Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill's Locke & Key

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Default Joe Hill's Locke & Key

If you haven't picked it up, you should. Issue #3 comes out this month.

Joe will be at http://www.granitecon.com/ can't wait to hit it!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got these on order at my local comic store. Hopefully they'll be there later today.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I haven't seen mine yet, my brother in law picked them up for me, but from what I have seen online, they are wicked!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I have the first two and was going to pre-order 3 and 4 only my card was set to expire, so I got the new one and now I can no longer pre-order it as it's sold out. So now I have to find the 3rd somewhere, I ordered 4 & 5 last night. I sent an email to TFAW as I have done business with them in the past and currently am doing business with the Locke & Key series, hopefully they have extras and can send me one.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I wasn't taken with the first issue, but I really liked part 2, now that the story is really getting under way.

My Mood
    Lurking

Bev, is #3 out yet?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I didn't see it. I picked up #2 yesterday when I got The Long Road Home #2.

#2 came out March 12, so I figure #3 should be out on a similar schedule.

My Mood
    Lurking

cool, I posted the same ? on Joe's site, hopefully someone will know

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

#1 was interesting and #2 gets ya craving for #3 to be out ASAP..

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Our local comic store sold out of Locke & Key long before I remembered to ask about it in mid-March. Today I finally got a copy of the first issue, can't wait to read it.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That, like the Long Road Home comics, will be an ebay job for me I think!
    I love the cover!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    That, like the Long Road Home comics, will be an ebay job for me I think!
    I love the cover!
    Lisa, PM me your address.

I am so frustrated.....I cannot find Locke & Key #3 in my area and I can't even order it from my usual place! I guess I'll have to wait for them to hit ebay or something

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so far, i quite like the comic

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    I am so frustrated.....I cannot find Locke & Key #3 in my area and I can't even order it from my usual place! I guess I'll have to wait for them to hit ebay or something
    Joe Hill's website said that today's release may only hit major metropolitan areas, with the rest of the country getting it over the next week.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

When did issue one come out and how often are the issues?

My Mood
    Lurking

Issue one came out Feb. 20th. and they come out once a month

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe there are rerelease (reprints) of #1 and # 2 which should be reaching stores as well.. I have not found a store with #3 yet, however guess i need to get scouting or making some calls.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My store-20 miles away, has an ample supply of all issues.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great, Jerome. My local store gets very few. They have to order 2nd printings of the first two issues.

If your store has a first printing of issue #2, I'd be glad if you could pick one up for me. I'll reimburse the costs. If they are second printings, I'll get one of those from my local guy.

It's a great story so far as I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    Joe Hill's website said that today's release may only hit major metropolitan areas, with the rest of the country getting it over the next week.
    Yes, well aware of that. But I was trying to pre-order it before they sold out. My problem was that I couldn't pre-order it earlier because my card was going to expire, so I had to wait and then when I got it I couldn't order it because they were all sold out. My (shady) comic shop doesn't even carry it and won't even order it because he say's there is no demand for it (weak excuse) and the other comic shop (which is an hour's drive away) has already sold out. I have already ordered #4 & #5 so there won't be any of this mess again.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

they got some of the 3rd issue in Einburgh (UK)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy of number 2 signed by Joe Hill for the giveaway

Donate if you can!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Lurking

oooo....NICE!

I just picked up my copy of #3 today. Still can't friggen read them though, cause my brother-in-law picked up #s 1&2 for me and they still have them. If gas wasn't so damned expensive, I would just drive up there to get them. LOL But my sister has been working on the weekends and can't go visit with her at the same time.

So I will wait. Thinking I may wait to get them all together before I read it anyway. Can't stand waiting for much! LOL

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't got to my comic store this week. I wish TLRH and L&K were released on the same day!

The story is VERY intriguing though and I am loving the illustrations!!!! Rodriguez shows up on Joe's board from time to time. He's great!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast