Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Issue 41?!
    I don't see me possessing that much patience.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Issue 41?!
    I don't see me possessing that much patience.
    Skip ahead. It won't kill you.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I don't know if my OCD tendencies would allow it.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I don't know if my OCD tendencies would allow it.
    Pretend it's Vol. 4 Issue 1, instead of issue 41.

...Won't work.
    My mind is crafty. No sneaking things past it, I tell ya.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Identity Crisis never happened. It's all lies, it never happened or was published ever. Brad Meltzer has never worked for DC Comics, it never happened. You're mistaken. La la la la la la la la la.
    Blasphemy. Identity Crisis was awesome.
    When exactly was it awesome? Was it when an innocent and fun Sue Dibny was murdered, the positive pregnency test in the gift wrapped box that her husband found afterwards, or when she was being raped? Was it when Green Arrow went completely against character and voted to brainwash Batman? Maybe it was during the investigation when half the heroes they had in the Dibny's apartment could've easily figured out who the killer was by sniffing the air? Perhaps it was awesome when they killed Jack Drake and Captain Boomerang and all we got in return was a Captain Boomerang with no accent and an eyebrow ring?

A good comics story is supposed to give back to the continuity, but all this story did was take. We lost the Dibny's, The Atom & Jean Loring, Robin's dad, Captain Boomerang and trust in the JLA.

Style over substance, and too many comics readers focused on Meltzer's flashy hand, and didn't see the other hand shoveling crap on to the DCU.

We had this taken away:

And we were given this:

I don't know where the awesome comes in, because all I see is tragedy and loss.
    Well, I liked it. I cried. And it was my introduction to the DC universe. It led up to a great Ralph Dibny story in 52 that ended with him and Sue as ghost detectives.

And the current JLA wouldn't do any of that kind of thing. But you're right about Green Arrow(my fave) acting out of character. That was stupid, cause Meltzer could have easily written it so that GA was against the entire thing.

I picked up Y:The Last Man / Unmanned the other day. I'm about to start on chapter three and I'm already enjoying it a lot.

Spoiler:
    I just read the part where Yorick runs into the woman with the garbage truck full of men's bodies. Her grabbing his package and saying: "You're a real man...But just barely." got me really cracked up. And then the poor guy gets body slammed after sneaking up on his mom. Damn!

I'm already digging Yorick.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up [I]Y:The Last Man...
    I knew it was only a matter of time.

Well that comic guy from the Simpsons did say it was good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to do this to you Amanda (not really), but :

The Watchmen.

"Hate" to...yeah sure (rolls eyes)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I reread Watchmen the other day... it gets better every time. How the hell did Alan Moore do that?

I just finished The Sandman:The Doll's House and Y:The Last Man / Unmanned... (And I greatly enjoyed both of these. I'm sure I'll go into more debt come pay day next week picking up the next vol. on these two.

Next I will start either: Hellboy: Weird Tales or Jack Of Fables:The (Nearly) Great Escape

...Or both

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Just finished Hellboy: The Conqueror Worm. I'm starting the first volume of a manga published by Dark Horse called Berserk. Its pretty good so far; the story matches the art and after checking out the hype machine that is Naruto, this has restored my faith in manga.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Naruto made me cry.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished X-Men - Rise and Fall Of The Shiar Empire. Awesome X-Men romp staring 'second string' characters. Outside Whedon best X story Ive read in years.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Y : Vol 6 yesterday night

Also, I'm ashamed to admit - I picked up Spider Man - Brand New Day # 22.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to pick up Comic Book Tattoo today and I'm super excited. I love Tori Amos and can't wait to see what has been done.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just read issue # 5 of Cemetery Dance - Grave Tales.

Has some great art work by Glenn Chadbourne in it.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Started Y: Vol 2 last night.
    (I'm in with the pic on page 50)

I was gonna pick up The Watchmen, but they are all on backorder.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

New Additions:

The Walking Dead Vol. 8 (TPB)
    Y : The Last Man Vol. 7
    Batman R.I.P #676
    Batman R.I.P #677
    Simon Dark #1

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Masques II with Stephen King
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just finished the Watchmen #2 of 12, bout to keep going. i like this book so far, can't wait to see the movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You bought the individual issues?

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

I went to the comic shop on Sunday, and paid more than I really wanted to spend (which happens EVERY damn time I go there, what can I say, I'm weak willed), and I've been doing the same thing I always do when I get new comics; read through them at damn near the speed of sound the day I get them, then slowly reread them over the next couple days. I'm really liking this Wolverine story arc "Old Man Logan", but Ultimate Spiderman is a little dissapointing; this story was okay when it was the Ultimate Spidey video game, but having already played that, it's redundant to me.

Was anyone else kinda dissapointed in the last two issues of "Long Road Home"? I'm not gonna get into why (mostly because I'm too lazy to deal with spoiler tags at the moment), but it kinda let me down a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast