Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Post DT Depression and Post DT booklist

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    At least he was smiling when he got it.

**honeybuns make me smile**
    There goes Matt sprinkling happiness again.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razz2008 View Post
    back to my first point, i almost choked someone a week after i finished. I was reading the new Crichton novel while waiting for the bell at school, and some friends showed up and wanted to start a hack circle. one of them got to where i got pissed at him, so when i get a serve, i hit the hack three times and busted him in the throat. he was eatin' a honey bun at the time.
    Did you kill him?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am really not having DTs, there is always the re-read.

What really broke my heart was the ending of Harry Potter. That gave me DTs. I want more! At least Roland came to an "end", Rowling teased us with a glimpse of the future!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Speaking of Dark Tower DT's I know another thing that would help, that Little Sisters of Edition Special Edition coming out, any updates Karen?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Awwwww guess not.. hey I thought I'd try.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Speaking of Dark Tower DT's I know another thing that would help, that Little Sisters of Edition Special Edition coming out, any updates Karen?
    sorry, I left..lol

But nope...nothing new to add
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    sorry, I left..lol

But nope...nothing new to add
    Or nothing new you will?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

no, i didn't kill him.
    but reading "L.S.o.E" did help. it was like walking through the great desert, and getting to the way station just in time..

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I jones every day. That's why most days I end up here.

no, i didn't kill him.
    but reading "L.S.o.E" did help. it was like walking through the great desert, and getting to the way station just in time..
    Little Sisters is a great story if you're in need of some Dark Tower but don't want to to do a whole re-read of the series yet.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I went up to the bookstore the other day and planned to buy Gunslinger Born. I then saw that it was 25 bux, and i only had 20.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We're giving the entire thing away in our giveaway Razz--the omnibus and the individual comics with a slip case.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

so what do i gotta do to win this prize?
    do you just draw a name from a hat with a list of members, or do i need to donate to enter?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its only for folks that have donated but 10.00 bucks gets you an entry

20 bucks gets two and so on...

kk. thnx

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

**shameless plug**

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

10 of the dark tower bucks?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No. That would not be very giving and generous...to give fake money. Matt is talking about real money donations.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could accept beam bucks

but yeah, this is for the real thing only.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

back to my first point, i almost choked someone a week after i finished. I was reading the new Crichton novel while waiting for the bell at school, and some friends showed up and wanted to start a hack circle. one of them got to where i got pissed at him, so when i get a serve, i hit the hack three times and busted him in the throat. he was eatin' a honey bun at the time.
    Did you kill him?
    All_Hail's response to that just made me laugh way more than it probably should have.

I completely went through PDTD when I finished the series. I was just so so sad that nothing else was new anymore. I may have even teared up a few times.

<-----wimp.

But I grew to realize I could always do a re-read and be right back there with the Ka-tet. And it's even better now with the new comics.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I completely went through PDTD when I finished the series. I was just so so sad that nothing else was new anymore. I may have even teared up a few times.
    Yep. Same feelings here.

<-----wimp.
    Not you.

But I grew to realize I could always do a re-read and be right back there with the Ka-tet. And it's even better now with the new comics.
    Right-on, little sister.

but you can only re-read so many times, i'm on like my seventh.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This my friend is so wrong. I have basically lost count on rereads. I know the Gunslinger (for me) is somewhere between 20 and 25 times.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

This my friend is so wrong. I have basically lost count on rereads. I know the Gunslinger (for me) is somewhere between 20 and 25 times.

Brice is so right. There isn't any such thing as "too many re-reads" for the Dark Tower Series.

anyways, this condition happens to me often.
    -when i beat and sold Skies of Arcadia.
    -After i Sold Tales of Symphonia
    -After finishing The Dark Tower
    -After I disposed of my first computer when it broke down.
    I could go on with this list

But the point is that i put hours of time into this, only for it to all go away in the end. such a pity, really.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast