I finally got to see Dark Fate today. And I have to say, I really really enjoyed it.

Yes, it’s essentially the same story as we’ve seen before, but I think it was really well done, and had some interesting new concepts that made it a good continuation/soft reboot.

Spoiler:
I really liked the idea that the end of Skynet just created a new, alternative future that essentially results in the same thing. And the new terminator design was a nice variation on the theme. And that was a good dollop of nostalgia factor, but it didn’t overwhelm the movie. And I’m going to say Arnold did a great job – it was nice seeing him as the Terminator again, even if a more human one.

They were a couple of specific moments where my suspension of disbelief was stretched to the limit, but It wasn’t enough to break the movie for me. And I have no trouble believing that Dani could grow up to become the savior of mankind. I haven’t seen that actress in anything else, but I think she did a fine job.

I’m not sure what they would do for a sequel, and as I said before, there may really be only one story to tell in this universe. So while I really enjoyed this movie, I’m skeptical about any sequels that might be to follow.