Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think The Last Halloween is my new favorite Batman TPB.

Gunslinger Apprentice LemurJones is on a distinguished road

I just read American Splendor by Harvey Pekar.

I really loved the movie and I'm really glad that I liked the graphic novel too.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I just polished off Supreme Power 1-12 in two nights.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Newest additions to my personal library:

Fables Vol. 9
    Y : The Last Man Vol. 2
    Secret Invasion - 3 of 8
    The Dark Tower - 4 of 5
    Final Crisis - 1 of 7

On FC - I'm not really much of a DC fan outside of Batman, but I figured I'd pick up Final Crisis since it looked promising. I read the first issue yesterday, and I gotta admit I have no idea what the hell is going on. I felt as if every page is from a different comic book, and the fact that I don't recognize %75 of the characters probably doesn't help. I wonder if I should just cut my losses and not pick up the remaining volumes as they're released, or...

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Planetary Vol. 2 & 3
    Ex Machina Vol. 3 (cant start until vol 1-2 come in the mail)
    Ocean

As far as the DC thing Feev, why is it every major story arc in DC called Crisis?
    Just to name a few:
    Crisis on Infinite Earths
    Zero Crisis
    Identity Crisis
    and finally
    Final Crisis

We get it already. Sheesh

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really have no idea, I guess they think it's a smart marketing strategy? *shrug*

And apparently many people had complains for the first FC issue as well :

Final Crisis #2 - DC - $3.99
    Writer: Grant Morrison | Artist: J.G. Jones
    Reaction to the first issue of Final Crisis was a bit mixed. Many complained that it was too slow while others had issues with the accessibility. Others still didn't like the manner in which many scenes were constructed. Though it started on a slightly off note, we're still very optimistic this series will deliver. There's no reason to give up on this one right now.

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Testament

the long road home

soon to start the Sandman series

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    The best GC series ever.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started reading Suburban Glamour. I have #1 &2 and need to invest in 3&4.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Sandman = <3
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh come on, you can multi task!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

megatokyo vol. 5

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recent purchased Serenity:Those left behind.

A nice little read. Essentially another episode of Firefly fitting between the series and the film, Serenity.

I would have liked it to have been longer mind. And there were one of two things that could have worked better, but it was still good for all that, and captured the characters very well as well as tying up a couple of threads left dangling after the series. And very lush art.

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    The best GC series ever.
    so i'm told. i'm not too keen on the artwork, but i'll get over it. Testament is amazing right now

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

You will most likely get so involved in the story that you won't even realize it has art.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The art in the Sandman series is pretty varied anyway.

Overall, I rather like the Sandman books, just finished another in fact (I forget the name but it was the second volume.)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm now listening to "The Good Guy" by Koontz, hope its good.

Holy crap, this is a comics thread.

Okay, so I am reading Wolverine: The End at home
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    As far as the DC thing Feev, why is it every major story arc in DC called Crisis?
    Just to name a few:
    Crisis on Infinite Earths
    Zero Crisis
    Identity Crisis
    and finally
    Final Crisis

We get it already. Sheesh
    Crisis on Infinite Earths is acceptable cause it came first.

Zero Hour is what it's actually called.

Identity Crisis never happened. It's all lies, it never happened or was published ever. Brad Meltzer has never worked for DC Comics, it never happened. You're mistaken. La la la la la la la la la.

Final Crisis is the sequel to CoIE and will close the loop started by CoIE, so it's acceptable. I don't see what the problem is.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Okay, I just finished Sandman- Preludes and Nocturnes.

Now, I'm kinda going between both Sandman- The Doll's House, ....and John Constantine - Original Sins

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Identity Crisis never happened. It's all lies, it never happened or was published ever. Brad Meltzer has never worked for DC Comics, it never happened. You're mistaken. La la la la la la la la la.
    Blasphemy. Identity Crisis was awesome.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

star trek year 4... that's what I'm reading and sam & max..

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm about 70 pages into my Constantine comic, and I must say..I am not that impressed. It's not really 'grabbing' me, and the artwork is just so....flat,it seems.
    Maybe it will pick up. I hope so, otherwise I'll be forced to finish it anyway. (OCD)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I would love to make "rocket man" with william shatner into a comic...

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Blasphemy. Identity Crisis was awesome.
    When exactly was it awesome? Was it when an innocent and fun Sue Dibny was murdered, the positive pregnency test in the gift wrapped box that her husband found afterwards, or when she was being raped? Was it when Green Arrow went completely against character and voted to brainwash Batman? Maybe it was during the investigation when half the heroes they had in the Dibny's apartment could've easily figured out who the killer was by sniffing the air? Perhaps it was awesome when they killed Jack Drake and Captain Boomerang and all we got in return was a Captain Boomerang with no accent and an eyebrow ring?

A good comics story is supposed to give back to the continuity, but all this story did was take. We lost the Dibny's, The Atom & Jean Loring, Robin's dad, Captain Boomerang and trust in the JLA.

Style over substance, and too many comics readers focused on Meltzer's flashy hand, and didn't see the other hand shoveling crap on to the DCU.

We had this taken away:

And we were given this:

I don't know where the awesome comes in, because all I see is tragedy and loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm about 70 pages into my Constantine comic, and I must say..I am not that impressed. It's not really 'grabbing' me, and the artwork is just so....flat,it seems.
    Maybe it will pick up. I hope so, otherwise I'll be forced to finish it anyway. (OCD)
    Some would argue that Hellblazer never really picked up until Ennis took over writing with issue 41. I'm one of those people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast