Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Maps, Addresses, and Locations

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    that is so cool, Terrible T. I thought that that place might be real but I've never heard of anyone confirming that. Will you take pictures when you go in the summer?
    I guess you never saw the pictures in the Wizard and Glass forum on .Net, Sarah. There was a whole thread dedicated to real pictures of Gage Park and Reinisch Rose Garden..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

cool info T! def would love to see pics if/when you go again.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably be going back sometime this summer, and I will take pics for sure. Like I said, the train was in the "garage" and wasn't running, and the rose garden was all dormant and brown.

Dude...the Mets????? I could probably send you a National League Champs T-shirt like the one I have.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    that is so cool, Terrible T. I thought that that place might be real but I've never heard of anyone confirming that. Will you take pictures when you go in the summer?
    I guess you never saw the pictures in the Wizard and Glass forum on .Net, Sarah. There was a whole thread dedicated to real pictures of Gage Park and Reinisch Rose Garden..

Yeah, I missed all that. The last time I was at .net was probably in late 2005. I popped on every now and then but I didn't go through the sites threads. I bet those pictures were so cool. I'm bummed I missed that and that the .net is down and those pictures are probably all lost.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes

I am really very very sorry.

I have archived lots of .net threads, but not that

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember that pic thread. Wasn't there a pic of the actual train?
    In Digitized Remorse

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, I missed all that. The last time I was at .net was probably in late 2005. I popped on every now and then but I didn't go through the sites threads. I bet those pictures were so cool. I'm bummed I missed that and that the .net is down and those pictures are probably all lost.
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes

I am really very very sorry.

I have archived lots of .net threads, but not that

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    I remember that pic thread. Wasn't there a pic of the actual train?
    Yep.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even THINK to grab those pics!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I didn't even THINK to grab those pics!
    Its all that NASCAR, Jon.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Default DT Addresses and Locations

Friends -

I was wondering if anyone ever compiled a list of all the addresses and/or locations named in the Dark Tower Series?

I know Gilead ( hey, I have a picture of the town sign posted in the gallery ), but as you know, there are actual addresses given for a whole bunch of locations.

Have you ever seen a list like this?

Yeah, I'm kinda a geek and would like to create a sort of check list.

Any advice or information you have would be very welcomed.

Long Days,
    turtlex

Edited To Add : if you know of any, and want to list them here, please list the book of origin as well. I'll compile a list and can put something together to share ( I have access to a laminator! ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, TerribleT just told me there really is a Gage Park in Topeka. But he didn't bring back any pictures.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Well, TerribleT just told me there really is a Gage Park in Topeka. But he didn't bring back any pictures.

I'll put it on the list, excellent !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger Apprentice bergy81 is on a distinguished road bergy81's Avatar

982 Michigan Ave. Detroit MI. Sound familiar?
    Country
    Country Flag

982 Michigan Ave. Detroit, MI. is a real place. That is where Callahan jumped out the window in Wolves of the Calla.
    Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by bergy81 View Post
    982 Michigan Ave. Detroit, MI. is a real place. That is where Callahan jumped out the window in Wolves of the Calla.
    Thank you.
    The list begins to grow !

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clearly (as seen in my av), The Corner w/The Rose is a real location. King took some small liberties with the geography but the building really is there.

That was the highlight of my NY trip.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Gage Park pics (I love the Internet!)

Charlie the Choo Choo?

Park Entrance

The Carousel

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Charlie the Choo Choo?

Park Entrance

The Carousel

Yeah, so do I...

My Mood
    Gay

This internet thing... it just might catch on!

Keep the addresses coming!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Can adults travel with that train?

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would think so - we had one of a similar scale in my hometown, and adults could ride.

Oh, DT get-together 2010 - Gage Park!!!! We can take over the train!

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

That would be so excellent

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I can imagine all the members on that tiny train.

Roland would have understood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would they allow us to take carry-on beer?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Charlie the Choo Choo?

Park Entrance

The Carousel

I'm totally freaked out.

does anyone know if the park bench where Mia/Susannah sat to put on shoes is real?

I know that Reg (from tdt.net) Went and read the final pages of DT VII somewhere around there but I can't remember his post. (It was over three years ago. )

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The little turtle park is real, I know that. I've seen pictures of it. Also, Turtle Bay is real. In fact their neighborhood association's logo is of a turtle with a rose in its mouth..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast