Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Daredevil: The man without fear.. volume 4 (I think.) The one with the Kingpin assassination attempt.

Pretty good, and rather dark...

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah, the Underboss storyline. The art for that was amazing. Alex Maleev is one of my favorite artists.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Honestly, for me, there's little that can beat Frank Miller's Daredevil run. Simply amazing.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Especially Born Again. That was amazing.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just picked up Havey Pekar's 'Our Cancer Year'. If you peeps havent read (or watched) American Splendor, you should check it out.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went to the library today and picked up Thor Son of Asgard and The Goon: Virtue and the Grim Consequences Thereof. (Yes that's the name.)

I haven't gotten round to reading them yet but I think I've read a Goon comic book before and I quite enjoyed it. I haven't read much Thor apart from small stuff in Spidey mags as a kid and some Ultimate stuff which didn't really count as far as that character is concerned. This one seems to be Thor the early years. Much as I like fantasy, I have an idea this won't be my cup of tea although the artwork is rather nice. Still, too early to tell for sure yet.

Off thread, but since this is a King related website, I also borrowed Gerald's Game, one of the few King books I haven't read. I've avoided this on the understanding it was rather messed up and disturbing. Even by King's standards. It was the only King book available I haven't read though and... well I'm curious. Of the story itself not the dodgy stuff. Honest.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrre!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

For the Y Fans :

Shia Isn't Y: The Last Man
    Transformers star rules himself out of comic adaptation.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, June 10, 2009 - Shia LaBeouf has ruled himself out of playing the titular role in the forthcoming adaptation of comic book Y: The Last Man.

D.J. Caruso, who is helming the movie and also directed the Transformers star in Disturbia and Eagle Eye, had spoken of his desire to hire The Beef for the project.

But in an interview with Wizard magazine (flagged up on superherohype.com), LaBeouf said the part of Yorick was too similar to his Transformers character Sam Witwicky. "You take Sam and you put a monkey on his shoulder", he said, referring to Yorick's simian sidekick Ampersand.

"I don't know if it's that big a differential. It seems like he's the ordinary guy in an extraordinary situation again."

He went on: "I'm not willing to make that movie currently, and may be too old to play the role by the time it does come around."

Y: The Last Man tells what happens when every mammal possessing a Y chromosome (i.e. all the males) are mysteriously killed. The only exceptions are Yorick Brown, a young amateur escape artist, and his monkey.

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, Feev!!

Um, I'm not really a Shia fan, so I can't say that's bad news to me.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently re-reading "Wanted"...it just amazes me how many potential quotes are in it.

And I really dig the art style.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

J.G. Jones is amazing. Have you read any Final Crisis?

I just finished up rereading the Mike Carey Hellblazer run. It's second only to Ennis, IMO.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Final Crisis is a lot more enjoyable if you're an avid reader of DC. As I mentioned before, I don't read DC outside of Batman so I had no idea what was being reference or going on half the time.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The art, however, cannot be denied. At least for the first three issues. And the seventh, where Doug Mahnke covered DC's ass.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

On that we both agree, the art throughout all of FC is amazing.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Darkness Compendium just arrived today. Bloody fantastic reading so far! Gotta love a guy who's such a total anti-hero, he's hunted by angels, controls the most powerful and evil force on earth, AND works for the mafia! Can't say i'm surprised that Garth Ennis co-created it, tbh.

4 issues down, 36 to go, and that's not counting all the extra stuff! Definitely a nifty purchase!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone read any Stray Bullets or Young Liars?

One of my friends (who I trust very much in these matters) gave it a positively glowing recommendation.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    The Darkness Compendium just arrived today. Bloody fantastic reading so far! Gotta love a guy who's such a total anti-hero, he's hunted by angels, controls the most powerful and evil force on earth, AND works for the mafia! Can't say i'm surprised that Garth Ennis co-created it, tbh.
    I picked up some The Darkness stuff after I played the PS3 game... I wanted to like it, I really really did, but it just didn't cut it for me. Sure, Jackie and his familiars are bad ass, but the villians and supporting characters were too bland, too one-dimensional for me. Oh well, to each his own and all that, glad you're enjoying them.

Seymour - I've had of Stray Bullets but I've never read it, let me know how it is if you do end up starting it.

My Mood
    Gay

I just picked up a couple of issues of Terry Moore's Echo. It's getting some great reviews and since I love Strangers In Paradise, I thought I'd give it a go. Anyone else reading it?

Along the Path of the Beam dr shottie is on a distinguished road dr shottie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

im reading hellboy wake the devil ace comic

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" parts 1 and 2, by Neil Gaiman, etc.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam dr shottie is on a distinguished road dr shottie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i think im going to buy the alien, predator and alien vs predator omnibus's i got a few but there wrecked and itll be nice to have them all in big books

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" parts 1 and 2, by Neil Gaiman, etc.
    How is it? I really wanted to pick that up, but didn't for some reason.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You should get it, Seymour, it's a really good story arc by the master Gaiman.

Country
    Country Flag

im off to town to buy the gunslinger born today

My Mood
    Gay

doc, you're going to get the graphic novel? let us know what you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast