5 21.74%
  • Million Dollar Baby

0 0%
  • Unforgiven

6 26.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Group B, Bracket IV

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Group B, Bracket IV

Vertigo

The Patriot

City of Angels

Taxi Driver

The Trouble With Harry

Die Hard

Million Dollar Baby

Unforgiven

Four Days, Top Four Advance
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgot a poll in the duplicate thread...if a mod could delete it for me.

As for what I chose...yippie kay yay mutha fucka (how hans says it, not john) says it all.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trouble With Harry, yes yes yes!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

vertigo

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    vertigo
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've yet to watch Vertigo but it's in my to watch pile along with Syrianna and Munich and 21 Grams, French Connenction...

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unforgiven. One of Clint's greatest pieces of work.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for The Patriot. I love this and Braveheart. These are two great movies. I have not saw any of the others on this poll.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Hitchcock gets my vote!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Hitchcock gets my vote!
    mine too, only a different Hitchcock. Trouble with Harry is my favorite Hitchcock movie ever.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, this is hard! Both of the Eastwood nominations are mine!

Actually, now that I think about it Unforgiven is definitely better but overall this group has the best set of movies put together yet. Any of these would get my vote if not pitted against each other. (Except for Trouble With Harry which I have not seen yet.)

(Edit, yet again)

Hey I just noticed that I nominated THREE of the movies out of these eight! I also put up Die Hard which is one of the greatest action movies ever.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    I voted for The Patriot. I love this and Braveheart. These are two great movies. I have not saw any of the others on this poll.

Hey, you better get to watching. These are all good movies.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

Hey I just noticed that I nominated THREE of the movies out of these eight! I also put up Die Hard which is one of the greatest action movies ever.
    Don't be thinking i did this on purpose. I just kind of scrolled up and down the list and chose at random. I made a few changes because one bracket would be weak and another too strong. No conspiracy here

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Had to go with Vertigo on this one, still haven't seen Trouble with Harry.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and I've never even heard of it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

soon I am going to post in that 50 favorite movies thread. I'll post 50 American and 50 "other" (not even Russian). I wonder how many of those - not "other", but American - people will never have seen. It takes me so long to post there because I want to provide information on years/directors, and I can never get around to finishing it.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I say Unforgiven...me lovin' the westerns.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Don't worry, it's on my list to watch soon. I've been on a Hitchcock craze lately. Just rewatched Strangers on a Train, which I haven't seen in years. What a great film. I also want to see Shadow of a Doubt soon as well, as I don't think I've ever seen that one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

good! maybe you would start a Hitchcock thread?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

i agree chris, but it was so hard to chose anything over vertigo. if i had it would have been taxi driver.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Don't be thinking i did this on purpose. I just kind of scrolled up and down the list and chose at random. I made a few changes because one bracket would be weak and another too strong. No conspiracy here
    I know you didn't do that on purpose. It would have been to hard to separate them keeping the brackets even quality wise and keeping people's nominations separate as well. It just struck me when I noticed so I posted it. Of course, that also probably explains why I think this is such a great group. With three of mine (two of which are Eastwood movies), two Hitchcock's, Taxi Driver and the Patriot, I wish I had more votes.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I know you didn't do that on purpose. It would have been to hard to separate them keeping the brackets even quality wise and keeping people's nominations separate as well. It just struck me when I noticed so I posted it. Of course, that also probably explains why I think this is such a great group. With three of mine (two of which are Eastwood movies), two Hitchcock's, Taxi Driver and the Patriot, I wish I had more votes.
    One thing I did on purpose, though was put two movies that share a director or star together in some brackets. Some brackets have more good movies in that some of them, this is one of the more quality brackets. It'll be interesting to see what movie comes out on top in their respective brackets making it into the Final Sixteen.

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it time to post the next groups?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast