Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sweet! i just found a Dark Tower reference in Doctor who

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Spoiler:
    the top of the DW tower has a ring, meant for anyone who wishes to become king.
    the Crimson King wished to reach the top of the DT tower in order to rule.

now get this:
    Spoiler:
    when one puts on the ring at the top of the DW tower, they turn to stone, as a trap for evil rulers.
    When Roland reaches the top of the DT tower, he encounters waht is basically a trap, (because he apparently needed the Horn of Eld)

see any connection? it's a stretch, but still...

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tenuous but yes, something there indeed.

And yes the Sontarans are the potato heads. The updated designs are really good.

I suppose another tenuous connection would be the TARDIS itself. True destruction of a tardis won't destroy the universe, but from a power point of view there is something there. I'm thinking of when Rose looked into the heart of the tardis and absorbed it's essence. It gave her almost godlike powers allowing her to know everything, bring back the dead, atomize enemies, send stuff through time, manipulate matter etc. Course it would have killed her if she'd retained it, sacrifices and all that.

Spoiler:

Course that doesn't happen in the Dark Tower, but I imagine that's the kind of power some would hope to receive if they ever get to the top room

I'm really clutching at straws aren't I?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I'm really clutching at straws aren't I?
    when it comes to the dark tower, or almost anything we don't fully understand, that's all we can do

alright, i found one from the episode "love and Monsters". at the end the guy quotes The Dark Tower, saying that Salvation and Damnation are the same thing. I believe this is From the 7th novel

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

"But the way of the gun is the way of damnation as well as salvation; in the end there is no difference."

Odetta to Susannah
    Song of Susannah

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

One--Martha wasn't commanding at UNIT was she? I thought when she was "commanding" troops, it was her as the clone?

And TWO--I recently watched the 5 Doctors and remember a few things that in retrospect may make you go "hmm". The "Love & Monsters" quote is cool, too.

I've found that Davies & Moffat (the two main writers) tend to pay ode to a lot of things they enjoy outside of Who...there was a great Hitchhiker's reference in Tennant's first Christmas special.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2