Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pop Of King - a complete listing

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that is what he said

CRinVA: didnt you forget the following one in your list?

MY FEVER PITCH OBSESSION
    Posted Apr 04, 2005 | Published in issue #814 Apr 08, 2005
    available online at:
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1043941,00.html

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    So "So Good It's Scary" isn't a Pop of King column? Just so I get it right.
    That's right! It was in the special pullout section in the middle if the magazine. All POP articles are on the last page inside the cover.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

am looking for the following columns:

#759 4/9/2004 Enquiring Minds
    #795 12/3/2004 The Joy of Sox

Can anyone help me?

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I have "Enquiring Minds..." as a PDF file.

CRinVA, you write there's 80 columns, and I say there's 81, so if you're right, one more must be it's only article like "The Sideshow has Left Town" and "So Good It's Scary."

I really can't wait to get Justin's book. I have it ordered through OCP (Overlook Coonection Press) and will get notified when they receive one more stack. They were obviously sold out fast.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

CRinVA, you write there's 80 columns, and I say there's 81, so if you're right, one more must be it's only article like "The Sideshow has Left Town" and "So Good It's Scary."

I really can't wait to get Justin's book. I have it ordered through OCP (Overlook Coonection Press) and will get notified when they receive one more stack. They were obviously sold out fast.
    DC I have Justin's book but have not had the chance to go over it thoroughly to determine the correct # of EW appearances. But I will get to it and hope to nail this down. it's great that readers of this column have helped me to egt this list correct - thanks!

Spoiler:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I have Justin's book and think that it is fantastic. We collectors have needed an updated King bibliography for a long time. Michael Collings' THE WORK OF STEPHEN KING published by Borgo in 1996 was great and I have about worn my copy out looking things up in it. But it is 12 years old!

I hated HORROR PLUM'D. I was so disappointed with the effort (or lack of it) that Dave Hinchberger and Collings put into this book. Published by The Overlook Connection Press in 2002 it was supposed to be an updated version but I found the layout extemely difficult to use. I had hoped that the many mistakes (typos and factual) in the 1996 edition would be corrected but they weren't. I'll bet I haven't used my copy more than four or five times in the six years I have owned it. What a wasted effort, IMO.

Justin's book, however, is really great. Very easy to look things up. Of course the problem with a prolific writer like King is that books like this are outdated by the time they are published. The last "Pop of King" column in Justin's book is Jan. 20, 2006 "Just Askin'".

There are two addenda books and in the second one the last "Pop of King" I can find is Dec. 28, 2007 - Jan. 4, 2008 "2007: My Top Books".

If you can get a copy of the book that also includes the two addenda booklets you should do so and even with them the entries stop at the beginning of 2008. An unavoidable problem.

I wonder if Justin would consider publishing a yearly update?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am going through Justin's book right now listing all the corrections that need to be made. I've found quite a few so far, but nothing major.

Well, he did ask us to do it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the book and the two addenda, but I haven't gone into them very deeply. I do like the idea of a yearly update, though.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I have Justin's book and think that it is fantastic. We collectors have needed an updated King bibliography for a long time. Michael Collings' THE WORK OF STEPHEN KING published by Borgo in 1996 was great and I have about worn my copy out looking things up in it. But it is 12 years old!

I hated HORROR PLUM'D. I was so disappointed with the effort (or lack of it) that Dave Hinchberger and Collings put into this book. Published by The Overlook Connection Press in 2002 it was supposed to be an updated version but I found the layout extemely difficult to use. I had hoped that the many mistakes (typos and factual) in the 1996 edition would be corrected but they weren't. I'll bet I haven't used my copy more than four or five times in the six years I have owned it. What a wasted effort, IMO.

Justin's book, however, is really great. Very easy to look things up. Of course the problem with a prolific writer like King is that books like this are outdated by the time they are published. The last "Pop of King" column in Justin's book is Jan. 20, 2006 "Just Askin'".

There are two addenda books and in the second one the last "Pop of King" I can find is Dec. 28, 2007 - Jan. 4, 2008 "2007: My Top Books".

If you can get a copy of the book that also includes the two addenda booklets you should do so and even with them the entries stop at the beginning of 2008. An unavoidable problem.

which books are you talking about?
    the primary bibliography?
    the non fiction?

other?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

which books are you talking about?
    the primary bibliography?
    the non fiction?

other?
    I was talking about Justin Brooks' newest release from CD...the primary bibliography. The other books I referred to are mentioned by name.

Country
    Country Flag

i recieved it.. but in France so cant have a look at it, but it looked pretty interesting!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

In "Playing Against Hype", new in the 6/6/08 issue, SK discusses the new novel by Andre Dubus III, The Garden of Last Days, and the difference between buzz and hype.

Country
    Country Flag

so it will soon be online :-)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated listing on page 1 - Playing Against Hype still not online!

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

still not online...
    when is it usually put online?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested, a set of 92 issues on sale on ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-Ent...QQcmdZViewItem

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Why would anyone collect all those isses and never read them - not for the investment, as I am sure they will not sell for his stated Worth!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

Why would anyone collect all those isses and never read them - not for the investment, as I am sure they will not sell for his stated Worth!
    Just for the joy of building a collection, I guess. I've got all of them. Bought at a store so there are no mailing labels on any of my copies. I've carefully read the King column in each but otherwise my copies are as new. It's just part of building my collection of every piece of fiction and nonfiction King has published. (All of the ones that I can get, of course. There are quite a few that I am looking for.) Investment potential has never been a real driving force with me.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

Just for the joy of building a collection, I guess. I've got all of them. Bought at a store so there are no mailing labels on any of my copies. I've carefully read the King column in each but otherwise my copies are as new. It's just part of building my collection of every piece of fiction and nonfiction King has published. (All of the ones that I can get, of course. There are quite a few that I am looking for.) Investment potential has never been a real driving force with me.
    Bob-
    Then you really ARE a certified obsessive/compulsive collector! Congratulations.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Bob-
    Then you really ARE a certified obsessive/compulsive collector!
    I guess so. I was also sort of surprised by the question of why someone would collect these columns. I would turn that around and ask "Why wouldn't you?" Nonfiction columns like these "The Pop of King" columns are as bibliographically significant as the "King's Garbage Truck" columns in The Maine Campus newspapers, the book review columns in the Adelina magazines or any other nonfiction piece he has written. They are easily obtainable and very affordable. They sure seem collectible to me.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was actually going to start a thread about this subject called..."for love or money?".

I think its an interesting topic about weather most of our collectors collect for the investment value of the items (I know they are down now but may not always be) or for the sheer joy of collecting or a combination of both.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not actually THAT interested in most of King's non-fiction. I get it when I can, but I don't go out of my way (as I would have to to get the Entertainment Weekly magazines) to get copies. I'm watching this complete set--but I don't know if I'll bid or not. I AM obsessive about King's fictional output, though. It's just me.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'm not actually THAT interested in most of King's non-fiction. I get it when I can, but I don't go out of my way (as I would have to to get the Entertainment Weekly magazines) to get copies. I'm watching this complete set--but I don't know if I'll bid or not. I AM obsessive about King's fictional output, though. It's just me.

John
    And me.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I collect the columns, but I don't care about having them in their original forms. If they show up online, I'll print them out for my file. If not, I'll photocopy them from the library.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Bob-
    Then you really ARE a certified obsessive/compulsive collector!
    I guess so. I was also sort of surprised by the question of why someone would collect these columns. I would turn that around and ask "Why wouldn't you?" Nonfiction columns like these "The Pop of King" columns are as bibliographically significant as the "King's Garbage Truck" columns in The Maine Campus newspapers, the book review columns in the Adelina magazines or any other nonfiction piece he has written. They are easily obtainable and very affordable. They sure seem collectible to me.
    Bob, maybe I wasn't clear in my rhetorical question. What I meant was this. This set is new, in pristince condition, never read. Since they were never read I assumed they were bought just to resell at some time later and that makes no sense. These are not appreciating in value! Yes I am collecting htem all - as one can see from the list on the front page I have all but a couple. Just publishing this list has let me know of issues that I somehow missed or were thrown away (my wife hates the magazines hagning around). I have found 4 on ebay for less than $2 each and now think I am only a couple short of a complete set.

And by the way, I read through them totally. Every issue. Of course I look to the back right away to see if there is a Pop Of King, but then sometimes you find a King article within, like those 24 and Lost pull outs last year! And all my copies have a mailing lable printed on them. Not a problem as I never plan on letting the set go! :-)

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast