Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rosalita

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Default Rosalita

One of my favorite minor characters and there needs to be a thread dedicated to chat about her. So here it is Folk o' the .Com. The Allie thread got me thinking, because I don't feel Allie loved Roland, but needed him because of loneliness and lust, what was Rosa to him or Roland to Rosa? With her, I think there really was some love blooming between them. Thoughts? Fuck-you's? Rants?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

May I ask a quite stupid question?

Roland would have understood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree most heartily CK! I think had Rosie and Roland meet under different circumstances they'd be married with children. There was a mutual respect and some genuine emotion there.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    May I ask a quite stupid question?
    No.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh great.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I agree, Rosalita and Roland could have made a real and lasting love if they'd had more time together. It was nice to see Roland find love again after hearing his story to that point. Also, she sounded pretty hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I think had Rosie and Roland meet under different circumstances they'd be married with children. There was a mutual respect and some genuine emotion there.

Definitely. Didn't Roland at some point think that he could retire in Calla Bryn Sturgiss with her?

Oh great.
    Letti, you KNOW you don't have to ask...since thats what this thread is for, right?

Country
    Country Flag

I know, Matthew.
    Ehhh... it's such a clumsy question but whenever I read about Rosalita this thing comes to my mind.
    Have you every thought that Roalite might have been the lover of Callahan, too?

i think in the callas, callahan considered himself a catholic priest again, and so would not have been with any woman

Country
    Country Flag

Does it mean you have never thought of it because it's so obvious?

no, it occurred to me, i just don't think it ever happened between the two of them. i don't think it's too obvious to question.

I know, Matthew.
    Ehhh... it's such a clumsy question but whenever I read about Rosalita this thing comes to my mind.
    Have you every thought that Roalite might have been the lover of Callahan, too?
    Thats not clumsy, I've thought of that before, but I don't think so. I just got the feeling that Callahan viewed her strictly as a friend from the way he acted towards her.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with CK and R_of_G, Callahan wasn't interested in Rosa and I didn't believe anything happened with them.

I also agree that Rosalita was hot. Also, that her relationship with Roland was very different than with Allie. There was much more of a connection for them, it wasn't just pity/loneliness/lust/guilt like it was with Allie.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Was Rosa's husband still alive when Callahan first came to the Calla?

I don't remember either Wolves or Song saying anything about Rosalita's husband. Are there any mentions in the series?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure she mentioned his death at some point in Wolves. Yeah, almost positive.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same Jude. Matthew, I'll have a look through Wolves tonight...can't see anything in the concordance though.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    With her, I think there really was some love blooming between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I agree most heartily CK! I think had Rosie and Roland meet under different circumstances they'd be married with children. There was a mutual respect and some genuine emotion there.
    I don't know about married with children (have to force myself to imagine Roland happily married... and failed anyway), but I agree there was geniune emotion

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I don't know about married with children (have to force myself to imagine Roland happily married... and failed anyway)
    Yeah, it is hard to imagine that. But if it was to be with anyone I'd say it would be with Rosalita.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

absolutely

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for starting this thread, All_hail. I love Rosalita. She is my favorite "bit" character. I thought she rocked her part. I'm glad King put in a strong female for Roland to get it on with. Plus, she threw that plate like a MoFo.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Rosalita. I think she and Roland definitely had the "friends with benefits" thing going on, and maybe in different circumstances they could have had more. I definitely get that feeling.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, All_hail. I love Rosalita. She is my favorite "bit" character. I thought she rocked her part. I'm glad King put in a strong female for Roland to get it on with.
    Definitely. She is one of mine also. Up there with R.P. Sayre and The Rev. Harrigan. To me she seems like the anti-Alice. She was the exact opposite in almost every way.

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Plus, she threw that plate like a MoFo.
    You bet! Although not even her was as good as Susannah.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    To me she seems like the anti-Alice. She was the exact opposite in almost every way.
    never thought if it that way... now do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast