Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
Honestly, you're going to laugh at me but I thought it was just purple grass from another world/dimension...

But I didn't read into it nearly as much as every other bit of the book...

I was sure the purple meant something but I did not understand the symbolism.
Ah, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by SpektR View Post
Hey guys...I have only just started reading "The Waste Lands" so my theory will mostlikley be proved false in a later book when all is revealed. Ill put the rest in spoiler thingy incase anyone hasnt read The Waste Lands

Spoiler:
I feel the blade of grass is meant to make the reader think deeper into the universe in general and the dark tower at its center, because as soon as I saw the drawing Roland drew into the sand to show where the 12 gates are and the tower in the middle the first thing that struck me was its resemblance to the zodiac graph. Not only that but alot of the time each zodiac sign is given an animal as its symbol which I felt was shown via the big bear that they had to kill. The tower is the sun in the graph. Alot of religions take the sun from the zodiac and personify it as a Prophet. So I was thinking maybe whoever is in the tower is a prophet of some kind, or at least a very very wise, strong magician.

Therefore I feel,looking back to the blade of grass maybe it was this prophet showing Roland the creation of the universe and whatever higher being created it, if a being at all.
No doubt you have all read through to the end and know alot more than me and know me theory is totally wrong, but hey... I just thought I would share it anyway.
Thanks for sharing it, and it is an interesting theory.