Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darrell Anderson, Artist

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Darrell Anderson, Artist

Hello not sure who already knows or if anyone does, but on Darrell Andersons website you can order some very nice looking art, from DT VI, along with art by Rick Berry for Talisman and BlackHouse. There are quite a few to choose from and most are limited to around 30 copies and 5 publishers copies, all are signed by the artist and come in 2 different sizes. Seem very reasonably priced at $60 and $100 depending on size.
    this link should take you there.
    http://www.braid.com/darktower/index.htm

I know many of you collect artwork, i like it but only have a few things, but i am considering a few of these.

Rusty

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link but only if I had some spare cash.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They are very nice. I have a print of Stanza 10 on my wall.
    One of these days I also want to get the "Single Wild Rose" print.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent prints. I'll buy some someday
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one. Pictures are posted in my Collection thread here.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that when I logged on this morning and saw the title of the thread, my first thought was that Darrell had died. I heard from riverlintrader quite awhile back that Darrell's health was pretty bad. Anybody know for sure how Darrell is doing these days?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nice picture frame Patrick. Did you take a picture of the signature and number?

Anytime I have a signature and numbering that gets covered up by the frame mat, I take a close-up picture of the signature and place it on the back of the frame. It's always cool from time to time to take the picture down, turn it around and look at the signature and number.

I need to get off my can and put some of my extra stuff in frames.

Again, nice job.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last time I talked with him (via email, of course) he was working with GroBoto program.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Anytime I have a signature and numbering that gets covered up by the frame mat, I take a close-up picture of the signature and place it on the back of the frame. It's always cool from time to time to take the picture down, turn it around and look at the signature and number.

Again, nice job.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Thanks, Ralph.

Actually the signature and number show, I just meant that they didn't show up in those pictures in my Collection thread. You can see them here a little better:

Now get off your can and take some photos of yours!

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Again, nice job.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Thanks, Ralph.

Actually the signature and number show, I just meant that they didn't show up in those pictures in my Collection thread. You can see them here a little better:

Now get off your can and take some photos of yours!

Will do my friend.....will do.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Friends - Take a good look at that site, I mean, search around a little. Took me a while, but I finally found some stuff that wasn't really obvious at first. I have two Michael Whalen prints and I'd love to add some of these.

Thanks for the linkage!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

Major Bummer!!

I tried to place an order and got the following notice :
    "Sorry. Braid has temporarily shut down it's printmaking shop
    while we re-tool, and Rick & Darrel focus on other pursuits."

Total Suckage there .... I wanted that turtle print!

Can anyone who has ordered let us know when that was?

Long Days,
    turtlex <---- not a happy turtle

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a bummer, turtlex. I bought mine from their Braid site, but that was a couple years ago.

My Mood
    Gay

That's a bummer, turtlex. I bought mine from their Braid site, but that was a couple years ago.
    I figured it was a while ago. I did email the address they listed - so maybe I'll get a response.

You're a lucky guy!

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just so everyone knows, I am going to be putting a signed mini-print* of one of Darrel's pieces into the Giveaway drawing.

*By mini-print I mean that it is not an official print, but one that is the size of the artwork as it appeared in DTVI. Probably not worth too much, but it is cool to have.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just so everyone knows, I am going to be putting a signed mini-print* of one of Darrel's pieces into the Giveaway drawing.
    Rockin' Cool. Good to know!
    Thanks!

John F. Kennedy streetbudz is on a distinguished road streetbudz's Avatar

I have 4 pieces from this same set. All were ordered not too long after DTVII came out. That sucks that they are no longer taking orders. Bummer.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by streetbudz View Post
    I have 4 pieces from this same set. All were ordered not too long after DTVII came out. That sucks that they are no longer taking orders. Bummer.
    Which ones do you own?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Hello not sure who already knows or if anyone does, but on Darrell Andersons website you can order some very nice looking art, from DT VI, along with art by Rick Berry for Talisman and BlackHouse. There are quite a few to choose from and most are limited to around 30 copies and 5 publishers copies, all are signed by the artist and come in 2 different sizes. Seem very reasonably priced at $60 and $100 depending on size.
    this link should take you there.
    http://www.braid.com/darktower/index.htm

I know many of you collect artwork, i like it but only have a few things, but i am considering a few of these.

Rusty
    Thanks for posting this, his artwork is number 2 in the series for under Whelan's.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Major Bummer!!

I tried to place an order and got the following notice :
    "Sorry. Braid has temporarily shut down it's printmaking shop
    while we re-tool, and Rick & Darrel focus on other pursuits."

Total Suckage there .... I wanted that turtle print!

Can anyone who has ordered let us know when that was?

Long Days,
    turtlex <---- not a happy turtle
    Seems to work now.

Is this what you were seeking?

Link

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah, when you click "Checkout" you get the message about them closing shop still.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bummer. Guess they don't need money-must be nice.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

These prints were really beautiful, I believe I bought 2 triple prints. The paper and ink are really earthy.
    I also bought 2 philk hale prints from there (black house and turnip) and they are just as good.
    I would be surprised if you asked them to make you prints they would decline.
    Truly remarkable print work!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that if you purchased prints of Black house, they're from Rick Berry and not Phil Hale
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Stanza #2 on sale in the Dark Tower Art for Breast Cancer Cancer Fund raiser thread

Check it out!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast