Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Using movie quotes IRL situations

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Super Troopers!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go!

"What do you wanna do, Meow or Repeat?"

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you wanna do? Meow or repeat?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Willem Dafoe has a line in Boondock Saints that goes: "And where's he going?.....No..where."

So, anytime I say: "Where are you going?" I have to follow it up with "No..where."..even if I'm talking to someone who doesn't know the quote, or hell, even if I'm at home by myself talking to my dog who is asking to go outside.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You could also use Jimmy's "Where are they gonna go, huh? (looks around) Where are they gonna go?"

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh, I think we both know there is no shortage of Goodfellas quotes on my end.

Funny thing is, my sister is just as bad as me at using the Boondock's quote. I can't start it without her finishing it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been DYING to use Lloyd's "RIGHT ON MY ASS AFTER YOU KISS IT!" quote IRL, but I haven't had a proper chance to...

Soon

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofthegods32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

I've been DYING to use Lloyd's "RIGHT ON MY ASS AFTER YOU KISS IT!" quote IRL, but I haven't had a proper chance to...

Soon
    I often use the "...ol' buddy, ol' pal" line.
    I use it too! *gangsta props*

I also like to use "You know why I like you? Cuz you're a regular guy!"

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever I know how to do something someone else doesn't (more specifically fellow Marines) I always quote FMJ "You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you!"

or when I pull out my combat knife "Now THIS is a knife!"

I know there are more but I'm drawing a blank...
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

OOOOOh. And being a reservist I alwayus quote Pauly Shore from "In the Army Now"

"One weekend a month, 2 weeks a year MY ASS!" (although that may not be the exact quote).

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I use the worms quote often , I think I've used it in a couple of other threads around here.

The other day me and my brother went to one of my friends house, and he has this portrait of Jesus in his living room, and my brother used the quote from that one Ice Cube movie, where they're robbing a church or some such (?) : "Hold it , white Jesus!"

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    OOOOOh. And being a reservist I alwayus quote Pauly Shore from "In the Army Now"

"One weekend a month, 2 weeks a year MY ASS!" (although that may not be the exact quote).
    I use "Because we're cr-ay-zeee boys!"

Today at work, I had to go upstairs to get a file. I looked at my co-worker very seriously, and said: "If I'm not back in ten minutes, call the..police."
    Of course she didn't get it, but I enjoyed myself very much.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

One I like to use that few people get (and when they don't it's always awkward) is whenever someone is going down a random list of things they like, I have to bust out with "and sometimes....I like the idea...of a girl. And a horse".

Or "You clean this up, I'm going to get a bagel".

Both from Chasing Amy...I think I have one friend I can count on to know what I am talking about when I use those.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a Kevin Smith film, right?

Another line that I use often whenever someone says something that comes as absolutely NO surprise is "Oh! There's a big surprise! I think I'm gonna have a heart attack, from that surprise!" Iago uses it in the first Aladdin movie

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

my new favorite to use is:

Nerd Alert /austin powers

But you sort of have to tilt your head back and shout it across the room when someone does something completely nerdworthy. :lo:

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that from the first Austin Powers?

One AP line that I love using when people don't get what you're trying to explain something to them "You just...DON'T get it do you? You don't!" But it has to be said in a slightly offensive/demeaning way

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Willem Dafoe has a line in Boondock Saints that goes: "And where's he going?.....No..where."

So, anytime I say: "Where are you going?" I have to follow it up with "No..where."..even if I'm talking to someone who doesn't know the quote, or hell, even if I'm at home by myself talking to my dog who is asking to go outside.
    Weird. I do this too.

Whenever somebody is up in my business, or just asking questions I don't want to answer I say, "Don't you nevermind, Flo" from U-Turn.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just seeing this thread for the first time (sad, yeah, yeah) and boy am I glad that I did. I constantly quote movies/TV. Some I do are:

"Get in my belleh!" and (mouth watering)"You kinda look like a baby." - Fat Bastard, Austin Powers

I probably use this one WAY too much, basically whenever anyone says anything. "That's what she said." - Michael Scott, The Office

Another one from The Office, "It's simply beyond words...it's incalculacable."

I forgot...one more. (Family hates me for this one) "Send in the Fem-BOTS! - Frau Farbissina, Austin Powers
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I do that too! I love that. I usually do hand motions as well.

Also, there is a line in the movie The Plague that my friend says constantly and I have started to say. I guess they are stuck in a church or something and one guy offers the other some communion bread but says, "Body of Christ. You want some?"
    Anytime we...or I...am handing food to someone I say that. well, sometimes.

Another one I remembered: Whenever someone gets sarcastic/smart with me, I like to quote Nasty Nate from Half Baked:
    "Do you know who you're dealing with?"
    (But saying it just like him is what cracks me up)

No one can say anything about a wire hanger without me saying: "No Wire Hangers!!"

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

No one can say anything about a wire hanger without me saying: "No Wire Hangers!!"
    yep, that movie definitely made an impression on lots of people. i remember seeing it when i was a kid and suddenly thinking my parents weren't nearly as mean as i'd thought they were

...As a joke, my husband bought a copy of it for me for mother's day.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

it's a good "How To" for motherhood as long as you use for "How NOT to"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast