Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Using movie quotes IRL situations

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Whenever the copier here at work gets a paper jam, I have to quote Spaceballs as I'm fixing the problem: "Jammed. Rasberry!"

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Whenever the copier here at work gets a paper jam, I have to quote Spaceballs as I'm fixing the problem: "Jammed. Rasberry!"
    For me that's a perfect time to quote Office Space.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yes! There's that one too!
    I use "PC load letter?! What the fuck does that mean?" a lot.

I was at my sister's house and her cat was staring at me and I quoted Sleepwalkers: "Stop looking at me. Stop looking at me, you fucking cat."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You coulda also used a Billy Madison, "stop looking at me, SWAN"

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I made an appointment the other day. It's on Nov 7th at 7PM. Of course this scene keeps running through my head.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Every year we go out to a local tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. Every year I'll point to an obviously huge tree and say "What about that one?" One of the kids will reply "Dad, that thing won't fit in our front yard!" Of course my reply is always "It's not going in our front yard. It's going in our living room."

That’s awesome.

I was having a conversation with Jacob a few days ago where he showed me two action figures or stuffed animals and told me to pick my favorite. I picked, and then he disagreed with my choice.
    I responded with: "Well, that's just like your opinion, man", then reminded myself that my 10 year old does not get Big Lebowski references.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"Everything is a travesty with you man" is a favorite of mine, and pretty widely applicable too.

I also like to throw out "it does not matter to Jesus."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Nice.

I really feel like I need to rewatch the movie now.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For now, just enjoy this:

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen it. Should I?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Cohen brothers, so yes!

I finally got around to watching The Big Lebowski just last year. I already knew all of the catchphrases and memes from the movie but never actually sat down and watched it all the way through.

The problem is that it took me probably 5 or 6 times of re-starting it to finally get through it. I'd start watching it and after 15 or 20 minutes I'd get bored and turn it off. Then I'd go a few weeks and try again.

It was the same with Anchorman. There are all these quotes from the movie and it has this huge cult following and my exceptions were really high for it. Then after I watched it I was just like "That was it? What's the big deal with this movie?" Although I've had people tell me that it's one of those movies that you have to watch a few times and it starts to grow on you. I haven't had the urge to re-watch it since.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt the same way about Anchorman when I finally watched it.

Feev, just went to add The Big Lebowski to my Queue and turns out it's already there...at position 212.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Feev, just went to add The Big Lebowski to my Queue and turns out it's already there...at position 212.
    Can you bump it up by like, 200?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also anytime I hear someone use the phrase 'let's get down to brass tacks' I get the insane urge to quote Fear & Loathing:

"You can't have a circus without an ape!!!"

Whenever something is mentioned about someone going somewhere, I have to reference Boondock Saints with:

"Where you going? NOwhere."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9