Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill's Locke & Key

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just picked up L&K # 3 and on the back is an advertisement that caught my eye. I think it said Wrightson to return to inking his own drawings or something like that. I left my copy in the car and can't get back to the car for a couple of hours. But it definitely caught my eye!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am ready to read more JH. Something tells me, I'm
    going to be helping a new generation of Kings to
    live large!! I do like the way he writes.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dont you guys think that the 2nd and 3rd episod with the guy in jail remember something in IT by his dad?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Issue 4 was released May 14!

This series is incredible!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to get the fourth issue, but based on the first three, this series is great!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Patrick, you have issue four coming to you, remember...from the comic convention...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

He doesn't remember.... shhhhhhhh!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Check out a CGC 9.9 of issue 1 at eBay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-9-9-Joe-Hill...QQcmdZViewItem

There's a buy it now of US $324.95.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Lurking

that guy is nuckin futs!!!!!!!!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I am not into comics and just recently am getting into Joe Hill. I have not seen these comics around. I found the first 4 issues on eBay but holy cripes are they expensive! I guess I found them too late.
    I'll of course keeping looking but does anyone know is the publisher planning to release the series in hardcover afterwards?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting informations, extracted from the auction...

- The print run on this was only 8,000 copies (according to the publisher..apparently)
    - The film and television rights to this series has already been picked up by Dimension Films, and everything points towards this being a smash hit. (i didnt hear about this).
    did you?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Check out comic book stores online - you can get comics from them, and some backorders.

Personally, I use www.mycomicshop.com and www.x-worldcomics.com for all my DT stuff. I'm sure they have the Joe Hill or could get them.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Check out comic book stores online - you can get comics from them, and some backorders.

Personally, I use www.mycomicshop.com and www.x-worldcomics.com for all my DT stuff. I'm sure they have the Joe Hill or could get them.
    Just adding to the list of online comic shops.
    I use
    http://www.tfaw.com/

My Mood
    Lurking

I don't know abput the print run, but the rights were already purchased.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to pick up the first issue when I stopped by my comic store the other day, but they were completely sold out of issues 1 & 2.

I flipped through a few pages of Issue 3 though, looks interesting.

Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to get the first three issues for awhile. I keep watching eBay but all of the prices I've seen so far are too high. I guess I will wait...
    All the stores around me are out of stock as well.

My Mood
    Lurking

Just picked up issue 5 today. Still have to read #4 first! LOL

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Received my Lock & Key #2 I won in the Giveaway today. Many thanks to Explorer for the donation and Matt and the gang for setting it all up.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I've been trying to get the first three issues for awhile. I keep watching eBay but all of the prices I've seen so far are too high.
    How much is too high?

If I can't find it on this other comic store that I go to, I'll just order them from Amazon.com

Country
    Country Flag

You know feve...I honestly didn't even think of Amazon.

*rushes to the site*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazon is always my first choice for ordering stuff, they have EVERYTHING.

Country
    Country Flag

With shipping on them...best I've found so far is $50 for all five issues.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Received my Lock & Key #2 I won in the Giveaway today. Many thanks to Explorer for the donation and Matt and the gang for setting it all up.
    Enjoy.... I believe Joe doodled in that one a little. too.. (?)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I had a hard time following the chronology of issue 4. The monthlong gap between installments makes it hard for me to keep up with the story. I think I'm going to wait until all the issues are out and reread it from the beginning.

My Mood
    Lurking

good idea, waiting a month drives me nuts too! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast