Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcade problems

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

sooooooo. you're saying it's me then. damn. i was hoping it was the game.

i just spent 5 hours with the bookworm. can you say addictive? and i must tell you my dear bear i am most impressed with you. that score in just 40 minutes!!!!!!! all i can say is WOW! i remain your humble servant.

p.s. i hope we've all figured out by now that my only problem with the arcade is addiction.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

::modestly bows::

there's a trick about bookworm, too... once you learn how to quickly make those bonus words, you can get there very quickly (with some luck)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"anditoldthemiftheymovemyofficeonemoretimeiwouldju stburndownthebuilding"

anyway. two serious questions now that i've quoted milton.

1. why won't mahjong (regular version) let me progress past level one now that i've kicked it's skanky ass { }. i've done it over and over and still can't get to level two. ::annoyedturtle::

2. you know how everywhere else on the site you get a little pop-up window when you have a new pm? why not in the arcade?

say thankya.

is the arcade glitches thread over in odd's lane obsolete?

1. why won't mahjong (regular version) let me progress past level one now that i've kicked it's skanky ass { }. i've done it over and over and still can't get to level two. ::annoyedturtle::

2. you know how everywhere else on the site you get a little pop-up window when you have a new pm? why not in the arcade?

say thankya.

p.s. i think #2 is the more important question personally.
    #1 is just a kind of bitch and moan question if you get my meaning.

ETA: don't hesitate to respond to this with a "we see you, we hear you, we're busy as hell and we'll get to you when we get to you" message.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    I took the liberty of stealing it and merging it with this. It seems to be more of a technical help thread and I really don't see a need for two of the same type threads in different forums.

say thankya.

p.s. i think #2 is the more important question personally.
    #1 is just a kind of bitch and moan question if you get my meaning.

ETA: don't hesitate to respond to this with a "we see you, we hear you, we're busy as hell and we'll get to you when we get to you" message.
    1. Someone with more technical ability than the manager over the tech forums will have to answer this.

2. As with most things involving you it's a conspiracy.

thankya

ETA:

We see you, we hear you, we're busy as hell
    Spoiler:
    playing in the arcade
    and we'll get to you.
    Spoiler:
    ....eventually.

Spoiler:
    Seriously, I'll have to leave this for someone who knows this stuff better than me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question One is unsolvable. It has been discussed since we came into existence.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the answer for question two is that if you're playing a game like Tetris in the arcade and you get a pop up PM notification, it will screw up your game because that window will pop to the front.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I believe the answer for question two is that if you're playing a game like Tetris in the arcade and you get a pop up PM notification, it will screw up your game because that window will pop to the front.

what a horrible, nightmarish picture!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And it may just be the person who's score your trying to beat sending you PMs to thwart you beating them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, hadn't thought of that. That is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I took the liberty of stealing it and merging it with this. It seems to be more of a technical help thread and I really don't see a need for two of the same type threads in different forums.
    see, there you go taking liberties again.

1. Someone with more technical ability than the manager over the tech forums will have to answer this.

2. As with most things involving you it's a conspiracy.

thankya
    wow. YOU'RE acknowledging that someone has more ability than you? ::faints::

oh, and i just knew it was a conspiracy.

ETA:

We see you, we hear you, we're busy as hell
    Spoiler:
    playing in the arcade
    and we'll get to you.
    Spoiler:
    ....eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Question One is unsolvable. It has been discussed since we came into existence.
    ah. so it's a timeless problem with no real solution except perhaps a shift in time/space reality

that makes total sense. although i don't play tetris, a lot of those games are timed with no pause button. you're brilliant.

And it may just be the person who's score your trying to beat sending you PMs to thwart you beating them.
    you know, you would be the one who thought of this. i like that about you!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I've noticed wicked slowdash only at night while playing Ms. Pacman.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well there is definitely something wrong with flip words.
    i can't get beyond 40,275 (60th out of 87) having played it 1733 times.

it obviously can't be me right? so it must be that f'n game.

Begin by looking for words that begin with vowels. There have to be a few of them in every phrase and vowels can give you some early hints.

· Be careful you don't make a tough word even tougher. If you need a "Z" don't make "tip" from "zip." You don't know if other letters that work with "Z" will pop up.

· Use all the tries to get the phrase bonus. You get extra points for having tries leftover but no where near the 10,000 point bonus for filling in the phrase. But don't forget, you have to complete the phrase, one way or the other, to keep the game going.

· Keep an eye on the list of used letters in the upper left-hand corner. Don't use a first letter twice, unless it's a really big word.

· The list of used letters can also help you with what words are not in the phrase. If you tried "D" and there's still a "_ig" in the phrase, it's not "dig."

· Use the "free" and "double" letters, but never use the "free" letter as a first letter. It's free so you should get two letters for one guess. Use the "double" or "triple" letters when you've got a pretty good score to begin with or when you're running out of guesses and you need to fill the meter.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And remember the Wheel of Fortune rule: R, S, T, L, N, and E are the most common letters in the English alphabet. Try to get words starting with those letters early on - it will usually solve a lot of the phrase for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Begin by looking for words that begin with vowels. There have to be a few of them in every phrase and vowels can give you some early hints.

· Be careful you don't make a tough word even tougher. If you need a "Z" don't make "tip" from "zip." You don't know if other letters that work with "Z" will pop up.

· Use all the tries to get the phrase bonus. You get extra points for having tries leftover but no where near the 10,000 point bonus for filling in the phrase. But don't forget, you have to complete the phrase, one way or the other, to keep the game going.

· Keep an eye on the list of used letters in the upper left-hand corner. Don't use a first letter twice, unless it's a really big word.

· The list of used letters can also help you with what words are not in the phrase. If you tried "D" and there's still a "_ig" in the phrase, it's not "dig."

· Use the "free" and "double" letters, but never use the "free" letter as a first letter. It's free so you should get two letters for one guess. Use the "double" or "triple" letters when you've got a pretty good score to begin with or when you're running out of guesses and you need to fill the meter.
    okay, i've been doing all of this but NEVER and i mean NEVER has it given me a 10,000 point bonus for anything. not even solving the damn puzzle. so wtf?

And remember the Wheel of Fortune rule: R, S, T, L, N, and E are the most common letters in the English alphabet. Try to get words starting with those letters early on - it will usually solve a lot of the phrase for you.
    yeah - i try to do the vowels and these. plus m seems to pop up a lot.

thanks for the help guys. at this point i just want to beat my own score. i couldn't care less about anyone else's score. ::frustrated::

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i just got a score on snake, and it put it down as razz2008. i thought i should mention this for nayone who has had a name change.

Along the Path of the Beam Seppe-sai is on a distinguished road Seppe-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have problems with the tournaments? I've been unable to move on to the second round of my mahjongg tournament, even though all first round matches are done.

ooops. it put odetta in the wrong bracket. for some reason she ended up on your side of the tournament so no one on your side can advance any farther. i wonder if the ptb can fix that or if the tournament will have to start all over with the same group of people?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

(no seriously, is there a way to fix this?)
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've scored pretty high with Flip Words, BUT NEVER NEVER have I received 10,000 points for getting the phrase correct! you play this dam game enough and you start to remember the phrases! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

okay, i've been doing all of this but NEVER and i mean NEVER has it given me a 10,000 point bonus for anything. not even solving the damn puzzle. so wtf?

yeah - i try to do the vowels and these. plus m seems to pop up a lot.

thanks for the help guys. at this point i just want to beat my own score. i couldn't care less about anyone else's score. ::frustrated::
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post

(no seriously, is there a way to fix this?)
    I'll look into it you guys, I might be able to move folks around on the back end.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the only thing I can do is replace a player, it doesn't allow you to move them around once the thing has started.

I would think the only way to solve it is to start over.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am doing my best in the arcade, I haven't found any problems there tho'.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

god knows i'm in there enough and other than it seeming to go back to old names (if you've had a name change) and the mahjong game apparently attempting to become sentient, it seems fine to me. poor razzle dazzle, his highscore will forever more be razz2008 or whatever his old membername was.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast