Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sick................and Tired

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

erin, I hope you feel better soon. I hate coughing myslef. Thankfully have not had to in a while

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My back/shoulders hurt.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    My back/shoulders hurt.
    Why do they hurt?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

amanda, you should get in a nice hot tub and just soak for awhile. Might make you feel better, a nice bubble bath

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

there is an old Russian joke, that goes, "Dostoyevsky died... Shakespeare died... Mozart died... all geniuses died... and I am not feeling too well, either"

I mean, I have to conclude my today's reading of this thread by "and I am definitely coming down with something, too," - which is the sad truth

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

It's ironic that I saw this thread for the first time a few minutes ago because I am not feeling well either. I have a headache and I am cold no matter what I do.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    My back/shoulders hurt.
    Why do they hurt?
    Cause they're stupid. : No, I have to blame it on my bad posture....or maybe stress?
    Nah..it's posture.

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    amanda, you should get in a nice hot tub and just soak for awhile. Might make you feel better, a nice bubble bath
    I wish I could. First, they say not to take baths (well, hot baths..which is what I like) while pregnant. And let's face it, with my weak ass cervix, I don't think I should be taking chances.
    Plus, I have one of those old bath tubs that doesn't even have a slant at the end. So. if you wanna 'relax' in the tub, it basically consists of laying flat and having your face underwater, OR having your neck all bent up against the back of the tub. (I should get a snorkel tube for baths)
    NOT soothing in my book.

Country
    Country Flag

I took hot baths throughout all my pregnancies. Did not know you were not supposed to. But if you have a weak cervix that may not be the best idea. Sorry about that.

Jean and WIlliams50, sorry that you are not feeling well hugs and kisses to yous

I actually think I figured out why my shoulders hurt. Because it's mainly my left shoulder. See, I'm trying to get in the habit of sleeping on my left side (cause they say it's best for the baby) So, I guess I'm laying on my shoulder in an awkward way.
    This baby better be thankful **shakes fist..(just kidding)

Country
    Country Flag

How would sleeping on one side more help the baby?

It's supposed to increase the blood flow to the baby.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, after 13 straight days of feeling terrible and horrible coughing, I finally broke down and went to the doctor today.

At the appointment, I had a temperature of 101 degrees! No wonder I felt like crap! Anyways, I have a respiratory infection and got some antibiotics and cough medicine. Thank bob.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! I hope you feel better soon.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

dayum erin. i hope the meds work quickly. they say that lots of juice and sai king reading speeds recovery. i'd suggest starting with bag of bones.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    So, after 13 straight days of feeling terrible and horrible coughing, I finally broke down and went to the doctor today.

At the appointment, I had a temperature of 101 degrees! No wonder I felt like crap! Anyways, I have a respiratory infection and got some antibiotics and cough medicine. Thank bob.
    Same thing happened to me last summer, and I did the same thing Erin. I hope you feel better. I waited so long that I ended up getting permanent eustacian tube dysfunction. You live and learn.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez Ryan! That's nuts! I hope I caught it in time

And thanks for the well-wishes guys. So far i'm still feeling like poo, but hopefully the meds will kick in soon.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    How would sleeping on one side more help the baby?
    The main vein from the torso to the legs runs down the right side of your body, when you lie on your right side, the uterus could compress it and cut off the blood flow to your legs...not a good thing, IMHO!

So, preggo peeps must try to sleep on their left.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Since April? Nobody else has posted for 8 months. see what happens when you read the dark tower novels.
    it's like a drug. a magical one wiht no negative side effects. plus it protects you from disease

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong! I'm ill!!...Although I'm reading Skeleton Crew right now, maybe I need to switch to DT...

I got sent home from work last night, which was such a relief - I have earache and a sore throat, my neck is all puffy (eek! Captain Trips! ) and I generally feel like pig shit

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

feel better soon, friend

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDvDz0NJ6jEAFWSjzbkF/SIG=131mjiep3/EXP=1229267267/**http%3A//www.itzawrapbaskets.com/catalog/images/Get%2520Well%2520Soon%25203.JPG[/IMG]

I hope you feel better Lisa,

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mmmm! Chicken soup!

Thanks guys

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I've had a sore throat for days now--my uvula is scarred, it hurts to swallow, I keep having mucus buildup (either comes out my nose or doesn't).... I want it to stop, and soon....

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

mate, I feel your mucusy pain...sounds like you have the same lurgy as me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast