Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I was cool with T3. I like the idea that it was going to happen no matter what they did.

Sarah's whole thing was..."no fate but what you make", T3 proved that as total bullshit
    These are the two biggest problems that Terminator 'purists' had with T3. The very existence of T3 is a huge pimp slap to the face of T2, since it rendered all actions committed in the second movie useless ("Judgement Day is inevitable").

But, like I said, as long as you consider any post-T2 Terminator movie a spinoff, there shouldn't be a problem.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here O, I thought it was the cheesiest part of the entire second movie.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

Plus, it's got Summer Glau in it. She was great in Firefly.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Super Glue is a person?

is she sticky?

No, i'm not stupid, except i'm tired and half drunk and that is what I read at first.

This looks awesome, but i completely disagree with the whole Nick Stahl being a good John Connor. No. but bale???? IDK, i'll wait to judge on that one.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I was cool with T3. I like the idea that it was going to happen no matter what they did.

Sarah's whole thing was..."no fate but what you make", T3 proved that as total bullshit
    These are the two biggest problems that Terminator 'purists' had with T3. The very existence of T3 is a huge pimp slap to the face of T2, since it rendered all actions committed in the second movie useless ("Judgement Day is inevitable").

But, like I said, as long as you consider any post-T2 Terminator movie a spinoff, there shouldn't be a problem.

The point of judgement day being inevitable is symbolic. That even changing history doesn't mean we won't just find ourselves along that same path anyways. Really, much like Reese being John's father, it was their actions that started the events that led up to it all.

You forget that just because The Connors thought they were stopping Judgement Day doesn't mean they actually did.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But it doesn't mean they didn't , either.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Linda Hamilton is what makes Connor work though. Its like doing a series on Ripley and having someone else play her .. i dunno, Hamilton was fucking awesome in T2 and everyone in that movie nailed it so well I don't know if changing the cast would be worth it. It depends on how into the series mythology it gets I guess.
    Not everyone. If I remember right, the kid in it was pretty horrible. Maybe even worse than Jake Lloyd. Oh, yeah, another kid though who may be worse than both of them is that guy from "Godsend", "Ultraviolet" and "X3". Makes me wonder why people keep picking him for roles when he's so bad.

Anyway, on to the series: I don't really like the T films anyway, so I probably won't have much of a say here, but . . . Terminator without Arnold? Are you kidding me? Why are they even doing this?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

First episode airing tonight at 8!!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it.

Don't think it quite lived up to the hype, but I guess I was spoiled by the first two original movies in The Terminator franchise.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

fuck i missed it stupid

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was good. A little corny in spots, but hey, they're cyborgs!

Ruki...I don't know if you can watch past shows on fox.com like you can with NBC and CBS. Mayhaps.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    fuck i missed it stupid
    The second half of the season premiere is going to be broadcast tonight, IIRC, sometime between 8 P.M. and ten on the East Coast. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dud-a-chum? View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Linda Hamilton is what makes Connor work though. Its like doing a series on Ripley and having someone else play her .. i dunno, Hamilton was fucking awesome in T2 and everyone in that movie nailed it so well I don't know if changing the cast would be worth it. It depends on how into the series mythology it gets I guess.
    Not everyone. If I remember right, the kid in it was pretty horrible. Maybe even worse than Jake Lloyd. Oh, yeah, another kid though who may be worse than both of them is that guy from "Godsend", "Ultraviolet" and "X3". Makes me wonder why people keep picking him for roles when he's so bad.

Anyway, on to the series: I don't really like the T films anyway, so I probably won't have much of a say here, but . . . Terminator without Arnold? Are you kidding me? Why are they even doing this?
    Wtf - the kid was Edward Furlong, he did the job he was sposed to do
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even realize that this is a spinoff of an earlier TV series.

When they did they start adapting The Terminator into a television drama?

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a first tv adaption? when?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta love the way Sarah Connor's hair just changes colour from the movies. "I'm Sarah Connor. Sophisicated, assassin cyborgs from the future are trying to kill me and have the technology to map my face and analyze my blood but I'll dye my hair to throw them off."

I only seen a bit of it and it wasn't enough to keep me watching. I've learned a lot over the years about watching FOX live action television shows: don't. Well, unless it's 24.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

HERE'S an idea...

Why not make the Terminator trying to kill John Connor NOT look like even remotely like Arnie? Make him skinny, blond, younger... anything, not some frickin' half-breed Arnie Terminator. I kept looking at him thinking "he looks nothing like Arnie". If they had made him look completely different, I wouldn't have even thought about the movies.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched it, didn't think it was great at all.

We're going back to the old terminators after the liquid bot in the 2nd movie, idiotic.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jonn Wolfe is on a distinguished road Jonn Wolfe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it. I don't think Fox wanted to put up with LiquiTerminators.

Besides, it's more like the comics now.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...I guess so but I was still really disappointed by the whole thing.

John didn't give any indication he had been fighting Terminators in the time between 2 and 3 and this whole
    Spoiler:
    going to the future thing
    didn't sit with me too well.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched it and liked it. I hope this gets a full season so we can see it come together a bit better. Fox has a reputation of pulling the plug after just a few episodes. I hope they hold onto this and let the show find its rhythm.

so all in all...good not great. I'll keep watching for awhile.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...I guess so but I was still really disappointed by the whole thing.

John didn't give any indication he had been fighting Terminators in the time between 2 and 3 and this whole
    Spoiler:
    going to the future thing
    didn't sit with me too well.
    Well, they had to continue the story from T2. So it kinda made sense.
    Spoiler:
    And now there's a second Terminator carcass for people to reverse engineer.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...I thought the "weapon" obliterated the carcass at the end.

Country
    Country Flag

It blew it apart. I don't think it was atomized though.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I agree with Jonn Wolfe, I think it just blew it apart. I think they'll be able to pick out a couple of pieces to use and study.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast