Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I finally got to see Dark Fate today. And I have to say, I really really enjoyed it.

Yes, it’s essentially the same story as we’ve seen before, but I think it was really well done, and had some interesting new concepts that made it a good continuation/soft reboot.

Spoiler:
    I really liked the idea that the end of Skynet just created a new, alternative future that essentially results in the same thing. And the new terminator design was a nice variation on the theme. And that was a good dollop of nostalgia factor, but it didn’t overwhelm the movie. And I’m going to say Arnold did a great job – it was nice seeing him as the Terminator again, even if a more human one.

They were a couple of specific moments where my suspension of disbelief was stretched to the limit, but It wasn’t enough to break the movie for me. And I have no trouble believing that Dani could grow up to become the savior of mankind. I haven’t seen that actress in anything else, but I think she did a fine job.

I’m not sure what they would do for a sequel, and as I said before, there may really be only one story to tell in this universe. So while I really enjoyed this movie, I’m skeptical about any sequels that might be to follow.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I finally got to see Dark Fate today. And I have to say, I really really enjoyed it.

Yes, it’s essentially the same story as we’ve seen before, but I think it was really well done, and had some interesting new concepts that made it a good continuation/soft reboot.

Spoiler:
    I really liked the idea that the end of Skynet just created a new, alternative future that essentially results in the same thing. And the new terminator design was a nice variation on the theme. And that was a good dollop of nostalgia factor, but it didn’t overwhelm the movie. And I’m going to say Arnold did a great job – it was nice seeing him as the Terminator again, even if a more human one.

They were a couple of specific moments where my suspension of disbelief was stretched to the limit, but It wasn’t enough to break the movie for me. And I have no trouble believing that Dani could grow up to become the savior of mankind. I haven’t seen that actress in anything else, but I think she did a fine job.

I’m not sure what they would do for a sequel, and as I said before, there may really be only one story to tell in this universe. So while I really enjoyed this movie, I’m skeptical about any sequels that might be to follow.
    I'm glad you found some enjoyment in it. I thought it was awful. The worst yet. T2 was the end for me. There's just no way to improve on it IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    T2 was the end for me. There's just no way to improve on it IMO..
    Well tbf, it's hard to improve on perfection.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    True. I did enjoy the T.V. series back in the day.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Spoiler:

I'm glad you found some enjoyment in it. I thought it was awful. The worst yet. T2 was the end for me. There's just no way to improve on it IMO.
    IT was not the worst yet if you take them all into account. T2, T1 and then I would be inclined to say Dark Fate. I didn't love all the girl power... but this is hollywood now so is what it is.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have LOVED every single movie in the Terminator franchise, my only regret being I did not go to the theater to see The Terminator. If they do another one, "Awl Be Bach!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I always thought it "Owl"

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I would rank them the same. I liked it better than any other than the first two I think – although I’d have to rewatch some of them to be sure of that. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen T3.

I didn’t really notice any overt girl power stuff, personally. The fact that the three main characters were all female was incidental to the plot. They neither needed to be all female, but neither was a big deal made of the fact that they were. there was no stupid male/female rivalry between Grace and Carl. There was no scene where Grace handed Carl’s ass to him. There was no sense of passing the torch from the old white male to the young female protector.

What I will say, though, is that from a narrative standpoint, I don’t think we needed both Sarah and Grace as characters. Either one of those characters could have served perfectly well as Dani’s protector. Having Grace there made Sarah a bit extraneous, in my opinion. She was just kind of tagging along most of the time.

I don’t think it was a movie that needed to be made, but given what it was, I really enjoyed it. For a franchise that is six films old, they were able to introduce some new concepts and ideas that I thought were really neat, and that was a pleasant surprise. And, it was a really great action film.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Remember, the "Owl"s are not always what they seem.
    Here is a lousy photo of part of my hallway wall. Behind the Dark Fate one sheet is the last Terminator one sheet, and behind that are many more one sheets. There are seven frames like that and they are all very heavy.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Appaloosa. Interesting choice. I'd love to see the other ones someday.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

These are my newest obsession. Most theaters have gone digital, but these usually are inserted into a lightbox in front of the theater to identify which movie is in which theater.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Terminator franchise died peacefully in it's sleep in August 2005.

Don't spoil my version of history anyone.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Love that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood banner. Of the Oscar nominated movies I did see and of all the movies I saw last year (I'm still catching up) it was by far my favorite film.
    I'd take more pictures, but I don't want to hi-jack the Terminator thread for non-Terminator stuff.

I will say something about the Terminator films. Did you see the special feature where they explain where the model of The Terminator came from? Very funny. That's probably already been covered here.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

precisely, and that is the reason I haven't seen any sequel after T3 (which was a Huge Disappointment). How many have there been, by the way? And should I see any?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Love that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood banner. Of the Oscar nominated movies I did see and of all the movies I saw last year (I'm still catching up) it was by far my favorite film.
    I'd take more pictures, but I don't want to hi-jack the Terminator thread for non-Terminator stuff.

I will say something about the Terminator films. Did you see the special feature where they explain where the model of The Terminator came from? Very funny. That's probably already been covered here.
    Understood. Can you post them in the Show Your Collection thread?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    precisely, and that is the reason I haven't seen any sequel after T3 (which was a Huge Disappointment). How many have there been, by the way? And should I see any?
    There's nothing to see because there have been none. Wink wink.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Terminator Genisys was actually pretty funny. Arnold was cracking me up in that one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You can watch the others just to appreciate them for their little touches of lore and to see how each director pushed the mythos forward, but they'll always be chasing the shadow of the perfect crystal of storytelling that is T1+T2, Cameron's original vision.

Skip Salvation though, that film is baffingly bland. I don't know how you can make a borefest out of a universe with such a rich sandbox to play in. It's just... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Done, unless they make me take them down.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Done, unless they make me take them down.
    I should have been more clear, I was referring to the show your collection thread in the Gem Theater. I know we have one somewhere.

Either way, I took a look at the photos and your collection is amazing. I love the Outlaw Josey Wales poster. You are clearly a Clint Eastwood fan.

It was always Bond, Bronson and Eastwood. I tried to collect all the one sheets, 14 X 36 and 24 X 28 posters and all the lobby cards from all of their movies. I did not succeed but I made a dent. I even have a couple Bond 2 sheets and 3 sheets which are too big to unfold.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It was always Bond, Bronson and Eastwood. I tried to collect all the one sheets, 14 X 36 and 24 X 28 posters and all the lobby cards from all of their movies. I did not succeed but I made a dent. I even have a couple Bond 2 sheets and 3 sheets which are too big to unfold.
    Wow! I only have one-sheets. Two and three sheets look really cool but you're right, they take up a lot of space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19