sound of your empty rhetoric
    makes my mind spasm,
    your stupidity on display
    with your mindless elocquence
    makes a vacuous void of your vapid verbiage
    the dim droning words issuing from your dunce mouth
    dialing in the pain to my brain

shut up, you fat lazy cow!

the senseless vomit from your mouth
    burns the very roots of my tree of sanity
    one more barrage of your boring boorish brand of dementia
    might release a million pent up frustrations,
    freeing myriads of murderous thoughts into the mainstream
    of my mentality.

i might just kill your dumb ass. and no i didn't capitalize my eyes.

:whooooooooew:

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Now THAT'S a "Dear John" letter for the record books!

My Mood
    Breezy

lol, a wee bit angry, i guess.

but it wasn't directed at my wife.

just venting.

I wish I was single so I could use it!

My Mood
    Breezy

haha, i don't think it's that great. Just felt like playing with alliteration.

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Do ye ken the tale of Ol' Henry Lee?
    Who died under this here apple tree?
    Who's wife had her a spasm,
    And fell into that dad-burn chasm
    From their dang rhetoric, we'll all be freed.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you LadyGan, you've just made my day

I'm partial to limericks, but even if I wasn't, it's hilarious.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had time to write anything else for this, but I have been keeping up with the thread, and enjoying it immensely.

Gunslinger Apprentice The_Nameless is on a distinguished road The_Nameless's Avatar

I really enjoyed the direction you went with this, LadyGan.

Actually, this has become my favourite thread. It is so interesting to see the different directions people can take three simple words.
    "Help me out here

I'm liking this as well!

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nameless View Post
    I really enjoyed the direction you went with this, LadyGan.

Actually, this has become my favourite thread. It is so interesting to see the different directions people can take three simple words.
    me 3!

I composed this one while drunk. I may regret posting it in the morning.

Rhetoric and some stuff, blah blah blah blah.
    I hear nothing because your beautiful
    Eyes consume me like deafening holy fire
    I really wish I could listen, I do.

I spasm and convulse under your harsh
    Scrutiny and desire for something
    That will make you forget the past and live
    For the future, with you and me as one

Reaching for love like trees towards the sunlight
    I grasp at whatever will sustain me
    In the end, I am not sure what will be
    Or if the tree of you and me will live

You might regret it in the morning, but I enjoyed it.

I particularly like the first line: "Rhetoric and some stuff, blah blah blah"
    It's good to see humor involved.
    "Help me out here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast