Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I started reading Watchmen this weekend. Only about three chapters in, but I'm hooked.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I downloaded pdf's of the first issues of a bunch of Vertigo titles for free () on their website:http://www.dccomics.com/sites/vertigo_num1s/.

Swamp Thing was good. I really want to see how Moore developed it.
    Hellblazer was awesome. John Constantine is one of my fave characters.
    Lucifer was interesting, but it didn't really grab me.
    I really want to read the rest of 100 Bullets.
    Animal Man kicked ass. I can't wait to pick up the trades.
    Doom Patrol = :love: I would sell my body to science to get money for the trades.
    Preacher was intriguing. So was Sanman Mystery Theatre.
    I really need to get the trades of Transmet.
    I also downloaded Fables, Jack of Fables, The Books of Magic, Scalped, the Losers, The Un-Men, Vinyl Underground, Army@Love and American Virgin, but have yet to read them.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Started The Dark Knight Returns last night, and I'm still working on Watchmen.
    I finish one of these and I'm onto Y:Vol 3.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I just finished volumes 1 and 2 of Batman: Hush. Not my favorite, but Jim Lee has become my favorite Batman artist. Last night on Amazon I managed to find a copy of the first collected volume of Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so I'm pretty excited about getting to read that.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Amazing Spider #569 and #570 a few days ago. I need to pick up the next two issues sometime during the upcoming week.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Doom Patrol. It's possibly my favorite thing ever.

Traveler frankybeans is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default spawn

spawn used to be an awesome comic. its still ok, got too weird and the original story is over. still, some of the best art out there

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Doom Patrol. It's possibly my favorite thing ever.
    After I finish Y and Fables, I plan to start this series along with Transmetropolitan.

A couple of new additions:

Eternals # 1
    The Amazing Spider Man # 571
    Marvel - 1985 , 4 of 6
    Deadpool # 1
    Secret Invasion , 6 of 8
    The Dark Tower : Treacher # 1
    The Stand # 1

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read The Stand Captain Trips. I have TDT Treachery but i haven't read Long road Home yet. Should i read that first, does it go in order? No spoilers though please [And i have read Gunslinger Born]

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It goes very much in order so I would say if you can get The Long Road Home, you probably should.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In order, definitely.

Hail, Odin Sol is on a distinguished road Sol's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently re-reading/buying Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis and Darrick Robertson.

I love this series! ^_^

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What other Graphic Novel series have you read/are you planning on reading, Sol?

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Currently re-reading/buying Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis and Darrick Robertson.

I love this series! ^_^
    Transmet is great! I tore through them pretty fast. I love it when Spider gets into gun fights...he kicks ass.

:Bowel Disruptor:

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Arthur - I got Y vol 9 waiting for me at home!

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thats Skol to you buddy I look forward to you finishing the series...

See us both in the black

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I finished TDK Returns and Y:One Small Step earlier.
    I think I'm gonna check out Preacher just cause the first two volumes have been sitting on my shelf for a while, and I got nothing else right now. Hey, that's reason enough for me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, everyone's been raving about Preacher lately...even the girl at that Halloween store, she just wouldn't shut up!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I finished TDK Returns and Y:One Small Step earlier.
    I think I'm gonna check out Preacher just cause the first two volumes have been sitting on my shelf for a while, and I got nothing else right now. Hey, that's reason enough for me.
    Preacher, hands down, is my absolute favorite series. As much as I rave about Y, it has nothing on Preacher. Even in Y, Vaughn pays homage to the Preacher series by having a Zippo that says 'Fuck Communism', which comes directly from Preacher. Yorrick says 'I read it in a comic once.' It also has an extremely hard drinking, Irish vampire that doesnt take shite from anyone. You cant beat that. It has the greatest ending that I have ever read in comic history.
    Ok, I'll stop Preaching. Pun intended.

See us both in the black

Finished 2nd vol of Preacher. This is one f'd up story so far.
    Cassidy is very cool.

Spoiler:
    Jesse's family is/was a bunch of freaking sickos. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see anyone in a comic get killed.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Omens: The Nice And Accurate Prophecies Of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong thread Brice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Finished 2nd vol of Preacher. This is one f'd up story so far.
    Cassidy is very cool.

Spoiler:
    Jesse's family is/was a bunch of freaking sickos. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see anyone in a comic get killed.
    Spoiler:
    I love it when Cassidy drives the pickup right into the Saint of Killlers, cursing as he does so, thereby throwing him out the window.

Future volumes extremely good also. Without giving too much away for spoilers there is a lot of back story about Jesses father that comes to fruition, which is very good. And of course the weird, disgusting, way out there shit just keeps coming and coming.

See us both in the black

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Wrong thread Brice
    Unless they made a comic of it? It wouldnt surprise me, Gaiman has turned a few of his novels into graphic ones.

See us both in the black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast