Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Contest #8 - Reaptide Festival

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I am sure it will have to be extended... I made a first sketch, and I am afraid that will be it (I hardly will have the time to touch it up), but I would dearly love everyone else to take part

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This is awesome Jean!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it!

If anyone wants an extension, ask! If I don't hear from anyone the contest will close 4/15!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please please extend it for another week! erin and obscurejude were going to participate, and I do so hope darkthoughts will, too, and others!

thank you Storyslinger!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll go you one better: I'll extend it until April 29, 2008, but I won't extend it beyond that.

That should take the pressure off a little bit.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

John F. Kennedy susie is on a distinguished road susie's Avatar

yay, extension!
    i keep meaning [but forgetting] to sign on here and participate in one of the art prompts.
    "where the road is dark and the seed is sowed
    where the gun is cocked and the bullets cold
    where the miles are marked in the blood and gold
    i'll meet you further on up the road"
    -themaninblack

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, I like that as well.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, you amaze me all the time.
    Perfect job.

Roland would have understood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that Jean! I keep meaning to ask you if you know of the Serbian artist Dusanka Petrovic:
    http://www.srpskoblago.org/gallery/2...g2_itemId=3413
    you have that same feel to your work - I love his stuff immensely

I'm hoping to enter this contest, having the kids at home on school break has not given me much time...but the extension will really help

Country
    Country Flag

wow! no, I didn't know that artist, thank you so much! there's something reminding of Chagall, or Henri Rousseau, or Niko Pirosmani about him, it's absolutely terrific

and thank you all my dear friends!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    wow! no, I didn't know that artist, thank you so much! there's something reminding of Chagall, or Henri Rousseau, or Niko Pirosmani about him, it's absolutely terrific

Oh you liar you! I must be the only one who knows that Jean IS Dusanka Petrovic!!!!

j/k.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Oh you liar you! I must be the only one who knows that Jean IS Dusanka Petrovic!!!!

j/k.

Mr. Petrovic only wishes he were that lucky.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean - Henri Rousseau is exactly who I thought of too...infact, I discovered Petrovic's work while I was researching Rousseau for a mural I'm doing.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by susie View Post
    yay, extension!
    i keep meaning [but forgetting] to sign on here and participate in one of the art prompts.
    I hope you do Susie, and welcome to the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean! I love it!

I just got home so i'm glad you guys extended it. I'll start on something tonight.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And so, without further adieu, or artistic talent on my part, I give you: Stuffy-guys' Demise.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OOOOOHHHHHH....Niiice!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

If only I could have translated what I had in mind into reality... I wanted to have Mr. Stuffy there encircled by a crowd of town-folk. Some would be laughing, children might have expressions of terror. A close look at the face of Mr. Stuffy might have shown them a pair of human eyes behind what most thought was just patchwork effigy filled with straw..

Anyway, there was no way to get that image from my brain to my hands, so I was left with what you see there.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Turned out really good man--the idea is amazing.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Matt.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks great Corey.

poor stuffy guy
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I like it a lot!

I don't know about the Festival, but it sure should be in the Towerpedia under "Charyou Tree"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, I came in here, frustrated with homework, to vote and found an extension, hmmmm, Now that I have no tests persay between now and finals maybe just maybe.

Either way great work Jean and CPU!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast